Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim Harbaugh’s new coordinators, former Stanford assistants Greg Roman and Vic Fangio, are undoubtedly rooting for a quick settlement. So should be the quarterback the Niners are likely to select with the seventh overall pick. Smith? Not so much.
    Hm good post there 49ers87.I'm still hoping for Locker with that statement it might just happen.WE all know that Smith talk is probably media BS crap or might give time for the new rookie to learn and be the starter next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by 49erNation85 View Post
      I know we are all thinking CB with our first pick in April.But I'm wondering will Locker clime high enough this weekend to the number one QB over newton and Gabbert?I mean hes got just about everything going for him right now.I watched the short interview they did on Total access this moring and hes got a HIGH football IQ.He mentioned that his accuracy could be fixed with repetition and his footwork as well.We could always go round two for a descent CB.I'm just saying.
      Ive been saying the same thing. Anyone who knows about Harbaugh knows a lot of what he looks for is a players mental makeup. Locker isn't accurate, but everything else about him screams Harbaugh to me. Look at how he's praising Alex Smith. Does Alex show great accuracy, no. But he's a good athlete, can throw a nice ball and has the work ethic. Now look at Locker. Even better athlete, better arm, better leadership, better pocket presence. He just needs to improve his footwork which you know he'll put 110% into doing. Based off his production he's certainly not worth the 7th pick (though his supporting cast was terrible). But based on his skills, intangibles and upside he might be. All it takes is one team to fall in love with him and I wouldn't be shocked if that was us.

From a perceived value standpoint id prefer one of the top OLBs or CBs, but you can't put a value on a franchise QB.. And if Harbaugh thinks that's what Locker is then take him at 7.

Comment

• If Miller and Peterson are gone at 7, Locker wouldn't surprise me. with the incoming rookie wage scale/cap, they might be paying him what you would pay what a pick in the 20s made last year.

All that said, I think with free agency coming after the draft, teams go BPA and then fill remaining holes with FA.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• You guys have no idea how much I love this Locker talk right now!It is getting me all warm and fuzzy inside lol.We all know hes worth a top ten pick just because his foot work i s a little messy.But which QB isn't is in this draft?As far as the top tier goes.I could see the second tier guys might be perfect like Ponder, Stanzi and Dalton I dunno.I would just think like Brent said if PP and Miller are gone might as well grab Locker.Then go CB,DE and rest in the later rounds.Also why are you guys making money such a big deal out of all these FA signings and drafting?I don't get it,the team it self have all kinds of money.I mean its not like WE as fans have to pay for the players.

Comment

You guys have no idea how much I love this Locker talk right now!It is getting me all warm and fuzzy inside lol.
            Before you get too excited, reread Milk Man's final thought and replace Locker's name with any QB you might dislike...

Originally posted by Milk Man View Post
            you can't put a value on a franchise QB.. And if Harbaugh thinks that's what Locker is then take him at 7.

Comment

• What if,What if Harbaugh does not like any QB this year and like the two next year? Based on what you guys know about him would he trade alot to get either one of the two next year?

Comment

• Originally posted by dannyz View Post
                What if,What if Harbaugh does not like any QB this year and like the two next year? Based on what you guys know about him would he trade alot to get either one of the two next year?
                And start David Carr this season? Without a CBA in place before the draft, he'd be the only QB guaranteed to return.

Comment

• Originally posted by Milk Man View Post
                  Ive been saying the same thing. Anyone who knows about Harbaugh knows a lot of what he looks for is a players mental makeup. Locker isn't accurate, but everything else about him screams Harbaugh to me. Look at how he's praising Alex Smith. Does Alex show great accuracy, no. But he's a good athlete, can throw a nice ball and has the work ethic. Now look at Locker. Even better athlete, better arm, better leadership, better pocket presence. He just needs to improve his footwork which you know he'll put 110% into doing. Based off his production he's certainly not worth the 7th pick (though his supporting cast was terrible). But based on his skills, intangibles and upside he might be. All it takes is one team to fall in love with him and I wouldn't be shocked if that was us.

From a perceived value standpoint id prefer one of the top OLBs or CBs, but you can't put a value on a franchise QB.. And if Harbaugh thinks that's what Locker is then take him at 7.
                  Locker is superior to Alex in arm strength and athleticism, that's it. Don't reach.

Comment

• Originally posted by binary View Post
                    Locker is superior to Alex in arm strength and athleticism, that's it. Don't reach.
                    Careful. People might deduce support for Alex Smith hidden between the lines of your post. You'll be exiled for eternity.

;)

Comment

• I'm still liking the idea of taking Kaepernick in the 3rd-4th round. He can easily be molded into a top QB at the next level. If you look at his completion percentage, it gradually increases and he has all the physical and mental tools that you look for.

You have to look at the value of where these draft picks are taking place. #7 overall is too high for all the QBs in this draft because there is greater talent at other positions.

Comment

You guys have no idea how much I love this Locker talk right now!It is getting me all warm and fuzzy inside lol.We all know hes worth a top ten pick just because his foot work i s a little messy.But which QB isn't is in this draft?As far as the top tier goes.I could see the second tier guys might be perfect like Ponder, Stanzi and Dalton I dunno.I would just think like Brent said if PP and Miller are gone might as well grab Locker.Then go CB,DE and rest in the later rounds.Also why are you guys making money such a big deal out of all these FA signings and drafting?I don't get it,the team it self have all kinds of money.I mean its not like WE as fans have to pay for the players.
                        We do? I apparently missed that one.
                        Originally posted by Babylon
                        It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

• Originally posted by king2am View Post
                          We do? I apparently missed that one.
                          I think he meant top 10 in the second round.

Comment

• Originally posted by edgrenade View Post
                            I'm still liking the idea of taking Kaepernick in the 3rd-4th round. He can easily be molded into a top QB at the next level. If you look at his completion percentage, it gradually increases and he has all the physical and mental tools that you look for.

You have to look at the value of where these draft picks are taking place. #7 overall is too high for all the QBs in this draft because there is greater talent at other positions.
                            I disagree both Newton and Gabbert are top 10 picks and if you can land either QB you have to do it. I remember this board has always been fickle on QBs in the first round for the last few years (dig up old Mark Sanchez theards on here) but their has been a pretty direct correlation between playoff teams and QBs drafted in round 1.

As much as I like Kaepernick/Dalton/Ponder it takes a lot of the right things to fall into place for QBs outside of the first round to have success and even then their shortcomings can still appear (i.e. Chad Henne). I like that with SF finally having an offensive minded coach who knows how to work with QBs, stud RB, Davis and Crabtree it is an idle time to get a QB in the first round to develop. This is not like 2005 all over again in terms of talent and situation of this team.

Comment

• Originally posted by binary View Post
                              34 or 43 doesn't matter much to me until we get a passrush. We haven't had a good passrusher or Oline for as long as I can remember, I'm tired of it.
                              ....b/c Lawson didn't get it done:

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/2100/manny-lawson

I think they're one of several teams in man-love with Von Miller now for this reason. All the mocks are now saying Peterson, but will he even last that long? Some say he's #1 overall material.

Comment

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
                                As much as I like Kaepernick/Dalton/Ponder it takes a lot of the right things to fall into place for QBs outside of the first round to have success and even then their shortcomings can still appear (i.e. Chad Henne).
                                Maybe Harbaugh doesn't grade Gabbert as a first rounder. The only one, to me, that looks the part of a first rounder (talent/potential-wise) is Newton, but I don't think I'd take him at 7, especially for a WCO offense that's going to rely on the short-to-intermediate passing game (or at least that's the offense we're led to believe is to be implemented).

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information