Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I still think Goldson is gonna be a really good player and would hate to see him go. He's not getting 5-7 mill a year. We need to resign him.

Comment

• Breakdown by Eric Branch on how much Jim Harabaugh ran the ball at Stanford:
      http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2011/...h-at-stanford/
      Somewhere Gore and Dixon are smiling. Stats are skewed a bit because Stanford probably had a lead for most of the games.

Comment

• WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?,
        That is some good news for our running game.If we had this last season we would have won the division easily hands down.If we then get a QB who can run the off the PA and deep plays we are back in business.I still like our chances of getting Ponder,Stanzi or Dalton in 2nd or 3rd round.Unless we happen to trade down and get Locker if both CB 's or DE are gone.It will be a interesting draft.Again thanks for post the article, was a great read and in site for our future running game.

Comment

• Scott's latest mock has us taking Robert Quinn. I think pass rusher is our biggest defensive need so thats good with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
            Scott's latest mock has us taking Robert Quinn. I think pass rusher is our biggest defensive need so thats good with me.
            I personally have both corners ahead of both rushers, but as I said in the thread about the recent mock, it wouldn't break my heart if we took Von Miller or Robert Quinn with Prince on the board.
            Originally posted by Babylon
            It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

• if Von Miller fell to us, I would love it.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Read Scott's recent mock and no way would I draft Quinn with prince (and Green) still on the board. Quinn didnt even play last season and if there's a holdout, you're looking at almost two years before he even gets back on the field. Dont like that pick at all. I stay far far away from him because he'll be rusty as hell and could be so relaxed after not playing for so long that he'll just be in cruise control. No thanks.

Going by Scott's mock draft, my pick would be Prince.

Comment

• Im starting to like the idea of trading down if Peterson is gone. The other guys that make the most sense (Miller, Quinn, Prince) don't wow me. Miller is nice but it seems like he always speed rushes and I question is strength (we'll see how he weighs in at the combine). Quinn worries me cuz he's converting from DE which is always risky and he missed a year. Prince is a little overrated to me. Im not sold that he's fast enough (his 40 will be huge). I liked Haden a lot more. Haden was more physical and had better instincts which is necessary if you aren't a blazer.

I could definitely see Houston, Minn, Detroit, and Jax all interested in moving up to get one of the top defensive guys like Prince, Quinn, or Dareus. We could pick up an additional 2nd or 3rd and still get a nice CB or OLB (Aldon Smith, Houston, Kerrigan, Jimmy Smith, Harris).

Anyone agree?

Comment

• I have no problem with Quinn over Prince. DEFINITELY have no problem with Quinn over a WR (Green).

Comment

• Originally posted by Milk Man View Post
                      Anyone agree?
                      No one trades down. And, with this group, I don't think you're going to see many, if any, teams wanting to trade up.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• I like Miller but I'm also wondering about his size/strength combo for a 3/4 OLB. He's smaller than Orakpo but definitely explosive. I'll be interested in seeing more of Miller and Quinn at the Combine.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                        Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• I think that if Green was to fall to 7, I can definitely see a few teams be willing to trade up. One team could be NE who have two first rounders and six draft picks in the first three rounds. When you look at them offensively, all they need is that playmaking WR. If Peterson/Prince are both gone but Green is still there and NE was interested in trading away both first rounders, I would definitely do it. Would then draft CB Jimmy Smith at 17 and OG Mike Pouncey at 28 which solidifies two positions of need. Add hopefully CB Richard Marshall via UFA and we have our two new starting CB's and one hell of an OL where Pouncey is a HUGE upgrade over Rachal/Baas/Snyder at RG. Imagine if we were able to sign C Ryan Kalil away from CAR. Can you say best young OL in the league??? Not going to happen but I can dream, tee hee.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                            No one trades down. And, with this group, I don't think you're going to see many, if any, teams wanting to trade up.
                            What do you mean? Someone trades down every year. Its not possible for a team to trade up without another team trading down. And if a team really likes a player there's always a chance to trade up. Who would have thought we trade up for Davis or SD trades up for Mathews?

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                              I think that if Green was to fall to 7, I can definitely see a few teams be willing to trade up. One team could be NE who have two first rounders and six draft picks in the first three rounds. When you look at them offensively, all they need is that playmaking WR. If Peterson/Prince are both gone but Green is still there and NE was interested in trading away both first rounders, I would definitely do it. Would then draft CB Jimmy Smith at 17 and OG Mike Pouncey at 28 which solidifies two positions of need. Add hopefully CB Richard Marshall via UFA and we have our two new starting CB's and one hell of an OL where Pouncey is a HUGE upgrade over Rachal/Baas/Snyder at RG. Imagine if we were able to sign C Ryan Kalil away from CAR. Can you say best young OL in the league??? Not going to happen but I can dream, tee hee.
                              If Green slips that would be perfect to trade down. It would be un Belichick like to trade up but its possible for a talent like Green. Im sure other teams would be interested too.

If we draft a O-Lineman in the first 3 rounds ill be pissed. I don't care if Baas is a FA and Chilo is inconsistent. We are the only team in the league that uses this many high picks on the OL. Its not necessary. With better coaching and discipline they will get more consistent. Plus they're a young group. We should be able to find someone to play C or RG if Baas leaves or the new staff doesn't like Chilo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Milk Man View Post
                                What do you mean? Someone trades down every year. Its not possible for a team to trade up without another team trading down. And if a team really likes a player there's always a chance to trade up. Who would have thought we trade up for Davis or SD trades up for Mathews?
                                I think he means, if we're sitting there and AJ Green is available, it's not up to us whether we trade back, it's up to another team if they want to move up.

We couldn't call up NE and say, "hey guys, two firsts please and we'll give you this spot".

It only works if NE calls US and says, "hey, we'll give you this, for this"
                                *side note - NE would never do that, in my opinion*

You can almost always find a trade partner if you want to move up, because you can almost always sweeten the pot enough to where they other party says yes.

Plenty of teams would love to move back and stockpile if their guy isn't there...but it doesn't work that way.

Long explanation, but I think that's what he means - what I got out of it anyway, and I agree.
                                Originally posted by Babylon
                                It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information