This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Binary, stop being a lamo.
    The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Originally posted by binary View Post
      Is that you Mike Dingletary? I'm not buying it. Alex was more of a leader at Utah than Locker ever has been or will be.Leadership and confidence comes from a variety ofsources, mainly success and stability.. neither of which have applied to the 49ers.
      Jake Locker is a god in the northwest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Borat View Post
        Binary, stop being a lamo.
        Just don't want this board turning into .com, I'd prefer if people stuck to reality.

Comment

Just don't want this board turning into .com, I'd prefer if people stuck to reality.
          I think the "reality" to most 49er fans is that they are finally tired of putting up with Alex Smith as our starting QB. You can throw all the "well he's really NOT that bad of a starting QB with those average numbers" and "there's really not any better options out there for next year" all you want, but most of us are ready for a change. No matter who it is, rookie or veteran.

It would be easier for me to deal with a disappointing year next year with a QB not named Alex Smith than it would be to deal with another disappointing year with Alex Smith at QB. That might not be a very good way of looking at things, but it's just the truth... for me anyways.

Comment

• Originally posted by farfromforgotten View Post
            I think the "reality" to most 49er fans is that they are finally tired of putting up with Alex Smith as our starting QB. You can throw all the "well he's really NOT that bad of a starting QB with those average numbers" and "there's really not any better options out there for next year" all you want, but most of us are ready for a change. No matter who it is, rookie or veteran.

It would be easier for me to deal with a disappointing year next year with a QB not named Alex Smith than it would be to deal with another disappointing year with Alex Smith at QB. That might not be a very good way of looking at things, but it's just the truth... for me anyways.
            I think that's the biggest issue right there. Because it proves you don't dislike him as a player, you just flat out dislike the guy.

If two quarterbacks play average, and one's named Alex Smith and the other's not, and you choose the other, on name alone - that's pathetic.

The majority here who aren't looking to hang Alex are ready for a change just like you - but not change just for the sake of it.

Rookie? I'm on board - i've stated my interest in Cam Newton depending on the board, but why not keep Alex as a stop gap, unless you're into the whole 'throw the rookie to the wolves and see if he comes out alive' theory.

Veteran? At what price? Paying picks for Kolb, when he hasn't proven anything is crazy to me. Flynn? One game! Palmer? Too expensive and unlikely to be traded anyway.

Change? Yes. Rookie? Yeah, for sure - if not at 7, then 2nd or 3rd. Expecting a rookie to come in and start day one? I'm not so sure.
            Originally posted by Babylon
            It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

• Originally posted by king2am View Post
              I think that's the biggest issue right there. Because it proves you don't dislike him as a player, you just flat out dislike the guy.

If two quarterbacks play average, and one's named Alex Smith and the other's not, and you choose the other, on name alone - that's pathetic.

The majority here who aren't looking to hang Alex are ready for a change just like you - but not change just for the sake of it.

Rookie? I'm on board - i've stated my interest in Cam Newton depending on the board, but why not keep Alex as a stop gap, unless you're into the whole 'throw the rookie to the wolves and see if he comes out alive' theory.

Veteran? At what price? Paying picks for Kolb, when he hasn't proven anything is crazy to me. Flynn? One game! Palmer? Too expensive and unlikely to be traded anyway.

Change? Yes. Rookie? Yeah, for sure - if not at 7, then 2nd or 3rd. Expecting a rookie to come in and start day one? I'm not so sure.
              Well Alex Smith has already had his chance, so it would make sense to give someone else a chance

On another topic, Jeff Maehl had the best 3 cone drill in 5 years. I would love it if they drafted him in like the 5-6th round. He could probably be a solid slot wr

Comment

Is that you Mike Dingletary? I'm not buying it. Alex was more of a leader at Utah than Locker ever has been or will be. Leadership and confidence comes from a variety ofsources, mainly success and stability.. neither of which have applied to the 49ers.
                When has Alex ever displayed leadership in his life? He has a blank stare on his face all game and its like he's trying to count how many blades of grass are on the field with how often he's looking down. Its pathetic.

Locker is a McNabb clone to me. Neither were very accurate in college. Similar confidence and intangibles. Similar size and athleticism. Similar arm strength and inconsistent accuracy. McNabb is a career 59% passer and Locker likely is in that range. But McNabb has won a lot of games. Ill take a 10 year run like the Eagles had in a heartbeat. Hopefully with a little luck come out of it with a ring.

Comment

• Another Alex Smith debate/conversation/argument??? UGH.

Comment

• Quinn was disappointing. 3 cone in 7.13 ugh. He's either lazy and out of shape or not the athlete i thought. Miller is good as gone. I hope Peterson pulls a hammy so he can slip or else picking 7th will suck. Why did we have to beat Arizona we could be sitting pretty at 5. QB might end up the best way to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Milk Man View Post
                      Quinn was disappointing. 3 cone in 7.13 ugh. He's either lazy and out of shape or not the athlete i thought. Miller is good as gone. I hope Peterson pulls a hammy so he can slip or else picking 7th will suck. Why did we have to beat Arizona we could be sitting pretty at 5. QB might end up the best way to go.
                      Bowers, Dareus, Fairly, Miller, and Green are all locks to go before us I think.

Plus I believe at least one, if not two teams will go QB - Peterson definitely has a chance to be there for us, and i'm praying he is.
                      Originally posted by Babylon
                      It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

• Originally posted by Milk Man View Post
                        Ill take a 10 year run like the Eagles had in a heartbeat. Hopefully with a little luck come out of it with a ring.
                        The Eagles were very good, McNabb was good. McNabb and the offense were the weaker link.

2000-2009
                        The defense allow 17.02 points a game

In 2009 we gave up 17.6

That was a great year and is still a tiny worse than a decade of PHI.

And that 2009 is thrown off a bit with the 2 games vs the HORRIBLE Rams.
                        Take out the Rams are it was 19.6

Comment

• Originally posted by king2am View Post
                          Bowers, Dareus, Fairly, Miller, and Green are all locks to go before us I think.

Plus I believe at least one, if not two teams will go QB - Peterson definitely has a chance to be there for us, and i'm praying he is.
                          Patrick Peterson or Von Miller has a hopeful chance to fall to us, if they are both gone personally i wanna trade down now after watching Quinn. But maybe amukamara.
                          San Francisco 49ers: 5 Super Bowls
                          Auburn Tigers: 2 National Championships

Comment

• Originally posted by txparkes49x View Post
                            Patrick Peterson or Von Miller has a hopeful chance to fall to us, if they are both gone personally i wanna trade down now after watching Quinn. But maybe amukamara.
                            I would be shocked if Amukamara wasn't there at 7.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

This is brutally false, and there are stats to back it up.

but you won't look them up naysayer.

That wasn't the point. The point was that Smith was lauded in his draft as a mobile QB but is now ******* awful & isn't worth keeping. The fact that the team might be stuck with him for another yr. sticks in anyone's craw who's watched Smith at all & the whole offense wallow in misery these past few painful yrs.

Peterson>Miller>Amakumara. But now all the pundits are back to talking about Peterson like he's a once in a generation player who's #1 overall material.....

Comment

• OK, lets end the Alex Smith talks until after FA begins, whenever it is...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information