• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
    his game is not built on speed, it's about running good routes and YAC
    which he's also sucked at.

Comment

• Crabs would be a helluva dodgeball player.

Comment

• Crabtree definitely regressed in his second season which is why if Peterson, Prince and Miller are all gone by 7 but Green is still there, I draft him if I cant get a good trade package. Crabtree knows he's the team's number one receiver and there's nothing to challenge or prevent him from being just that so if he wants to just go through the motions, he can do so because he doesnt have the work ethic that's required of him. Drafting Green changes all of that in a heartbeat because Crabtree would then know that he isnt automatically the team's number one receiver and will have to work his ass off in order to be just that.

With that said, I would still try to trade down if possible but only if im getting equal or better value in return. If not, I draft Green and move on.

Comment

• With great players that may be available at much bigger positions of need, I'm still struggling with the idea that it's possible that they take Green at #7, even if he is BPA. Would it really make the team better? Ignoring a bigger need and taking a WR instead of a more impacting position such as QB or pass rusher or lockdown corner may not make the team better, even if Green turns out to be a great player. He'd have to be an elite game-changer like Andre or Calvin Johnson or Fitzgerald to be worth the 7th pick IMO.

He does seem to have good potential but some scouts have Julio Jones rated higher, leaving me to doubt if he really is a Calvin Johnson type prospect and clear #1 WR in the Draft.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
          Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• I wouldnt draft Green over Peterson or Prince but after them two, I probably would if I couldnt trade down. No QB is worth the 7th overall draft pick in my opinion and none of them are worth more than Green. Miller is 50/50 only because of the comparisons made to Gholston. I have more confidence in Green than I do with Miller. As for Julio, I still have Green ranked ahead of him. Combine numbers dont mean much if anything. I've seen videos of Green and Julio and Green just looks more explosive and dynamic but thats just my own personal opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by binary View Post
              Dude better improve. He was directly responsible for 3 of the team's first 5 interceptions, which is freaking pathetic for a #1 WR...pathetic.

..and he's slow as hell.
              I think he will make a big jump with the offense we are running. He was underwhelming last season but considering the offense that was ran it was not surprising. I just hope Harbaugh does not give him a free pass through training camp like Sing did. But looking at the stats compared to the other WRs at this point in their career it is hard not to be excited about him entering year 3 where most big time WRs make that jump. .

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                I wouldnt draft Green over Peterson or Prince but after them two, I probably would if I couldnt trade down. No QB is worth the 7th overall draft pick in my opinion and none of them are worth more than Green. Miller is 50/50 only because of the comparisons made to Gholston. I have more confidence in Green than I do with Miller. As for Julio, I still have Green ranked ahead of him. Combine numbers dont mean much if anything. I've seen videos of Green and Julio and Green just looks more explosive and dynamic but thats just my own personal opinion.
                Really? One scout makes it a 50/50 on drafting Von Miller? Check a lot of the scouts online and all of them disagree with Dave Rizzano opinion.

Matt Barrows first mock draft comes out:
                http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archiv...raft-epis.html

7. Patrick Peterson, CB. Yowsers. The Peterson v. Von Miller debate gets put to the test in this scenario. Niners conclude that Peterson is slightly closer to being Charles Woodson than Miller is to being Clay Matthews.

31. Colin Kaepernick, QB. Reno goes nuts after Jim Harbaugh taps the raw but supremely gifted Kaepernick as his next quarterback project. Baalke makes the move because none of the three QBs the team has circled -- Ponder, Kaepernick and Andy Dalton -- figures to be there when he picks in the second round.

Patrick Peterson vs Von Miller would be awesome to come done to but man would that be a tough choice to make.

I have no problem moving up for Kaepernick. 49ers have the extra picks to do it and they should use those picks to position themselves for a QB because there will be slim pickings at pick #45.

Comment

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post

Patrick Peterson vs Von Miller would be awesome to come done to but man would that be a tough choice to make.

I have no problem moving up for Kaepernick. 49ers have the extra picks to do it and they should use those picks to position themselves for a QB because there will be slim pickings at pick #45.
                  *checking in from Serbia*

I like Von, but I'd easily select Pat Pete over him at #7.

I find it hard to believe that Kaepernick, Ponder, and Dalton will all be gone before our 2nd round pick rolls around...

Comment

• Love Barrows but moving up in the 2nd to grab Kaepernick is a freakin' joke. If a QB isn't there, no need to force the issue, this class blows anyways.

Comment

• Originally posted by binary View Post
                      If a QB isn't there, no need to force the issue, this class blows anyways.
                      I think the feeling is that they need to get one QB because there is no way to tell who will be available at free agency (and trades are looking pricey), and right now all we have on the roster is David Carr. I'm not discounting Greg McElroy in like the 5th, either.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by farfromforgotten View Post
                        *checking in from Serbia*

I like Von, but I'd easily select Pat Pete over him at #7.

I find it hard to believe that Kaepernick, Ponder, and Dalton will all be gone before our 2nd round pick rolls around...
                        I am still unsure. This team has been lacking a pass rusher since the days of Andre Carter (makes me feel old) and I feel with free agency likely to open after the draft CB can be filled through there.

But then again to have a guy as talented fall to #7 really would warrant no complaint from me on draft day.

Ponder is going to go late first round and I do not see Kaepernick making it through the first 10 picks of round 2. I love the potential of Kaepernick and he really reminds me of Josh Freeman. If they resign Alex it would give them the ability to be competitive (that comment will probably start another thread war) and let Kaepernick sit and watch.

Comment

• Moving up in the 2nd to grab Kaepernick would be a huge reach for a project QB. He does have skills but is very raw and should be available when the Niners pick in the 2nd (and possible the 3rd) round if they want to take a shot on him. Investing a 2nd Round pick would be a big enough investment, without having to trade more to move up.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                          Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
                            Moving up in the 2nd to grab Kaepernick would be a huge reach for a project QB. He does have skills but is very raw and should be available when the Niners pick in the 2nd (and possible the 3rd) round if they want to take a shot on him. Investing a 2nd Round pick would be a big enough investment, without having to trade more to move up.
                            My feelings are with no FA before the draft there will be a run on QBs. The only guy I feel sure about being at pick #45 is Dalton. I think at least 5 QBs (Cam, Gabbert, Locker, Ponder, Kaepernick) are going to be gone before our 2nd round pick.

I also think with the break between day 1 and day 2 teams will try and position themselves near the top of the board to snag a QB. In round 2 Buffalo, Cincy, Ari, Ten, Wash, and Minn are all above the 49ers and will all be looking for QBs if they don't come away with one in round 1.

Comment

My feelings are with no FA before the draft there will be a run on QBs. The only guy I feel sure about being at pick #45 is Dalton. I think at least 5 QBs (Cam, Gabbert, Locker, Ponder, Kaepernick) are going to be gone before our 2nd round pick.

I also think with the break between day 1 and day 2 teams will try and position themselves near the top of the board to snag a QB. In round 2 Buffalo, Cincy, Ari, Ten, Wash, and Minn are all above the 49ers and will all be looking for QBs if they don't come away with one in round 1.
                              I think your reasoning is sound - there's a good chance there will be a run on quarterbacks and trading up to secure one of them is a real possibility.

However, if I'm going to be trading up, it's not going to b for Kaepernick. I would trade up for Ponder, but let the rest go. As you said, Dalton will still be around and Stanzi's name has gone by the wayside in draft talks but he's cut from the same cloth as these second tier guys.

If there is a ridiculous run on quarterbacks and Ponder looks to be extremely difficult to get - then I would stick to the board. I know we need a QB -but we also need a CB and a pass rusher, and if 5 guys from a position outside of those two needs go, then that means more will be available for us to take.
                              Originally posted by Babylon
                              It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

Really? One scout makes it a 50/50 on drafting Von Miller? Check a lot of the scouts online and all of them disagree with Dave Rizzano opinion.

Matt Barrows first mock draft comes out:
                                http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archiv...raft-epis.html

I found it very interesting that Barrows said we "circled" the names of 3 QB's- Ponder, Kapernick, and Dalton. I think at least one of those three (Dalton?) will make it to 45, but will Plan A at QB fall to 45? Or Will Plan B or C fall to 45? Do we want to settle for Plan C? How much of a difference is there between the three in Harbaugh's eyes? A lot of questions to answer, haha. Regardless, a draft where we can get a top CB prospect in the mold of Charles Woodson and a QB prospect that Jim Harbaugh wants to mold into his franchise guy are fine with me. I'm very confident in Harbaugh's ability to find a QB until i have no reason not to be, so to me it seems like we could get two franchise guys in the 1st with this approach. Only downside is that still leaves needs like NT and OLB, which we would probably have to spend our next 2 picks on.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information