This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 49erNation85 View Post
    I about ******* fell off my dam seat when I heard that this mooring.I think that is the or would be the most idiotic move ever.Palmer is so not worth a second round pick when we already want a young QB!Lombardi is a dumb ass.And one who thinks Locker is worth a first round pick.I don't think it will ever happen even if our big board guys all gone by 7 heck I think think then we draft a QB.
    Palmer for a second is better imo then drafting any of the QBs names that have tossed around, Ponder, Dalton, Kaepernick, or yes Locker. Palmer is at least good enough (with a good draft) to get us to the playoffs next year. I honestly think Palmer for a 2nd is fine. Id try and get another deal done instead of a second but worst comes to worst Id be very excited about that WAY more then Locker.
    San Francisco 49ers: 5 Super Bowls
    Auburn Tigers: 2 National Championships

Comment

• As I've said before,and I'll say it again.We should really just draft Locker at 7.I believe in JH coaches staff and him self he can mold Locker into our next great QB and then maybe pick up some one cheap or what ever for two years to get us winning right off if possible.I still wouldn't mind McNabb or maybe Orton even.Unless PP is there at 7 why get any one else besides Locker.Some say he isn't top ten talent?Then why even say Gabbert is that is just bull.We all know who the better QB is.At least we know Locker is coach able and his problems of footwork can be fixed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
        Harbaugh will be on location for Andy Dalton's pro day:
        http://www.csnbayarea.com/03/11/11/H...82&feedID=5936
        Thumbs up from me. Ponder looks likely to be gone well before our pick. Peterson in round 1 and Dalton in round 2 would make me a happy camper.

Comment

• Originally posted by 49erNation85 View Post
          As I've said before,and I'll say it again.We should really just draft Locker at 7.I believe in JH coaches staff and him self he can mold Locker into our next great QB and then maybe pick up some one cheap or what ever for two years to get us winning right off if possible.I still wouldn't mind McNabb or maybe Orton even.Unless PP is there at 7 why get any one else besides Locker.Some say he isn't top ten talent?Then why even say Gabbert is that is just bull.We all know who the better QB is.At least we know Locker is coach able and his problems of footwork can be fixed.
          This is ********.

Coachable? Two years, pro style offense and a coach that's suppose to get the most out of him - where was the improved footwork then? I guarantee Sarkisian didn't say "eh, don't worry about it" - it's something he's been working on and it's still not what you would want from a two year starter in a pro style offense.

Just go ahead and draft Locker at 7 - what a ******* waste. What's the difference between Locker - Ponder - Dalton - Stanzi. Locker can run? Woooopeeee.

Locker is not a top ten talent. He isn't even the best in any of the QB categories - and since they all have concerns surrounding them, why take Locker?
          Originally posted by Babylon
          It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

• Originally posted by king2am View Post
            This is ********.

Coachable? Two years, pro style offense and a coach that's suppose to get the most out of him - where was the improved footwork then? I guarantee Sarkisian didn't say "eh, don't worry about it" - it's something he's been working on and it's still not what you would want from a two year starter in a pro style offense.

Just go ahead and draft Locker at 7 - what a ******* waste. What's the difference between Locker - Ponder - Dalton - Stanzi. Locker can run? Woooopeeee.

Locker is not a top ten talent. He isn't even the best in any of the QB categories - and since they all have concerns surrounding them, why take Locker?
            Agreed. they are plenty of defensive players ready to make an impact with no real worries. Miller, Peterson, Amukamara. Quinn and Dareus are possible too. But why waste a 7th pick on him thats just dumb. that stalls the defense as well as the offense.
            San Francisco 49ers: 5 Super Bowls
            Auburn Tigers: 2 National Championships

Comment

• http://www.csnbayarea.com/03/10/11/4...07&feedID=5936

Franklin looks like he is trying to get a big payday this offseason. What do you folks think they will do about it?

IMO they have a few options:
              1. Resign him
              2. Start Jean-Francois
              3. Start Sopo
              4. Draft a rookie to compete (Dareus, Taylor or Paea)
              5. Sign a cheaper option (Jamal Williams, Pat Williams, Ron Edwards, Kris Jenkins)
              6. Sign a younger option (Brandon Mebane, Alan Branch, Antonio Johnson

To me, this is one of the biggest pickles the team faces.

Comment

• good actually . Hes 31 years old for a DT so probably not much production is left in him. So either a FA will be picked and maybe first round draft pick too at DT depending on BPA at our number 7 pick.Dang there goes our chance at locker unless he slips into round 2.

Comment

• Originally posted by thediggler3030 View Post
                  What do you folks think they will do about it?

IMO they have a few options:
                  1. Resign him
                  2. Start Jean-Francois
                  3. Start Sopo
                  4. Draft a rookie to compete (Dareus, Taylor or Paea)
                  5. Sign a cheaper option (Jamal Williams, Pat Williams, Ron Edwards, Kris Jenkins)
                  6. Sign a younger option (Brandon Mebane, Alan Branch, Antonio Johnson.
                  I think they take a rookie and throw him in there with RJF to compete.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Gabbert's biggest issue won't be taking a snap. The snap issue isn't even what most people think it is. The physical part is the easy part of it. It's keeping your head up and reading the defence while dropping back that guys have to learn. He already had multiple reads in his system, he will just have to do it from a different perspective. To me, his biggest issue will be throwing a consistent deep ball and dealing better with pressure.

I really wanted Locker to be the guy, but he hasn't grown. Sark dumbed things down for him and he still couldn't read half a field consistently this year and he was a senior. That is really slow development. He didn't keep his eyes up and I really wonder how long it will take to turn him into an NFL quarterback. How long do people think it will take? How long do you want to wait? How long will ownership stay with another coaching staff if they keep losing while waiting to develop the next quarterback? That's my fear with Locker is that it will be 3 or 4 years until he figures out how to play the position and then we start to think playoffs in year 4 or 5. That's most likely a coaching change if that happens and probably another new quarterback. How's that sound?

Can Harbaugh speed the learning curve up for this guy in the pros when Sarkisian couldn't do it for him in college?

FWIW, I like Ponder more than any of the guys rated above him. He's smart, can move in the pocket and his arm is good enough for a WCO as long as the team executes. He can still be coached up to reduce some of his WTF moments and his arm strength can be improved over time. (Brees and Brady should be more than enough proof that an adequate arm can get a guy by while it gets stronger) Hitching my wagon to a guy that missed that much time bothers me though. Also, I'm a Noles fan through and through so I'm biased towards him and know that part of me wants it and I may be ignoring the downside a bit too much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rabscuttle View Post
                      FWIW, I like Ponder more than any of the guys rated above him. He's smart, can move in the pocket and his arm is good enough for a WCO as long as the team executes. He can still be coached up to reduce some of his WTF moments and his arm strength can be improved over time. (Brees and Brady should be more than enough proof that an adequate arm can get a guy by while it gets stronger) Hitching my wagon to a guy that missed that much time bothers me though. Also, I'm a Noles fan through and through so I'm biased towards him and know that part of me wants it and I may be ignoring the downside a bit too much.
                      I've been a fan of Ponder since that '09 UNC game. He was throwing all over the field and I loved that he was able to come back. He only missed three games this past season, so it wasnt like he missed too much time.

Comment

• Franklin is a low mileage 31. He was picked as a late developing type guy and that's what he was. It took him a long time to get a starting job and he asn't used heavily before then. He has a lot less wear and tear on his body than most nose tackles his age. His joints are a lot cleaner than most big men so to devalue him strictly on age probably isn't the best way to go.

Willis loves the guy. A nose that makes #52's job easier is doing something right and shouldn't be dismissed so readily.

Whether the team can re-sign him or not is going to depend a lot on the cap and what other team that wants a nose has room. I'm sure Franklin has friends he would like to stay here. He gets to stay with his line coach that the guys like a lot and there is new energy here with Sing being ousted. Hell, Spikes may even stick around now that he's gone. In the end, my feeling is a big offer from another team will take him away from us and we will have to start RJF and find a 3-5 round type to develop.

Comment

• I think our second might be a little high for Dalton. I'd like to use a 3rd on him though. The only QB I want with that pick is Ponder. If we traded that pick for Palmer, so be it, I bet we are in the playoffs next year with that move....it all depends on what Harbaugh thinks.

Comment

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
                            Thought this was a great write up by Eric Branch on Crabtree.
                            http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2011/...atch-on-later/
                            Dude better improve. He was directly responsible for 3 of the team's first 5 interceptions, which is freaking pathetic for a #1 WR...pathetic.

..and he's slow as hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by binary View Post
                              and he's slow as hell.
                              his game is not built on speed, it's about running good routes and YAC

Comment

• Originally posted by binary View Post
                                I think our second might be a little high for Dalton. I'd like to use a 3rd on him though. The only QB I want with that pick is Ponder. If we traded that pick for Palmer, so be it, I bet we are in the playoffs next year with that move....it all depends on what Harbaugh thinks.
                                Uhhhmmm, yeah. Agree.

A 3rd for:

A) Ponder, or failing that
                                B) Dalton, but

No Palmer. Don't want him. No thanx, he;s an overrated arrogant prick IMO whose production has seriously declined, I don't see anything there that would make me think he could resurrect his career in SF.

Thank God Donahue isnt running the show anymore -- he would throw the ranch away to Cincy to get Palmer. Everything Donahue touched turned to ****.

I think a rookie is needed in Camp to push Alex Smith, with whom the team seems to be stuck, that would be a win-win.

Somewhere in the back of his deepest Wish List Harbaugh still holds out hope for Andrew Luck falling into his lap in 2012, the Marriage Made In Heaven. Odds are overwhelmingly against it since the 9ers would have to finish 1-15 this season to draft him #1 overall.

But everything else in this chaotic lockout season with no CBA in place is up in the air, so it costs nada to wish & hope.....
                                Last edited by LizardState; 03-14-2011, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information