Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bleh. It makes sense but I don't like to hear about a possible future Niner that wishes he was a Cowboy. We already have Crabs on the team.

Von Miller hopes to be a Cowboy, hasn't heard from them: http://wp.me/p14QSB-udI

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
    Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
      We will see. I hope SF offers up 2 2nd round picks for Kolb but the rumor is that Seattle could offer up their first for Kolb and rotoworld said they could see the Cardinals offering up their first. Outside of the draft Kolb is my number 1 target and if the 49ers land Kolb I would be ecstatic.
      Posted this on the Newton/Gabbert discussion thread, Zona & the Bidwells are most definitely interested in Gabbert. Both the elder & jr. Bidwell family members are going to attend his Pro Day at Columbia, MO next wk:

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...next-week.html

He didnt throw at the Combine & is betting his whole pro future on a successful Pro Day.

Comment

• I don't see Zona taking a QB in the first.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Arizona is going to suck long and hard if they don't get a quarterback. The problem for them the same as the Niners have this draft. Outside of Gabbert, everyone has huge question marks. They could very well go for the lesser risk and take one in the second just like many Niner fans are thinking.

If Carolina passes on Gabbert watch a team jump into the two or three slot to get ahead of the Bengals and Cards to grab Gabbert. The Niners could be one of those teams if Harbaugh decides he has what he needs in a quarterback.

Arizona could also be waiting to suck even more and take Barkley or Luck next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rabscuttle View Post
            Outside of Gabbert, everyone has huge question marks.
            What? Gabbert has huge questions, too.

Comment

• Quote:
              Originally Posted by Rabscuttle
              Outside of Gabbert, everyone has huge question marks.
              Yes he does. He hasnt thrown yet & is a "system" college QB.

Comment

• I would not take a QB until the 2ND at the Earliest. What I would do it make your Defense really good by taking more Defensive players and wait on a QB until 2012.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                  His questions would seem to be the least of the group of four by a pretty good margin. I'm not sold on him by any means, but the other guys seem like a pretty big gamble for the red flags going off around them.

Locker is at least a guy that comes across as someone you would want to represent your team. But at seven do you want a guy that has bad pocket presence and accuracy that may or may not come around? I think he may be able to learn to read the whole field if he first learns to keep his head downfield.

The other two I wouldn't even consider for a west coast type offense.

Comment

• Lamo at Sea and AZ wanting to trade a first round pick for Kolb what a freaking waste!
                    Rabscuttle, what do you mean other QB have ? marks besides Gabbert he does too even more so coming from a spread system.Have we seen this guy take snaps from under center,no I think not how well is gonna do there?The only QB I would take in the top ten is LOCKER or we can trade to either 12 or 11 if all our BPA are gone and then grab him is worst case scenario.If the darn media wasn't all up on Gabbert's butt crack they would see it too and drop to like 3rd or even 4th best rated QB.I got mine top 5 rated QB's list is below comment as you wish.But I still like us to grab a QB in round two. three as stated by JH him self unless it is a media smoke screen.

1) Locker
                    2) Mallet
                    3) Newton
                    4) Gabbert
                    5) Ponder

Comment

• Originally posted by 49erNation85 View Post
                      Lamo at Sea and AZ wanting to trade a first round pick for Kolb what a freaking waste!
                      Rabscuttle, what do you mean other QB have ? marks besides Gabbert he does too even more so coming from a spread system.Have we seen this guy take snaps from under center,no I think not how well is gonna do there?The only QB I would take in the top ten is LOCKER or we can trade to either 12 or 11 if all our BPA are gone and then grab him is worst case scenario.If the darn media wasn't all up on Gabbert's butt crack they would see it too and drop to like 3rd or even 4th best rated QB.I got mine top 5 rated QB's list is below comment as you wish.But I still like us to grab a QB in round two. three as stated by JH him self unless it is a media smoke screen.

1) Locker
                      2) Mallet
                      3) Newton
                      4) Gabbert
                      5) Ponder
                      I concur, so I though it was worth quoting

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                        Posted this on the Newton/Gabbert discussion thread, Zona & the Bidwells are most definitely interested in Gabbert. Both the elder & jr. Bidwell family members are going to attend his Pro Day at Columbia, MO next wk:

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...next-week.html

He didnt throw at the Combine & is betting his whole pro future on a successful Pro Day.
                        Gabbert's workout is probably going to draw everybody out. The good thing heading into the draft is if Harabaugh figures Gabbert is the pick SF has plenty of Ammo to move up.

On NFLN Mike Lombardi thinks that once SF makes their pick in round 1 that the 49ers should offer their 2nd round pick for Carson Palmer. Lombardi said it is a hypothetical idea but he does have some ties to Harabaugh.
                        Last edited by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?; 03-11-2011, 02:45 AM.

Comment

• Thought this was a great write up by Eric Branch on Crabtree.
                          http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2011/...atch-on-later/

Comment

• On NFLN Mike Lombardi thinks that once SF makes their pick in round 1 that the 49ers should offer their 2nd round pick for Carson Palmer. Lombardi said it is a hypothetical idea but he does have some ties to Harabaugh.
                            I about ******* fell off my dam seat when I heard that this mooring.I think that is the or would be the most idiotic move ever.Palmer is so not worth a second round pick when we already want a young QB!Lombardi is a dumb ass.And one who thinks Locker is worth a first round pick.I don't think it will ever happen even if our big board guys all gone by 7 heck I think think then we draft a QB.

Comment

• I live right on the Ohio River so I'm stuck watching just about every Bengals and Browns game on television so I get to watch a lot of Palmer. He's a mystery to me, I don't think he is actually as bad as he played last year but he certainly hasn't been the player he was in the past. He forced a lot of throws to TOcho last year and I think it would greatly benefit him to get away from those two idiots. I don't think it was a coincidence he played a lot better when they were sitting out, he just seemed more comfortable. That being said he's clearly not worth a 2nd round pick anymore.

On Lombardi, he has giant man crushes on two things: Bill Belichick and quarterbacks. He always wants teams to trade the house for a quarterback. Not that he's entirely wrong but trading too much away on a mistake is too costly. A couple years ago when we got Crabtree, he was advocating trading that pick for Matt Cassell before he got sent to the Chiefs.

Comment

• Harbaugh will be on location for Andy Dalton's pro day:
                                http://www.csnbayarea.com/03/11/11/H...82&feedID=5936

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information