This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
    He missed two games during the regular season last year and the bowl game, as well as the last four games of '09.
    Credit to him he is a tough guy. You would expect those numbers to be higher with all the injuries. He is like a walking "Operation" board. But I am concerned about how dinged up he got during his junior and senior seasons.

Comment

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
      Credit to him he is a tough guy. You would expect those numbers to be higher with all the injuries. He is like a walking "Operation" board. But I am concerned about how dinged up he got during his junior and senior seasons.
      If I am not mistaken, to his credit, he's dealt with a pretty young/less than talented O-line.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Matt Maiocco's guess on who will be the 49ers week 1 QB at this point:
        http://www.csnbayarea.com/pages/maiocco_chat
        Matt give your prediction best as you can as the week 1 starting quaterback ???

MM: Kolb, Hasselbeck or Bulger.
        Bulger to SF is starting to gain traction. Dan Pompei also wrote that to expect John Harbaugh to give a nice endorsement to his brother about Bulger. If I had to pick between Hasselbeck or Bulger I would prefer to go with Hasselbeck due to his experience in the WCO.

Comment

• http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archiv...-will-hav.html
          "Matt Malaspina, the 49ers national scout, attended the FSU pro day."

they sent the #1 scout to that pro day? hmm, doing their homework, I see.

Comment

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archiv...-will-hav.html
            "Matt Malaspina, the 49ers national scout, attended the FSU pro day."

they sent the #1 scout to that pro day? hmm, doing their homework, I see.
            From Bee-rows chat:
            [Comment From JRJR: ]
            should we make anything out of harbaugh not attending ponder's pro day?

Wednesday March 16, 2011 11:04 JR
            11:07 MattB_49: No, at least not yet. I kinda thought that Harbaugh would be there because he attended Dalton's workout at TCU. However, what I don't know yet is whether the 49ers have a private workout scheduled with Ponder. My spies in Tallahassee told me that the 49ers scouts have been all over Ponder all season and that Baalke attended one of his games. So it's not as if they haven't been following him to this point. My guess is that he is very high on their radar and that they are contemplating whether he is worth a trade-up into the first round ...
            Brent was that you in the Barrows chat who asked the Von Miller question?

Comment

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
              Brent was that you in the Barrows chat who asked the Von Miller question?
              Yes, and I made that first comment, too. Little ashamed of my typo, but I see I'm not the only one making them.

Comment

• Man hell with Burlger or even Old crumbly hasselback.Those two QB 's are done for maybe at a back up.Nor do I want Kolb either.Philly wants way to dam much for him.I still like at second for Ponder or CK depending on his pro day,not my first choice tho.However, if Mallet fell to us in round 2 still couldn't pass on him.Plus if our o line finally comes together he could turn out well.Other then those 3 then I would wait for round 3 in Dalton or Stanzi.

Comment

• I think Harbaugh didn't go to Ponder's pro day because he pretty much knows what he's getting in terms of a QB who has played in a pro-style/WC offense. Spread QBs on the other hand, may take more time to evaluate in order to determine whether they can translate across as easily.

@ 49erNation85
                  Getting Bulger or Hasselbeck gives time to any rookie QBs that the team drafts. It's like the same idea of re-signing Smith for a season. Give the rookie some time to absorb the playbook and understand pass protection/reading coverage before throwing him into the fire.
                  In a sense, very similar to the Rodgers vs Smith developmental curve. One sat behind a vet for a while, and the other was tossed into the fire.

Comment

• http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2011/...rm-at-pro-day/
                    "According to tweets from sources on the ground, Jim Harbaugh is in attendance at Blaine Gabbert’s pro day."

I'm thinking that, considering he went to Dalton's proday, he wants to see the spread guys first-hand.

Comment

http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2011/...rm-at-pro-day/
                      "According to tweets from sources on the ground, Jim Harbaugh is in attendance at Blaine Gabbert’s pro day."

I'm thinking that, considering he went to Dalton's proday, he wants to see the spread guys first-hand.
                      I get the feeling that this Blaine Gabbert might be another Alex Smith.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                      -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                      Originally posted by Borat
                      Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ness View Post
                        I get the feeling that this Blaine Gabbert might be another Alex Smith.
                        well he does collapse when under pressure.

Comment

• Cam Inman in Saturday's MercNews sports on the search for the next 9ers QB:

http://www.mercurynews.com/49ers/ci_...nclick_check=1

not a literary masterwork by any stretch, but a good candidates list both rookie & veteran.

Essentially it's interesting to note that Baalke attended Newton's Auburn workout & Harbaugh was in Ft. Worth for Dalton's pro day. Kaepernick had a pvt. workout for the team at the U. of Nevada - Reno.

Comment

• Lizard , nice find there!It sucks that they think Gabbert might be a good fit!Darn that news kills me.But other then that It sounds like we're drafting some where between round two and three for a QB depending who is there at our picks.I could see either Ponder,Dalton or Stanzi still.Only bad thing about Stanzi is he is a little older then youngsters. 40 or so days away guys!

Comment

• One longtime scout projects the top four draftable quarterbacks as Newton, Gabbert, TCU's Andy Dalton and Florida State's Christian Ponder. Considering the 49ers' desperate straits, it might be wise to use the seventh overall pick on any of those four.

Hmmmm, use the 7th overall draft pick on any of these four???

NO ******* WAY!!!!!

If Baalke/Harbaugh drafts ANY QB at 7 with Peterson, Prince, Miller and Green available, im going to be one pissed off 49ers fan (as usual). If all four are gone, I try to trade down and acquire some extra draft picks but im pretty sure that at least one of the four will be on the board at 7, if not at least two or more.

Comment

• First Mock of the year, tell me what ya think!

PS I've heard we will get a third 7th as a comp pick, so I included it!

1. Patrick Peterson, LSU, CB
                                2. Colin Kaepernick, Nevada, QB
                                3. Chris Carter, Fresno St., OLB
                                4. Kendrick Ellis, Hampton, NT
                                4. Deunta Williams, UNC, FS
                                5. Dwayne Harris, ECU, WR
                                6. Richard Sherman, Stanford, CB
                                6. Derek Hall, Stanford, OT
                                7. Anthony Sherman, UConn., FB
                                7. Nic Grigsby, Arizona, RB
                                7. Mario Addison, Troy, OLB

Comment