Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm currently not sold on any of the QBs in this Draft in the first 20 picks, though Gabbert and Newton still have a chance to wow me. Locker is a late 1st Round value, if not lower to me.

Regarding Flynn, if Harbaugh likes him better than the talent available at QB in the 3rd Round, then he'll make the move.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
    Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• I'm with you guys about BIG faith if JH for getting us a QB for next season.I'm just trying to guess at if it will being the draft or we make a big splash in the FA market.I wouldn't mind Newton or Locker.I just don't like the big ego Newton has over winning the Heisman and championship etc.With both Locker and Newton there foot work and accuracy need help.So why choose one over the other?I do think though we do need some one with a big arm though.Mallet and Newton and Locker are the only ones in the draft who could throw the ball down field long enough.Though I honestly think if Mallet feel to us in the second round we have to draft him there at our second round pick.That is the big rumor there this month or we can move up in the top 4 picks in round two and still draft him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
        I'm with you guys about BIG faith if JH for getting us a QB for next season.I'm just trying to guess at if it will being the draft or we make a big splash in the FA market.I wouldn't mind Newton or Locker.I just don't like the big ego Newton has over winning the Heisman and championship etc.With both Locker and Newton there foot work and accuracy need help.So why choose one over the other?I do think though we do need some one with a big arm though.Mallet and Newton and Locker are the only ones in the draft who could throw the ball down field long enough.Though I honestly think if Mallet feel to us in the second round we have to draft him there at our second round pick.That is the big rumor there this month or we can move up in the top 4 picks in round two and still draft him.
        I choose Cam over Jake because Jake has been taught proper footwork in his drops while playing in a pro friendly system.

Cam has never been taught how to take drops properly in a pro friendly system.

I would rather take the guy (Cam) without the bad habits, than the one who has had years to get this stuff right and still has major concerns with his footwork (Jake).

Then you take into account who has the higher ceiling (Cam), and I personally don't think it's close.
        Originally posted by Babylon
        It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

• king,
          I do see your point there but both QB 's still could have major improvement in those areas with good coaching.I really guess it is all depends who is BPA at 7 like we all keep saying.Dam April just needs to hurry up and get here already.

Comment

• Jake Locker = Alex Smith

Comment

• Phone put double post...

Comment

• I prefer Locker over all other potential first round QB's but I still prefer Peterson/Prince/Green over any QB.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                  Having a player like Green would push Crabtree to elevate his game and if the time came to where we have to trade Crabtree, we already have a younger and potentially a far superior receiver. Also, after Crabtree and Morgan, our receivers are average at best. Value wise, it would be a huge mistake to pass on Green if both CB's are already gone.

Quinn hasnt played in what two years? I wouldnt draft him at seven. No way. Miller would be 50/50 depends on if we sign an OLB in FA. As for Fairley and Dareus, unless they have the potential to be a dominant NT, I wouldnt draft either at seven because in a 3-4, neither would be worth the seventh overall draft pick. Peterson/Prince are the only two players I would draft over Green at seven.

Crabtree is 23 years old, AJ Green is 22. AJ will be 23 by July so they are the same age. I also don't really think you can say AJ could potentially be a "far superior WR" in comparison to Crabs. Guys do bust, AJ could end up like Charles Rogers for all we know, but Crabtree was an elite wr in his own right, still has a ton of potential and room for growth, so I don't think it's a bit fair to knock him down and pump up the unproven guy.

Your probably right about his work ethic, but he is still dripping with talent and it would be unrealistic to expect him and Crabs to co-habitat without a very good QB and an offense that didn't mind throwing the ball more then running, 2 things that'll be hard for SF to do this fast.

Value wise yea he will be the top rated guy, but what happens if every year the bpa is a WR, do you keep drafting them? Sometimes there may be another guy not rated quite as high, but high enough to take at that pick. I think you put yourself in a bind if you always go bpa and end up with a ton of early picks at the same position.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                    Value wise yea he will be the top rated guy, but what happens if every year the bpa is a WR, do you keep drafting them? Sometimes there may be another guy not rated quite as high, but high enough to take at that pick. I think you put yourself in a bind if you always go bpa and end up with a ton of early picks at the same position.
                    I agree, hasn't exactly worked out for the Lions in the past decade lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                      Crabtree is 23 years old, AJ Green is 22. AJ will be 23 by July so they are the same age. I also don't really think you can say AJ could potentially be a "far superior WR" in comparison to Crabs. Guys do bust, AJ could end up like Charles Rogers for all we know, but Crabtree was an elite wr in his own right, still has a ton of potential and room for growth, so I don't think it's a bit fair to knock him down and pump up the unproven guy.

Your probably right about his work ethic, but he is still dripping with talent and it would be unrealistic to expect him and Crabs to co-habitat without a very good QB and an offense that didn't mind throwing the ball more then running, 2 things that'll be hard for SF to do this fast.

I agree with some of what you're saying but unless Peterson or Prince are on the board at 7, why would I pass on Green if they're not? Unless I can trade the pick for a blockbuster type deal, I draft him because the positives far outweigh the negatives and hopefully, an incoming rookie will motivate Crabtree to be better than what he is especially when it comes to work ethic.

Also, Morgan is an UFA in a year and Green would be a huge upgrade as being his replacement and considering that Morgan may cost as much when he becomes a UFA, it would be smarter to let him leave. I just dont think that any player outside of Peterson/Prince would be worth the risk and gamble compared to Green. If others like Von Miller are also gone and yet, Green is still there, like I said, I would try to get some team to make a blockbuster trade for him or just draft him myself.

Another thing is that our offense has SUCKED for years and adding another potential playmaking WR would be awesome. People will say that the WCO isnt meant for a passing attack or whatever but if that was the case, the 49ers franchise wouldnt have five Super Bowl Championships. Its become a pass oriented league and while Gore is awesome, we cant keep abusing the damn guy and still think that we will win every game. I'm really hoping that Harbaugh wants to pass more than Sing and Nolan did especially since he has better weapons and then, you possibly add Green and oh hell yeah, team should be able to score 30+ points a game.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                        Also, Morgan is an UFA in a year and Green would be a huge upgrade as being his replacement and considering that Morgan may cost as much when he becomes a UFA, it would be smarter to let him leave. I just dont think that any player outside of Peterson/Prince would be worth the risk and gamble compared to Green. If others like Von Miller are also gone and yet, Green is still there, like I said, I would try to get some team to make a blockbuster trade for him or just draft him myself.
                        Rumor from Maiocco was SF was trying to get Morgan extended near the end of last season. Wouldn't be surprised, once the CBA mess is figured out, if Morgan gets a contract during the next TC.

Another thing is that our offense has SUCKED for years and adding another potential playmaking WR would be awesome. People will say that the WCO isnt meant for a passing attack or whatever but if that was the case, the 49ers franchise wouldnt have five Super Bowl Championships. Its become a pass oriented league and while Gore is awesome, we cant keep abusing the damn guy and still think that we will win every game. I'm really hoping that Harbaugh wants to pass more than Sing and Nolan did especially since he has better weapons and then, you possibly add Green and oh hell yeah, team should be able to score 30+ points a game.
                        Our offense has sucked for years because we did not have coaches that had even a clue on how to run a modern up to date offense. I do believe this team needs another playmaker but more in the mold of a burner. I think this draft has good enough depth at WR that SF can hold off till round 3. SF really needs to come away with any combo of QB, OLB, CB with those first two picks. They can not be ignored.

IF, huge one, free agency happens the class of WRs looks solid:
                        http://www.footballsfuture.com/2011/fa/wr.html
                        James Jones
                        Steve Breston
                        Mike Sims-Walker
                        Jacoby Jones (Would be my number 1 target at WR, playmaker, would be perfect in slot or opposite to Crabtree)
                        Last edited by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?; 02-12-2011, 08:49 AM.

Comment

• I think you pass on Green b/c he will be way too expensive in the 1st rd. There could be a need for a playmaker receiver opposite Crabtree with Morgan moving the chains as the possession guy, but a cheaper FA with experience or a mid- rd. WR s/b the route to take there.

Hell no Alex Smith is not Jake Locker. Locker is a blank slate, the tabula rasa, the clay from which to mold a new franchise QB, maybe not in SF but somewhere in the NFL. Smith has been so ****** up from umpteen OCs, GMs, system, regime & HC changes he doesnt whether to **** or go blind at his point in his 9er career, he's totally burned out. He absolutely screams for a new NFL town to play FB.

Morgan should definitely be resigned, he has grown & matured with experience, he knows his role & doesnt whine for more catches, & delivers with points & catch production.

And whether a new DE opposite Smith is obtained or not, Haralson s/b a keeper. Anybody who specializes in the lost art of blocking FG attempts like him is golden in my book.
                          Last edited by LizardState; 02-12-2011, 10:50 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
                            Rumor from Maiocco was SF was trying to get Morgan extended near the end of last season. Wouldn't be surprised, once the CBA mess is figured out, if Morgan gets a contract during the next TC.

Our offense has sucked for years because we did not have coaches that had even a clue on how to run a modern up to date offense. I do believe this team needs another playmaker but more in the mold of a burner. I think this draft has good enough depth at WR that SF can hold off till round 3. SF really needs to come away with any combo of QB, OLB, CB with those first two picks. They can not be ignored.

IF, huge one, free agency happens the class of WRs looks solid:
                            http://www.footballsfuture.com/2011/fa/wr.html
                            James Jones
                            Steve Breston
                            Mike Sims-Walker
                            Jacoby Jones (Would be my number 1 target at WR, playmaker, would be perfect in slot or opposite to Crabtree)
                            Definitely seems like a strong list of WRs's in FA, but i don't know how the CBA will affect all that. I really like James Jones but he might cost too much...Mike Sims-Walker would be a nice backup plan. The guy i really want in FA this year is Nnamdi but i realize its a pipe-dream, still it would make this offseason even better for me.

Comment

• How do you guys see our FA signings at WR or RB is any?I took a look at the list and both are a good set like what 49ersfan_87 said.We could get a good slot guy at WR then a back up RB from the phis in Brown or Williams maybe.I just hope we can settle some signings before the CBA starts or will they wait on that?

Comment

• If the Rams dont pick up Atogwe's $8m option by next Monday, he'll become an UFA which means that he'll be able to sign a contract before the start of UFA actually begins. Hopefully, if that happens, we'll sign him the same day and can let Goldson walk.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information