This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shahin View Post
    That rusty ex-convict probably outplayed 90% of the league. What Vick did this year was amazing.
    Yeah, he did until the playoffs which pretty much eliminates what he did in the regular season. After all, no one remembers the regular season, thay only remember his game ending INT. LOL.

And I guarantee that in 2011, he'll decline because teams will have an entire off-season to watch film of him. Unless, of course there's a lockout but I dont see that happening.

Comment

• Originally posted by nikkayeah View Post
      if we draft marcell dareus, i think he could play nt for us, since we will have a 1-gap scheme.
      Has this been confirmed? Did Fangio say that? I was wondering if Soap could move into the NT if they were playing more of a 2-gap system...

I wonder how Justin would play in such a system though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Milk Man View Post
        Why would you rank CB a bigger need then QB or OLB? Not only are they more premium positions, but at least Clements and Spencer are somewhat serviceable. We obviously need to upgrade but those two are way better at their job then Carr, Brooks or Haralson. There's a decent chance we take a CB in the 1st, but its not the biggest need.
        Well, Corner and Quarterback are probably on par with eachother- but, just for fun... Yes, I know we only have David Carr, but I don't see anyone rushing out to sign Alex - I think he'll come back.

Even if he doesn't, Harbaugh will almost certainly not go into the season with 'Rookie/Rookie/Carr' on the depth chart, he'll add another veteran - and I think he can get the most out of whoever is under center.

Corner to me, is more important than outside linebacker at this point because of the style of defense that Fangio will want to run. If his dream scenario is anything close to what Capers is running in Green Bay, sure he'll want a Clay Matthews, but he'll NEED a Charles Woodson. The only reason they can get away with that kind of pressure is because they have lock down cover guys - slightly different style, but NYJ is another example.

Someone like Patrick Peterson/Prince Amukamara buys your rushers another second - you could also argue someone like Von Miller takes a second off of pass coverage. But with an aggressive 34 defensive coordinator, you can manufacture a pass rush - sending more folks than they can block -instead of leaning on a Demarcs Ware type freak.

Also, what probably effects my rankings the most is the way I feel like we'll approach the draft. I don't get the sense that Harbaugh is in panic mode about the quarterback situation (has a strong feeling we'll get Alex back? already knows the quarterback he wants to target and will do whatever it takes to get him?). There also happens to be two absolute studs at corner, and i've already explained why I feel it's higher up than outside linebacker.
        Originally posted by Babylon
        It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

• Originally posted by king2am View Post
          Well, Corner and Quarterback are probably on par with eachother- but, just for fun... Yes, I know we only have David Carr, but I don't see anyone rushing out to sign Alex - I think he'll come back.

Even if he doesn't, Harbaugh will almost certainly not go into the season with 'Rookie/Rookie/Carr' on the depth chart, he'll add another veteran - and I think he can get the most out of whoever is under center.

Corner to me, is more important than outside linebacker at this point because of the style of defense that Fangio will want to run. If his dream scenario is anything close to what Capers is running in Green Bay, sure he'll want a Clay Matthews, but he'll NEED a Charles Woodson. The only reason they can get away with that kind of pressure is because they have lock down cover guys - slightly different style, but NYJ is another example.

Someone like Patrick Peterson/Prince Amukamara buys your rushers another second - you could also argue someone like Von Miller takes a second off of pass coverage. But with an aggressive 34 defensive coordinator, you can manufacture a pass rush - sending more folks than they can block -instead of leaning on a Demarcs Ware type freak.

Also, what probably effects my rankings the most is the way I feel like we'll approach the draft. I don't get the sense that Harbaugh is in panic mode about the quarterback situation (has a strong feeling we'll get Alex back? already knows the quarterback he wants to target and will do whatever it takes to get him?). There also happens to be two absolute studs at corner, and i've already explained why I feel it's higher up than outside linebacker.
          That's an interesting take on it. It can go both ways though. Pittsburgh is aggressive too and haven't had a lockdown corner since Rod Woodson. They rely more on their LBs. Though they do have Polamalu who has a great affect on the game.

You can probably get away with one and not the other with a good scheme. But you do need one. Either a Matthews/Harrison who can be unblockable, or a Revis/Woodson who can take away half the field as they say. Ideally you have good players at both.

Generally I think OLB has a bigger impact on the game though. They're more important vs the run. Its easier to avoid an elite CB by throwing away from him. Can't really avoid a pass rusher. All you can do is try to double team him. Peterson is the best player in the draft so it would be dumb to pass on him for anyone. I like Prince, but it would be hard to take him over Miller should he be there. I would take him over Quinn though.

Comment

• Originally posted by hawkeye123 View Post
            There's almost no chance Luck doesn't come out next year.

He came back this year to finish up his degree.

Also, he will be the #1 pick in the 2012 draft, unless he has a meltdown of a season like Locker....But I find that very unlikely as Luck is loads better then Locker.
            Yeah. I think the biggest reason he came back was to get his Degree and he said he would have it by Spring of 2012. So this time next year he will be done with School and should be going through the 2012 NFL Draft process. I am 100000000% Sure he will come out next Year for the 2012 NFL Draft.

Comment

• Originally posted by Milk Man View Post
              That's an interesting take on it. It can go both ways though. Pittsburgh is aggressive too and haven't had a lockdown corner since Rod Woodson. They rely more on their LBs. Though they do have Polamalu who has a great affect on the game.

You can probably get away with one and not the other with a good scheme. But you do need one. Either a Matthews/Harrison who can be unblockable, or a Revis/Woodson who can take away half the field as they say. Ideally you have good players at both.

Generally I think OLB has a bigger impact on the game though. They're more important vs the run. Its easier to avoid an elite CB by throwing away from him. Can't really avoid a pass rusher. All you can do is try to double team him. Peterson is the best player in the draft so it would be dumb to pass on him for anyone. I like Prince, but it would be hard to take him over Miller should he be there. I would take him over Quinn though.
              Pittsburgh not only has 2 dominant pass rushers at the OLB position, but they have Polamalu as well, which is another elite playmaker that can help them compensate for not having great CBs.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
              Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Dave Razzano's take on Von Miller:

"He's got some Vernon Gholston in him," Razzano said, referring to the sixth overall pick of the New York Jets in 2008. Gholston failed to record a sack in 42 games and was released this offseason.

"I'm not a big Von Miller fan," Razzano said. "In looking at Big-12 tape, he does not have a motor. He doesn't chase hard. They run at him, and he doesn't fight off blockers. When he gets sacks, a lot of times he's not getting blocked. He's a one-move guy."
                I haven't seen nearly enough film on Miller to agree or disagree with his analysis.

Thoughts?

Comment

• Originally posted by hawkeye123 View Post
                  Dave Razzano's take on Von Miller:

I haven't seen nearly enough film on Miller to agree or disagree with his analysis.

Thoughts?
                  I cant agree or disagree since I have barely seen any highlights of him but one thing is for sure - if Razzano's accurate and we draft Miller, we could have Lawson part two which if thats the case, mine as well just re-sign Lawson and draft someone else.

Comment

• Razzano can shove it. I have to disagree.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                      Razzano can shove it. I have to disagree.
                      I don't believe Miller is a one-trick pony, workout warrior like Gholston was, but his size does concern me a little for the 3/4. He's been adding weight lately and seems to still be very explosive.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                      Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                        Just read an article on PFT that says three teams are interested in Eagles QB Kevin Kolb. The source is Adam Schefter and while he doesnt actually mention the three teams, he does mention the NFC West excluding the Rams. Hopefully, its just one of those rumors flying around that never gets off the ground because I have no interest in Kolb whatsoever.
                        We will see. I hope SF offers up 2 2nd round picks for Kolb but the rumor is that Seattle could offer up their first for Kolb and rotoworld said they could see the Cardinals offering up their first. Outside of the draft Kolb is my number 1 target and if the 49ers land Kolb I would be ecstatic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                          Razzano can shove it. I have to disagree.
                          Agree he has always come across as a guy with a giant ego. Here is Maiocco's write up on him a few months ago:
                          http://www.csnbayarea.com/07/05/10/S...01&feedID=5936

Two quotes that jump out at me:

Here's one other Razzano opinion: He believes 49ers coach Mike Singletary is the right man for the job. He lauds Singletary's abilities as a leader, and views him as an outstanding head coach.
                          (On Nate Davis)
                          "When I evaluated him, I thought he was the same guy as Mark Sanchez," Razzano said. "I thought they were very similar. But you have to put a guy on the field and let him play. There's a reason Ball State was, like, 12-1 or 13-1 for the first time ever. And now they're back to winning two games. That guy was a heck of a quarterback.

I'll give him credit he was right about Alex Smith and that the divison would come down to Seattle and St.Louis but I just don't like the way the guy comes across. I can see why he is out of a job.

Comment

• Singletary sucked just like Nolan did. The only positive I give Singletary is that him yelling, screaming and sending Davis back to the locker room years ago made Davis turn the corner and become one hell of a TE and offensive weapon. Other than that, I give him the same as Nolan and Erickson - NOTHING.

Comment

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
                              We will see. I hope SF offers up 2 2nd round picks for Kolb but the rumor is that Seattle could offer up their first for Kolb and rotoworld said they could see the Cardinals offering up their first. Outside of the draft Kolb is my number 1 target and if the 49ers land Kolb I would be ecstatic.
                              TWO second round draft picks??? Are you serious? I dont even like or want the guy and wouldnt trade anything higher than a 3rd for him since I dont think he's even worth that. He also has a history of concussions plus the last time we traded for a player from Philly, we got screwed to say the least.

I could see SEA trade their first rounder for him since they traded a lot a year ago for Whitehurst but I cant see ARZ doing that. No way in hell is Kolb worth a first round draft pick let alone the 5th overall draft pick. That would be insane.

Personally, if it was up to me, I would trade Fitzgerald which would give me one hell of a trade package in return, re-sign Breaston, draft Green at 5 if he's there and then use the other first round draft pick that they would most likely acquire from the team that trades for Fitzgerald on a QB that slides in the first round. The reason why I do this is because Fitzgerald cant be franchised when he becomes an UFA next year and if he's still looking for $10m or more a season, I say time to rebuild which they need to do anyway.

One thing is for sure, whether ARZ keeps Fitz or not, I would be shocked if they trade their 5th overall draft pick to PHI for Kolb. Of course, I would much rather see ARZ or SEA trade away their draft picks instead of us. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
                                Id rather draft Gabbert or Newton then trade for Kolb.
                                San Francisco 49ers: 5 Super Bowls
                                Auburn Tigers: 2 National Championships

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information