This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by farfromforgotten View Post
    I think the "reality" to most 49er fans anyways.
    ...and most 9er fans are what? Exactly. They are dumb as sh**

Comment

• Soooo Prince Amukamara just blazed a 4.37, unofficial - not a bad consolation prize at all
      Originally posted by Babylon
      It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

• Originally posted by king2am View Post
        Soooo Prince Amukamara just blazed a 4.37, unofficial - not a bad consolation prize at all
        Thank GOD!!! I was concerned. Now the thought of not getting Peterson or Miller isn't quite as scary.

Comment

• Originally posted by phlysac View Post
          Thank GOD!!! I was concerned. Now the thought of not getting Peterson or Miller isn't quite as scary.
          I know - and he looked JACKED too.

Ras I-Dowling just ran a 4.40 unofficial, which is probably too fast to have him slip to the third.

Comment

I know - and he looked JACKED too.

Ras I-Dowling just ran a 4.40 unofficial, which is probably too fast to have him slip to the third.
            Still like Dowling better at Safety

Comment

Still like Dowling better at Safety
              Probably his better fit - I just think, when healthy he's a baller on the back end.

Tweaked his hammy during that 4.40, so his injury concerns will continue to swirl around this kid. So maybe he does drop a bit on draft day.

Comment

I think that's the biggest issue right there. Because it proves you don't dislike him as a player, you just flat out dislike the guy.

If two quarterbacks play average, and one's named Alex Smith and the other's not, and you choose the other, on name alone - that's pathetic.
                Couldnt be any further from the truth. I have NO problems with Alex Smith the man. I dont know him other than what he is on a football field. Dont put words into my mouth. Thanks.

My main point was this. I know what to expect from Alex Smith at this point in his NFL career... and that doesnt excite me. I would rather give a younger guy a chance to show what he has. Be that Kolb or Flynn or who the f*** ever. Or even a rookie. Yes I would prefer to throw a rookie in there next year rather than see Smith start for us again.

Definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Thats what I feel like we get by sticking with Alex Smith as our starter for another season.

Comment

• Originally posted by binary View Post
                  ...and most 9er fans are what? Exactly. They are dumb as sh**
                  Not sure what about my post led to this?

Comment

Not sure what about my post led to this?
                    I'll put my words into his mouth...

You mentioned "49ers fans" and as he had mentioned .com he's probably disheartened by many of the "fans" reactionary, impulsive, and irrational thoughts on many aspects of the team. I wouldn't call 49ers fans "stupid" because I am one of them and I know many VERY intelligent fans of the team (some on this board) but I get tired of the negativity as well. You can be concerned for the team and its well-being without constantly bad-mouthing them. In fact, I don't know how you can still be considered a fan of the team if the majority of your thoughts on them are bashing them.

"you" and "your" used as a generalization. I'm not speaking of yourself, farfrom.

Comment

• I love the 49ers. I dont believe that I ever bad mouth the team. I've always said that I would prefer that Alex Smith would turn into our Franchise QB but I just dont see that happening anymore. I havent seen that in the past couple of years actually and I automatically get thrown into the "you just hate Alex Smith or the 49ers" group. Thats BS.

And when I mentioned that I could handle another disappointing year with a QB not named Alex Smith than I could with him... I should have explained further what I meant. If we have another disappointing season with Alex and he puts up so-so numbers, what do we gain? Nothing. If we give another young QB or rookie a shot and they put up so-so numbers and we have another disappointing season then I feel like atleast that QB gained starting NFL experience and that that QB will be able to grow and learn from it and we'll be better off in the long run.

Anyways, I'll drop the Alex Smith talk now. Just please dont say that I just "hate" the guy because I want to see a different starting QB for us next year. I feel that change is needed for US and for HIM at this point.

Comment

I love the 49ers. I dont believe that I ever bad mouth the team. I've always said that I would prefer that Alex Smith would turn into our Franchise QB but I just dont see that happening anymore. I havent seen that in the past couple of years actually and I automatically get thrown into the "you just hate Alex Smith or the 49ers" group. Thats BS.

And when I mentioned that I could handle another disappointing year with a QB not named Alex Smith than I could with him... I should have explained further what I meant. If we have another disappointing season with Alex and he puts up so-so numbers, what do we gain? Nothing. If we give another young QB or rookie a shot and they put up so-so numbers and we have another disappointing season then I feel like atleast that QB gained starting NFL experience and that that QB will be able to grow and learn from it and we'll be better off in the long run.

Anyways, I'll drop the Alex Smith talk now. Just please dont say that I just "hate" the guy because I want to see a different starting QB for us next year. I feel that change is needed for US and for HIM at this point.
                        I get what you're saying but I'll give the Devil's Advocate side that I think binary is on. I know I reside there a bunch...

You'd prefer the team to struggle with a new QB than struggle with Alex Smith. I get that. 100%. But you should consider this alternative because it's not terribly far-fetched...

I'd prefer the team winning the division and making the playoffs with Alex Smith than struggling with a new QB.

I realize the opposite is also possible.

Comment

• This all started b/c people were saying Jake Locker was superior out of college than Alex at things besides arm strength and athleticism, which is just smh ridiculous. Those over-simplified, reactionary observations are exactly the things that bring people to boards like this and away from the massive ones. I just can't take any fan analysis of Alex seriously now that Harbaugh is the coach; I'll let Harbaugh be the judge of that position, and I will continue to scoff at imbecilic fans that think they know more about Alex than Harbaugh b/c "omg it's been 6 yeeeears!!!" This is my last Alex post until the draft.

man this draft is loaded in the top 10, and exactly at positions of need (aside from QB) we are gonna be fine.

Comment

I get what you're saying but I'll give the Devil's Advocate side that I think binary is on. I know I reside there a bunch...

You'd prefer the team to struggle with a new QB than struggle with Alex Smith. I get that. 100%. But you should consider this alternative because it's not terribly far-fetched...

I'd prefer the team winning the division and making the playoffs with Alex Smith than struggling with a new QB.

I realize the opposite is also possible.
                            If Harbaugh wants Alex Smith to be the QB, let him be the QB; any fan that thinks they know more about the situation is clearly full of it. I've watched enough 49er football to know the effect of good offensive coaching, and I know Alex has had none.

Looking at next year's opponents, this team is probably going to struggle again no matter who we have at QB...so in a sense I get what most fans are thinking, they'd rather see the team struggle with someone other than Alex. But to ask a brand new coach to even think about taking that into consideration? Not realistic. That's where I stand. That's my last Alex Smith post.
                            Last edited by binary; 03-01-2011, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Couldnt be any further from the truth. I have NO problems with Alex Smith the man. I dont know him other than what he is on a football field. Dont put words into my mouth. Thanks.

My main point was this. I know what to expect from Alex Smith at this point in his NFL career... and that doesnt excite me. I would rather give a younger guy a chance to show what he has. Be that Kolb or Flynn or who the f*** ever. Or even a rookie. Yes I would prefer to throw a rookie in there next year rather than see Smith start for us again.

Definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Thats what I feel like we get by sticking with Alex Smith as our starter for another season.
                              That's great. Kolb, Flynn, Rookie, whatever but if you're ok with the same results from them, that you get from Alex which is what you said by saying something along the lines of...

"i'd rather get bad play from a diff qb than bad play from Alex"

I interpret that as something personal against Alex. If you had said, "i'd rather give someone else a chance then have another disspointing year from Alex" - that's different, that implies you believe anyone would play better than him, which is completely different issue. But you didn't - you said same result, different player would be good with you.

Comment

I love the 49ers. I dont believe that I ever bad mouth the team. I've always said that I would prefer that Alex Smith would turn into our Franchise QB but I just dont see that happening anymore. I havent seen that in the past couple of years actually and I automatically get thrown into the "you just hate Alex Smith or the 49ers" group. Thats BS.

Ok - that is different than what was said before, thank you for the clarification. You can disregard my post above this, didn't see it in time.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information