Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prince was awesome today. With Clements likely to get released soon (he could still come back) I think Prince is the most logical pick at 7. Get Reed or Acho in the 2nd. Dalton or Stanzi in the 3rd. That would be a very solid draft IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
      I would be shocked if Amukamara wasn't there at 7.
      I agree but i just meant pick Amukamara or trade down. Before Amukamaras pro day i was skeptical, now i redo that statement. AND i say we do pick him at 7. After seeing his combine.
      San Francisco 49ers: 5 Super Bowls
      Auburn Tigers: 2 National Championships

Comment

• if Peterson and Miller are gone, it has to come down to Quinn and Prince.

of course, there is always the off chance that there is an unexpected slide by someone.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• God dam APril needs to like get here stat already.I was impressed with all the CB backs from today's work out.I wouldn't mind any of them or Miller or Quinn with out 7 pick.IF all those four are gone like the rest of you are saying I say heck with it we either trade down if possible and draft a QB or Daraues he could possible play DE .

Comment

• Originally posted by king2am View Post
            Ok - that is different than what was said before, thank you for the clarification. You can disregard my post above this, didn't see it in time.
            No problem king.

I leave this Saturday for Serbia, will be gone all of March. See you guys in April.

Go Niners!

Comment

if Peterson and Miller are gone, it has to come down to Quinn and Prince.

of course, there is always the off chance that there is an unexpected slide by someone.
              Looking like that guy might be Fairley. I don't see SF picking him but if you told me back in Dec. that the 49ers would be choosing between Quinn, Prince, and, Fairley I would be ecstatic.

Comment

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
                Looking like that guy might be Fairley. I don't see SF picking him but if you told me back in Dec. that the 49ers would be choosing between Quinn, Prince, and, Fairley I would be ecstatic.
                Now fairley.. thats a pick id like to see happen haha. but imo if both DBs are gone trade down and try to get Kerrigan or a good pass rusher and get picks. But Dareus, Fairley, and Quinn are all choices too FA needs to happen first too

Comment

• I don't know if Fairley would work in a 3-4.

Comment

• 9ers now should get Jason Taylor,Any one ? Hes in FA now.I think he would be a fit for us and we wouldn't have to draft a LB.

Comment

• MaioccoCSN 49ers place RFA tenders on OLB Manny Lawson, S Dashon Goldson and DE Ray McDonald, according to sources. Awaiting official word from 49ers.
                      49ers look to be just covering their bases. It is likely both Goldson and Lawson will become UFA under the new CBA.

Comment

• Originally posted by 49erNation85 View Post
                        9ers now should get Jason Taylor,Any one ? Hes in FA now.I think he would be a fit for us and we wouldn't have to draft a LB.
                        Dan would love that, too bad the dude is like nearing 40.

Comment

• I wanted Taylor years ago when he left MIA the first time. He was awesome. Now, he's just a role player at OLB in a 3-4 and we already have two in Haralson and Brooks. LOL. No point in adding a third.

And like Brent stated, Lawson, Goldson and McDonald were tendered as if they're RFA's. It depends on the new CBA though.

Personally, they should eliminate RFA's completely and set it up at five years instead of four or six and set up the draft to where every draft pick has to be signed to a five year deal. That way, once that player's rookie contract expires, he becomes an UFA no matter what and can only be retained via the Franchise tag or re-signed.

As for players who get released or undrafted players, I would have it set up to where they become UFA's as if their contract expires. So, if you sign an UDFA to a two year deal but release him after one season, he becomes an UFA and can sign with any team. Basically, I would eliminate all this other mumbo jumbo and keep it simple and straight forward.

I would have the franchise tag return but not the transition tag. If anything, maybe even add two franchise tags. One for offense and kickers and one for defense and punters. Just a thought though.

Comment

I don't know if Fairley would work in a 3-4.
                            Well Fairley is a selfish pick for me but i mean if he fell to us and PP was gonewhy not try at 3-4 DE?

Comment

• Originally posted by txparkes49x View Post
                              Well Fairley is a selfish pick for me but i mean if he fell to us and PP was gonewhy not try at 3-4 DE?
                              Because we tried that three years ago with Balmer and how did that work out for us? I would not use our 7th overall draft pick on a 3-4 DE who's job is to engulf and contain the OL so the LB core can make plays. Not worth it in my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                                Because we tried that three years ago with Balmer and how did that work out for us? I would not use our 7th overall draft pick on a 3-4 DE who's job is to engulf and contain the OL so the LB core can make plays. Not worth it in my opinion.
                                I don't think that's the best explanation though - Plenty are talking of JJ Watt being a top 10 pick, and Cameron Jordan will certainly be in that discussion, Marcell Dareus as well is a blue chipper and is projected as a 34 defense end.

Also, I use to think Fairly could play 34 end, and he probably can but I don't know if he's the best fit. However, he would be very similar to Justin Smith, bigger bodied guy with a high motor - he could certainly do it.

But the way this draft is shaping up we probably won't need to worry about it. I imagine our front office will have both corners (peterson,amukamara) and probably a quarterback ranked higher than Fairly.

Example: I wouldn't be stunned if it lined up as,

Peterson
                                Miller
                                Gabbert
                                Amukamara
                                Quinn
                                Dareus/Fairly

But with our needs being a cover guy, a pass rusher, and a quarterback - with a top tier guy at every position to almost certainly be available, I don't see us going for Fairly.
                                Originally posted by Babylon
                                It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information