Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't see what the big deal is with Christian Ponder, he didn't even have a single 300yd passing game this whole season.
    Ryan Mallet on the other hand had several 300yd passing games against some of the best defenses in the country like LSU and Alabama.
    If I was the head coach I would take Mallet 7th overall, but it's probably a good thing that I'm not.
    I just don't think you guys should completely rule out Mallet in favor of Christian Ponder so easily.
    If Harbough does decide to go with a 2nd round QB we are basically accepting that this team will have an average QB, and hopefully a really good supporting cast. I just think you guys should temper your expectations with Ponder, Devlin, ect. unless that supporting cast is there.

Last thing, does it bother anyone that Quinn has been out of football for a whole year?

Comment

• Originally posted by Goon61 View Post
      I don't see what the big deal is with Christian Ponder, he didn't even have a single 300yd passing game this whole season.
      Ryan Mallet on the other hand had several 300yd passing games against some of the best defenses in the country like LSU and Alabama.
      Stats aren't a huge deal when looking at a prospect.

Originally posted by Goon61 View Post
      Last thing, does it bother anyone that Quinn has been out of football for a whole year?
      That bothers me.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
        what? I dont see any thing.
        The green folder.. (thats Harbaugh) I hear there's a killer buffalo wings recipe in that thing. Im gonna rush the field and swoop that **** if I see him holding it.

Comment

• From Matt Maiocco's chat going on right now:
          http://www.csnbayarea.com/pages/maiocco_chat
          12:00 [Comment From FawziFawzi: ]
          What do you think will it take to get Kevin Kolb from the Eagles, and do you think the Niners will seriously go after him?

12:02 Yes, I think the 49ers will seriously go after him. I'm expecting the Eagles to settle for a second and a third, or possibly a late-first.
          Probably a terrible idea to quote this since it will reopen another 3 day debate about Kolb.

12:06 [Comment From Jerm Jerm: ]
          What are the chances the 49ers go for AJ Green if hes availible at #7? If not him do you think its safe to say Defense is probably the 99.9% chance for our pick?

12:07 No chance whatsoever on the wide receiver. I think the only position on offense the 49ers would use for the seventh pick is quarterback. Otherwise, I'd fully expect No. 7 to be defense.
          12:09 [Comment From Fawzi Fawzi: ]
          What quarterback do you think the Niners will end up with after the draft?

12:09 Christian Ponder or Andy Dalton.
          -Sounds like Von Miller will be the 49ers pick in his first mock draft.
          -Doesn't look like the 49ers will use the franchise tag at all.
          http://www.csnbayarea.com/02/03/11/S...94&feedID=5936

Comment

• I wouldn't mind Mallet.The kid is pretty tough as it.I just wonder how is work ethics and football IQ is.Also his pocket presence isn't the greatest but everything else seems to fall into place though.Can't wait to see him throw at the combine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
              I wouldn't mind Mallet.The kid is pretty tough as it.I just wonder how is work ethics and football IQ is.Also his pocket presence isn't the greatest but everything else seems to fall into place though.Can't wait to see him throw at the combine.
              You question his pocket presence, his work ethic, and his football IQ, then you say you can't wait to see him throw at the combine.

Throwing at the combine isn't going to teach you anything about your concerns. You're just going to see him throw that thing 100 mph and be enamored with his strong arm - which we already know he has.
              Originally posted by Babylon
              It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

• king2am,
                Whats your point there ?I'm still excited to see any of the QB's throw at the combine I guess.Doesn't mean I have ? marks about that stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
                  king2am,
                  Whats your point there ?I'm still excited to see any of the QB's throw at the combine I guess.Doesn't mean I have ? marks about that stuff.
                  I thought it was related to what you previously said about him, considering it came right after. And if you were using the qb's throwing at the combine as any type of barometer, then I thought that was strange.

Do you know what I mean? You dislike Blaine Gabbert, but that fool is going to look sick throwing the ball in Indianapolis.

Comment

• 12:02 Yes, I think the 49ers will seriously go after him. I'm expecting the Eagles to settle for a second and a third, or possibly a late-first.
                    Matt is high.

If there is no CBA there is no trade so you can't get Kolb.

And if there is a CBA he is not gonna get back more than a late 2nd at best and I don't want that team to be us.

Comment

• In response to Bajema's post regarding Maiocco's chat -

-A 2nd AND a 3rd for Kolb??? Get the **** out of here. SF does that, they are even more stupid than I ever thought. Two high draft picks, a long term extension for a guy who's average at best and has a history of concussions. Yeah, no thanks.

-If Peterson/Prince are both gone by 7 and Green is still somehow someway still on the draft board and we pass, Baalke should be fired right after that draft pick is made. It should be a no-brainer to anyone in SF. Morgan is a UFA in 2012 and while he does good at times, he also disappears at times too. Replacing Morgan with Green while still having Crabtree and Davis is a dream come true especially for an offense that has sucked since 2002.

-If we acquire Kolb for a 2nd AND a 3rd, I highly doubt that we would draft any QB. After all, what would be the point either way?

And I personally would franchise Franklin for 2011 and let him leave in 2012. Draft his replacement this year and there ya go. $12m may be a lot of money to pay him but subtract him and even Willis' play will decline.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                        And I personally would franchise Franklin for 2011 and let him leave in 2012. Draft his replacement this year and there ya go. $12m may be a lot of money to pay him but subtract him and even Willis' play will decline.
                        this would be a good year to get a NT, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                          In response to Bajema's post regarding Maiocco's chat -

-A 2nd AND a 3rd for Kolb??? Get the **** out of here. SF does that, they are even more stupid than I ever thought. Two high draft picks, a long term extension for a guy who's average at best and has a history of concussions. Yeah, no thanks.

Completely Agree... has hell frozen over?

-If Peterson/Prince are both gone by 7 and Green is still somehow someway still on the draft board and we pass, Baalke should be fired right after that draft pick is made. It should be a no-brainer to anyone in SF. Morgan is a UFA in 2012 and while he does good at times, he also disappears at times too. Replacing Morgan with Green while still having Crabtree and Davis is a dream come true especially for an offense that has sucked since 2002.

Eh, that depends on who's left. We need a cover guy and a pass rusher in a really bad way. If Either Von Miller or Robert Quinn are available then we need to take one of those guys before we take AJ Green. But if all of the defensive guys are gone, then I think AJ Green has to be the pick, or trade out to someone who does want him.

-If we acquire Kolb for a 2nd AND a 3rd, I highly doubt that we would draft any QB. After all, what would be the point either way?

And I personally would franchise Franklin for 2011 and let him leave in 2012. Draft his replacement this year and there ya go. $12m may be a lot of money to pay him but subtract him and even Willis' play will decline

I agree with Brent, this could be a great year to find a replacement. I would not be unhappy at all if we took Phil Taylor in the 2nd. I know that's passing on a linebacker/corner but his value after the combine is going to be late 1st round, quite possibly the Chiefs at #21. So to land him I think would be awesome value.

Responses in bold.

Comment

• Something along the lines of this would be ideal, imo:

1. Amukamara - CB
                            2. Brooks Reed - OLB
                            3. Ponder/Kaepernick - QB

Comment

• Originally posted by edgrenade View Post
                              Something along the lines of this would be ideal, imo:

1. Amukamara - CB
                              2. Brooks Reed - OLB
                              3. Ponder/Kaepernick - QB
                              I'm really doubting Ponder is gonna be there in the third, maybe not in the 2nd. Kaepernick ehhh, not before the 4th IMo. The first two picks are money though. Isn't there good CB prospects in the 2nd of this draft though? I thought it's pretty CB heavy.

Comment

• I think he's there in the 2nd, maybe in the third. QBs always fall after the top group is gone.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information