Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^ Well, yeah if you put it that way the team trading down rarely initiates the trade talks. But that doesn't make trading down any less likely. There's always teams trading up. I have a feeling almost every team in the top 10 gets a call on draft day about what it would take for their pick. Every team wants one of the top prospects. There's many teams in the 10-20 range that could be interested in a Dareus, Quinn, Green, Prince or any of the top guys if they slip.

Basically i was just wondering if you guys would take Quinn, Miller, or Prince... or trade back to get an extra pick(s) and take someone like Houston, Kerrigan, Smith, or Harris. If i had the choice id trade back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Milk Man View Post
      ^ Well, yeah if you put it that way the team trading down rarely initiates the trade talks. But that doesn't make trading down any less likely. There's always teams trading up. I have a feeling almost every team in the top 10 gets a call on draft day about what it would take for their pick. Every team wants one of the top prospects. There's many teams in the 10-20 range that could be interested in a Dareus, Quinn, Green, Prince or any of the top guys if they slip.

Basically i was just wondering if you guys would take Quinn, Miller, or Prince... or trade back to get an extra pick(s) and take someone like Houston, Kerrigan, Smith, or Harris. If i had the choice id trade back.
      I would take any of those three you mentioned, Prince, Miller, Quinn before any of the others, plus a pick. That's just a personal preference of mine though. If I were to trade back, it wouldn't be too far, most likely to someone who wanted AJ Green, and I would have to be very confident that I could get someone like Kerrigan in the end.
      Originally posted by Babylon
      It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

What do you mean?
        Originally posted by king2am View Post
        I think he means, if we're sitting there and AJ Green is available, it's not up to us whether we trade back, it's up to another team if they want to move up
        Yes, that is what I meant.
        Originally posted by Milk Man View Post
        Basically i was just wondering if you guys would take Quinn, Miller, or Prince... or trade back to get an extra pick(s) and take someone like Houston, Kerrigan, Smith, or Harris.
        I really want to like Quinn, but the year of not playing really bugs me.

I would certainly take Miller in a heartbeat; Prince, too.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• doubt anyone would trade UP for a WR.

Comment

• If we trade back alittle bit and got Kerrigan, I'm very happy, but Miller, Green and Prince on the Board I dont want to trade back for Harris or Smith. If we sure can get Kerrigan I#m in.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaybeDavis View Post
              If we trade back alittle bit and got Kerrigan, I'm very happy, but Miller, Green and Prince on the Board I dont want to trade back for Harris or Smith. If we sure can get Kerrigan I#m in.
              Aldon Smith is a freaking baller. No one should be disappointed if we traded back and got him.

Comment

• Scott said this via Twitter:

"Hearing that some teams are really getting scared off on North Carolina's Robert Quinn due to the benign brain tumor he had in high school."

Comment

• Originally posted by MaybeDavis View Post
                  If we trade back alittle bit and got Kerrigan, I'm very happy, but Miller, Green and Prince on the Board I dont want to trade back for Harris or Smith. If we sure can get Kerrigan I#m in.
                  I feel like thats the best possible situation. Honestly I love Kerrigan and assembling more picks wouldnt hurt us at all in all honesty. in round 2 we could get a good corner or a quarterback or whatever happens more picks is never a bad thing to happen and if we acquire Kerrigan thats perfectly fine as far as 3-4 OLB is concerned.
                  San Francisco 49ers: 5 Super Bowls
                  Auburn Tigers: 2 National Championships

Comment

• So Otogwe has been released...

Let the board explosion commence!

Comment

• I love goldson but if the money is right, id take atogwe. For FS and Mays could finally play the SS he can be with a very good consistent FS as opposed to a good FS.

Comment

• Originally posted by txparkes49x View Post
                        I feel like thats the best possible situation. Honestly I love Kerrigan and assembling more picks wouldnt hurt us at all in all honesty. in round 2 we could get a good corner or a quarterback or whatever happens more picks is never a bad thing to happen and if we acquire Kerrigan thats perfectly fine as far as 3-4 OLB is concerned.
                        That's my thinking as well. I really like Aldon Smith and Houston too. Tbh, i like those 3 more than Miller. Just don't trust his game will translate as a pass rusher. And Quinn's just risky cause of the year off. Should be interesting to see all these guys at the combine though. We really need to come out of the 1st with a stud pass rusher imo. Its our biggest weakness not named QB.

Comment

That's my thinking as well. I really like Aldon Smith and Houston too. Tbh, i like those 3 more than Miller. Just don't trust his game will translate as a pass rusher. And Quinn's just risky cause of the year off. Should be interesting to see all these guys at the combine though. We really need to come out of the 1st with a stud pass rusher imo. Its our biggest weakness not named QB.
                          Well Miller I like but if he is gone id trade down for another pass rusher. Quinn i like but the year off worries me. but in a way its like dont ya think he would come out on fire since he hasnt played a real season in a long time. Sorta like a explosion of waiting patiencely? i mean idk the odds of it but thats my counterpoint to the year off. i just want pass rush.

Comment

• Originally posted by edgrenade View Post
                            So Otogwe has been released...

Let the board explosion commence!
                            Personally, I would have no problem signing Atogwe to a two year $10m deal because he's a playmaker and thats what we need in the secondary. He'll be an upgrade over Goldson and if Goldson is looking for $5m+ a year, I let him walk as an UFA. If he returns as an RFA due to the next CBA, then, I would probably tender him at a third round level. Either way, I still sign Atogwe because he would easily be the best safety we have on our roster and worse case scenario, we have Atogwe, Goldson, Mays, Smith and Taylor for 2011 which would be great depth.

Comment

• Here's a list I found of all the scheduled UFA's for 2011 on a position by position basis.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...?module=HP_cp2

Comment

• Originally posted by binary View Post
                                Aldon Smith is a freaking baller. No one should be disappointed if we traded back and got him.
                                Doesnt mean Aldon, meant Jimmy.. ;-)

Trade back and got Kerrigan or Aldon Smith would be ok for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information