Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

San Francisco 49ers Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
    1. Everette Brown, OLB Fla State.
    2. Phil Loadholdt, OT Oklahoma
    3. Patrick Chung, FS Oregon

    How's that?
    Chung's a strong safety. We need a coverage FS. (I like Rashard Johnson, but I'm not sure he falls to the 3rd) I like Loadhoalt in the second, good value and a good RT prospect, but I'm not so high on an OLB pick in the 1st...

    Comment


    • Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
      1. Everette Brown, OLB Fla State.
      2. Phil Loadholdt, OT Oklahoma
      3. Patrick Chung, FS Oregon

      How's that?
      In that scenario, i'd replace Chung with Sean Smith from Utah.

      I know Scott has him at corner, but he could easily switch to Free.

      1. Everette Brown
      2. Phil Loadholt
      3. Sean Smith

      Ideally though, for me it would go:

      1. Michael Oher
      2. Rashad Johnson
      3. Ron Brace/Clay Mathews

      although if i had to miss out on Brace, and got Terrence Taylor as a consolation prize ( a round later ) i wouldn't be upset
      Last edited by king2am; 01-16-2009, 08:50 PM. Reason: clarification
      Originally posted by Babylon
      It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by king2am View Post
        3. Ron Brace/Clay Mathews
        He seems like such a Singletary guy because of his work ethic.

        Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Brent View Post
          He seems like such a Singletary guy because of his work ethic.
          Agreed, you can never have enough of them either.

          So I have a question for you gentlemen.

          Assuming we miss out on Oher in the first, and loadholt and Johnson are both gone by 10 in the second...

          If Herman Johnson is available, would any of you slide Rachal to RT, and plug Johnson in next to him?
          Originally posted by Babylon
          It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

          Comment


          • Good question i was thinking the same thing. But Chilo played really well towards the end of the year Im not sure i like the idea of moving him. How about taking Kropog instead. If he is gone, as much as this kills me to say, I would wait until round 3 for a T and take Smith or Delmas with the 2nd pick. Also I really doubt Brace lasts until the 3rd round.

            Comment


            • Also lets not forget that the Niners have something in the neighborhood of $20mil to spend on Free Agents. Im sure they will have one or two of these holes filled by then.
              Last edited by woodyx02; 01-16-2009, 10:24 PM.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by king2am View Post
                Agreed, you can never have enough of them either.

                So I have a question for you gentlemen.

                Assuming we miss out on Oher in the first, and loadholt and Johnson are both gone by 10 in the second...

                If Herman Johnson is available, would any of you slide Rachal to RT, and plug Johnson in next to him?
                Chilo is going to be a pro bowl guard I don't wanna mess with that. Loadholt will be there.
                Originally posted by 49erNation85
                I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

                Comment


                • I say leave chilo at RG at try to get loadholt or alex boone to put next to him.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by will99890 View Post
                    I say leave chilo at RG at try to get loadholt or alex boone to put next to him.
                    Chilo needs to be moved to the left and Baas to the right those are the more natural fits for both of them. Either of those guys at RT I would be fine with.
                    Originally posted by 49erNation85
                    I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by king2am View Post
                      If Herman Johnson is available, would any of you slide Rachal to RT, and plug Johnson in next to him?
                      No I like keeping Rachal at RG, his ability to pull will be crucial to our running game. Plus, his size and long arms give him the potential to be better at passblocking. Our interior passpro has been the pits in the past couple of years.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by woodyx02
                        Also lets not forget that the Niners have something in the neighborhood of $20mil to spend on Free Agents. Im sure they will have one or two of these holes filled by then.
                        49ers will have to sign at least one starting player because every team is required to hit the minimum spending amount.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                          49ers will have to sign at least one starting player because every team is required to hit the minimum spending amount.
                          I was looking at the list of free agents and its kinda sad. Other then the obvious top 10 guys that will most likely get re-signed or get a huge pay day who on here exites anyone?

                          http://www.ourlads.com/2009fa.cfm

                          Comment


                          • there is noody worth signing w/ that kind o money unless it's terrell suggs.
                            my draft would be:
                            1. arron curry - olb
                            2. max unger - c/g/t
                            3. larry english - de
                            4. donld brown - rb
                            5. david bruton - s
                            6. nathan brown - qb
                            7. brian hartline - wr

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by chapo123 View Post
                              there is noody worth signing w/ that kind o money unless it's terrell suggs.
                              Maybe Nnamdi Asomugha.




                              2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by chapo123 View Post
                                there is noody worth signing w/ that kind o money unless it's terrell suggs.
                                my draft would be:
                                1. arron curry - olb
                                2. max unger - c/g/t
                                3. larry english - de
                                4. donld brown - rb
                                5. david bruton - s
                                6. nathan brown - qb
                                7. brian hartline - wr
                                I would only take Curry IF Smith, Monroe, Oher, Raji, Brown and Jenkins are gone. Dont see English lasting that long and even if he does safety cant be ignored until the 5th.

                                As for Suggs, of course Id love it, anyone would but so would 31 other teams. If it happens Ill jump for joy but im not counting on it.
                                Last edited by woodyx02; 01-17-2009, 10:13 AM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information