• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
    sadly, it would still be better than this past season
    Well can't go anywhere but up. The good sides to that scenario:

1. Having an offensive minded coach.

2. Playing in the NFC West.

3. Planning out for the future with a young quarterback.

Hopefully we just select the right young guy.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
    -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
    Originally posted by Borat
    Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• I would just LLLLLOVE Cam Newton on the 49ers. It'll probably never happen but I would love it. Worst case scenario, you gain a WR/TE lol

Comment

• ^^^^^ No thanks.

And I didnt know that Rodgers was a 49ers fan growing up and his favorite players were Montana and Young. Cant believe the Niners passed on him in 2005. Oh well. Still hope the Packers win since I hate the Steelers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ness View Post
          Well can't go anywhere but up. The good sides to that scenario:

1. Having an offensive minded coach.

2. Playing in the NFC West.

3. Planning out for the future with a young quarterback.

Hopefully we just select the right young guy.
          I have a lot of faith we will this year. Harbaugh liked Romo and Garrard while having an unfavorable grade on Harrington back when he was the Raiders QB coach. For the first time in years, i feel very confident that we have some competent QB evaluators in place.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
            ^^^^^ No thanks.

And I didnt know that Rodgers was a 49ers fan growing up and his favorite players were Montana and Young. Cant believe the Niners passed on him in 2005. Oh well. Still hope the Packers win since I hate the Steelers.
            Apparently Mike McCarthy liked Alex Smith over Aaron Rodgers. Yet he gets a head coaching job and makes out with the championship in the end. Funny how things work out sometimes.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
            -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
            Originally posted by Borat
            Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

Apparently Mike McCarthy liked Alex Smith over Aaron Rodgers. Yet he gets a head coaching job and makes out with the championship in the end. Funny how things work out sometimes.
              The Mike Nolan coaching tree lives on! LMAO

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
              Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

I'm not laughing. :(

Comment

• Erk...Wrong thread.

Comment

• Any one like Caleb Henn from Chicago?I hear he is a FA.

Comment

• Caleb Hanie?

All I know about this guy is he was the 3rd stringer in Chicago, and played well in the NFC Championship game. But I don't think that's a large enough sample to say I do or do not want the guy.

If we're talking about to replace someone like David Carr - sure, doesn't matter much. I imagine Harbaugh will draft/sign his top two quarterbacks. If Hanie wants to be our 3rd and compete for the 2nd that's fine.

There's no way though he's in the discussion for the starting gig.
                      Originally posted by Babylon
                      It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

• Caleb Hanie = waster of time

The only scenario is to take him if he'll sign for the minimum and cut Carr so he can be the Niners 3rd QB on the cheap. I'd prefer a backup QB with more West Coach Offense experience.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                        Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Just wanted to get some opinions that is all guys.Any word on who our top QB 's for JH yet or is it to early?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
                            Any word on who our top QB 's for JH yet or is it to early?
                            seriously?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
                              Just wanted to get some opinions that is all guys.Any word on who our top QB 's for JH yet or is it to early?
                              Maiocco's Article

Besides, Harbaugh will be playing his cards close to his chest regarding this one.

Comment

• Top 10 49ers Big Board, according to yours truly.

Post yours, same, different, whatever.

1. Patrick Peterson – I personally believe he’s the best prospect in the draft this year. It just so happens that his position lines up perfectly with one of our greatest needs. Having him fall to #7 would be the ideal situation in my opinion.

2. Prince Amukamara – Thankfully, there are two elite prospects at the corner position this year. Doesn’t come away with as many turnovers as you’d like, and doesn’t offer anything in terms of the return game. Those are the main two reasons why he’s behind Peterson.

3. Von Miller – Already has nearly everyone raving about his athleticism and what he can offer a football team. I expect him to blow up at the combine. He could be the presence off the edge we’ve been waiting/searching for.

4. Nick Fairley – He’s no Ndamukong Suh, but when Fairley is playing at his best, I don’t think he’s that far off. Would be amazing at the end opposite Justin Smith, and would also allow us to be scheme diverse.

5. Robert Quinn – A full year off from football certainly hurts his stock a bit, but he’s still a phenomenal player. I think, come April, he’ll be the #1 pass rusher on most boards – Von Miller simply offers more versatility.

6. A.J. Green – Some see him as the #1 player in the draft. I see Patrick Peterson as that guy. Green would be strictly a BPA/Luxury pick if we made this selection. Ideally, if the previous 5 are gone, I would look to trade out with someone who desperately wants Green, and grab extra picks. I wouldn’t want to drop down much further though.

7. Cameron Newton – Quarterback is the most vital of all our needs heading into this offseason. All of the quarterbacks available in the draft are “developmental” or “project” quarterbacks in my opinion. Newton is no exception to that. However, if they can all be labeled as such, I think where you begin to separate the prospects is by their ceiling. I personally believe that Newton’s ceiling is unmatched by anyone in this class, and anyone in recent memory. In Harbaugh I trust, so I’m perfectly fine not grabbing a quarterback at #7, but I also believe in his abilities to harness the potential that Newton offers.

8. Marcell Dareus – To me, he would essentially be a Nick Fairley type player, with slightly less nastiness. Scheme diverse as well as Fairley – outside in a 3-4, inside in a 4-3.

9. Cameron Jordan – Another guy I really like that may be a popular top 10 guy by the end of April. He’s another aggressive/athletic 3-4 defensive end that would instantly improve our front.

10. Julio Jones – Another luxury pick, and my reaction is very similar to that of A.J Green. If we find ourselves out of the #7 slot, and the players listed previously are gone, I would first want to find a trade partner who wanted to select Julio. If it doesn’t work out, obviously he’s a superb talent and would be a welcomed addition.

*Subject to change
                                Originally posted by Babylon
                                It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information