X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CJSchneider View Post
    Maybe Nnamdi Asomugha.
    Nnamdi Asomugha is going to command Nate Clements money, I dont see how the Niners can afford to tie that much of their cap into one position. Besides Im exited about Reggie Smith.

Comment

• After looking at that list of FAs by team the only ones that I think we would have a chance at considering are:

-Leroy Hill, LB, Seattle
      -Nate Washington, WR, Pittsburgh
      -Marques Harris, LB, San Diego

However, I am not saying we should go after them nor do I necessarily want the Niners to sign these guys. Personally, I just dont see Suggs/Peppers as someone we are going to get.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
        After looking at that list of FAs by team the only ones that I think we would have a chance at considering are:

-Leroy Hill, LB, Seattle
        -Nate Washington, WR, Pittsburgh
        -Marques Harris, LB, San Diego

However, I am not saying we should go after them nor do I necessarily want the Niners to sign these guys. Personally, I just dont see Suggs/Peppers as someone we are going to get.
        The biggest thing we can do in FA is get our guys back.
        Originally posted by 49erNation85
        I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
          The biggest thing we can do in FA is get our guys back.
          No the biggest thing we can do is upgrade where ever possible/logical.

Comment

• Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
            1. Everette Brown, OLB Fla State.
            2. Phil Loadholdt, OT Oklahoma
            3. Patrick Chung, FS Oregon

How's that?
            Everette Brown seems like Kamerion Wimbley part II, Im not sure. Does anyone agree??
            CRANK THAT CRABTREE!!

Comment

• Julius Peppers

Should The 49ers pick him up from F/A?

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9092360/Peppers-won't-sign-long-term-deal-with-Panthers?MSNHPHMA

Comment

• Originally posted by woodyx02 View Post
                Nnamdi Asomugha is going to command Nate Clements money, I dont see how the Niners can afford to tie that much of their cap into one position. Besides Im exited about Reggie Smith.
                i totally agree

Comment

I would only take Curry IF Smith, Monroe, Oher, Raji, Brown and Jenkins are gone. Dont see English lasting that long and even if he does safety cant be ignored until the 5th.

As for Suggs, of course Id love it, anyone would but so would 31 other teams. If it happens Ill jump for joy but im not counting on it.
                  cincy, oakland, seattle, kc, or even philly could all jump on ot. raji i'm not sure if he is who i'd take @ 10. jenkins again, there is a few teams who could jump up. the 10 pick looks *****y to me now that none of those guys could be there. i would hate for sing to take someone just for the sake of taking somebody there.
                  i agree, smith or monroe would be ideal but i like curry.

Comment

• Peppers!

more on peppers:
                    http://blogs.charlotte.com/panthers/...-panthers.html

essentially he wants to leave the panthers because he wants to play in a 3-4! i would pay him whatever he wants (considering the panthers have already offered him a contract to be the highest nfl player) to put him at OLB. the article compares his role to demarcus ware's. i'll take it.
                    I think with he and the removal of mark roman, its a top 5 defense in the league instantly.

Comment

What is there to be excited about with Smith. He never even saw the field this season. Have you seen something that i haven't seen? Until he is playing, there is nothing to be excited about.

Potential doesn't mean anything until it is fulfilled.

Comment

• true, but i dont think that you can go ahead and commit all that money to a player that will jump ahead of your 2nd rd pick last year on the charts. if we could have reggie smith at fs that would be something. i would rather commit the asomugha money to peppers or gross without a doubt.

Comment

• Originally posted by edgrenade View Post
                          What is there to be excited about with Smith. He never even saw the field this season. Have you seen something that i haven't seen? Until he is playing, there is nothing to be excited about.
                          He played some at the end of the season. He didn't see the field because there is a logjam at cornerback. If I remember correctly, we have more on our roster than anyone else in the NFC West. Possibly even the rest of the NFC.

Comment

• Ya Smith did play some towards the end of the year and looked solid. I think he has the tools to be a very good nickleback. Not sure if he is a good enough tackler to move to FS.

As for Gross I read that the Redskins are going to offer him a huge (Jake Longish) contract. I think he would help but not at that price tag.

Comment

• Originally posted by edgrenade View Post

Potential doesn't mean anything until it is fulfilled.
                              "Potential means you haven't done anything yet" Bill Parcells.

Peppers is nearly 290lbs. I know he's a tremendous athlete but does he think he's going to play OLB in a 3-4? He can't think he'll be better in a 3-4 as an end I can't see that? His numbers will certainly go down as a 3-4 end. So he must be thinking he'll play a Merriman/LT type role???

Merriman is about 270, Ware is 260ish, Peppers would LIKELY be the biggest
                              3-4 OLB ever.

Having said that, you have 20 mill cap space and Peppers is only 29 come tomorrow. He's got at least 4-5 stud like years in him.

Comment

• I think he can, and don't forget the taller the frame the more volitile weight can be. if i'm nolan in denver im begging for peppers, considering his versatility would help nolans whole hybrid idea a lot more than smith could

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information