Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

San Francisco 49ers Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Chief49er View Post
    Round 1 CB Vonte Davis
    Round 2 OLB Clint Sintim
    You sir are and Epic Fail.

    We won't take a WR in the first round especially after Morgan showed he could be a number one, and Jason Hill emerging.
    Last edited by Menardo75; 01-15-2009, 05:12 PM.
    Originally posted by 49erNation85
    I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

    Comment


    • Im all for drafting William Moore.....in the 2nd round

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Chief49er View Post
        Clint Sintim
        I like Sintim but I dont see him being someone we draft because of our draft positions.

        Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

        Comment


        • looks like linehan got his second interview today for OC. hes also the first to get a second interview. sounds like we are having him at top of the list right now

          http://49ers.com/blog49/?p=407

          Comment


          • Originally posted by 49erfaithful View Post
            looks like linehan got his second interview today for OC. hes also the first to get a second interview. sounds like we are having him at top of the list right now

            http://49ers.com/blog49/?p=407
            Could be OC by tonight:
            http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/...op-choice.html

            Comment


            • I may be wrong here but isnt he more of a pass first OC like when he had Culpepper and Moss?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by woodyx02 View Post
                I may be wrong here but isnt he more of a pass first OC like when he had Culpepper and Moss?
                idk if he is or not, but i found an article from when he was first hired in STL about the schemes he tried to run. take it for what its worth since it is like 2 year old

                http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/traini...ohn&id=2545442
                Last edited by 49erfaithful; 01-15-2009, 09:15 PM. Reason: forgot the link

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
                  We won't take a WR in the first round especially after Morgan showed he could be a number one, and Jason Hill emerging.
                  Come on. 20 catches for 319 yards is not proof that Morgan is going to be the No. 1 receiver we've all been waiting for. It was a nice rookie season... I feel confident projecting that he'll be able to be a part of the Niners receiving corps for some time. But neither he nor Hill has, at this point, looked like a No. 1 receiver. They've both shown flashes, and I certainly have hope that they can develop more consistency, but saying at this point that we shouldn't draft a receiver in the 1st round because of Morgan and Hill isn't very sound thinking, IMO.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
                    He is who I figured it would be, his sytem fits us perfectly.

                    Originally posted by stl9erfan View Post
                    Come on. 20 catches for 319 yards is not proof that Morgan is going to be the No. 1 receiver we've all been waiting for. It was a nice rookie season... I feel confident projecting that he'll be able to be a part of the Niners receiving corps for some time. But neither he nor Hill has, at this point, looked like a No. 1 receiver. They've both shown flashes, and I certainly have hope that they can develop more consistency, but saying at this point that we shouldn't draft a receiver in the 1st round because of Morgan and Hill isn't very sound thinking, IMO.
                    Yeah did all of that with less than a handfull of starts and a nagging groin injury.

                    Also I read Mcloughan's mailbag this week and he basically said if Everette Brown was available he would be the pick.
                    Originally posted by 49erNation85
                    I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

                    Comment


                    • I don't think drafting a WR in the first round is necessary because there will still be some good receivers in second that could possibly be #1's. I wouldn't mind them taking Maclin in the first but I'd rather them go after Derrick Williams, Joaquin Iglesias, or Brian Robiskie in the second round.

                      WR's like Desean Jackson, Eddie Royal, Brandon Marshall, Marques Colston, and Greg Jennings prove that there is talent in later rounds. I think they should look at OT in the in the first round.

                      Comment


                      • If the 49ers signed CB Kelvin Hayden in free agency and moved Reggie Smith to FS, What draft would you guys rather have?


                        Scenario 1:

                        1st round: Mark Sanchez, QB, USC
                        2nd round: Alex Boone, OT, Ohio St.
                        3rd round: Ron Brace, DT, Boston College
                        4th round: Jarrett Dillard, WR, Rice

                        Scenario 2:

                        1st round: Eugene Monroe, OT, Virginia
                        2nd round: Derrick Williams, WR, Penn St.
                        3rd round: Rhett Bomar, QB, Sam Houston St.
                        4th round: Dorrell Scott, DT, Clemson

                        Scenario 3:

                        1st round: Jeremy Maclin, WR, Missouri
                        2nd round: Terrence Taylor, DT, Michigan
                        3rd round: Jamon Meredith, OT, South Carolina
                        4th round: Hunter Cantwell, QB, Louisville

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
                          he basically said if Everette Brown was available he would be the pick.
                          That wouldn't be all that bad. He's a great pass rusher.

                          Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Brent View Post
                            That wouldn't be all that bad. He's a great pass rusher.
                            Niether would I he would be a great addition. We could grab an OT in the second and a S in the third at that point.
                            Originally posted by 49erNation85
                            I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
                              Niether would I he would be a great addition. We could grab an OT in the second and a S in the third at that point.
                              I must say, I have the gut feeling that Aaron Curry could be the pick.

                              Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Brent View Post
                                I must say, I have the gut feeling that Aaron Curry could be the pick.
                                I really don't see how he would help us that much though. He is a great and versatile LB, but he isn't gonna be the elite pass rusher we need.
                                Originally posted by 49erNation85
                                I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information