This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan,
    Yea I hear you about Pouncey not lasting until our second round but you just never know.It just may happen.I would have taken a CB there but couldn't resit on taking Puncey there instead since our whole line could be a solid one in years to come with that pick.I went with the FB from Standford for our 4th second pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by 49erNation85 View Post
      OK guys there is a group mock going in the forum on the fansty section here is how i have SF going so far. I'm either taking a FB,CB or WR with the next four round pick.What do u all think?

7. San Francisco 49ers - Von Miller, OLB Texas A&M
      45. San Francisco 49ers - Mike Pouncey, OG Florida
      76. San Fransisco 49ers - Andy Dalton, QB TCU
      107. San Francisco 49ers - Mark Herzlich, ILB Boston College
      Love the 1st three, although Pouncey and Dalton won't make it that far in reality. Still don't understand the Herzlich selection. Even if Spikes leaves, Bowman and McKillop, I believe are better fits as 3-4 ILB's than Herzlich, especially Bowman.

As for your next pick (you're up by the way) I think you'd have to target CB (should've WAY earlier.) But I listed my thoughts on available prospects for this pick. I know you mentioned Fullbacks, which I've included, but I don't think the 49ers need to be the 1st team to select a FB in the 2011 draft. Also, the Wide Receiver position has been over-drafted in this mock and the value is out-of-wack, but I included a few that aren't terrible stretches in the 4th round as a WCO slot guy.

Cornerback
      Curtis Marsh - Utah State
      Marcus Gilchrist - Clemson (also a Free Safety prospect)
      Buster Skrine - Tennessee Chattanooga
      Jalil Brown - Colorado
      Richard Sherman - Stanford (also a Free Safety and Wide Receiver prospect)
      Chimdi Chekwa - Ohio State
      Chykie Brown - Texas

Defensive End
      Lawrence Guy - Arizona State

Nose Tackle
      Jerrell Powe - Mississippi
      Sione Fua - Stanford
      Ian Williams - Notre Dame

Fullback
      Owen Marecic - Stanford
      Henry Hynoski - Pittsburgh
      Stanley Havili - USC
      Charles Clay - Tulsa

Wide Receiver
      Greg Salas - Hawaii
      Jeremy Kerley - TCU
      Dwayne Harris - East Carolina
      Jeff Maehl - Oregon

Hope that helps. Apologies if I missed someone.

Comment

• 1. Prince Amukamara CB, Nebraska
        2. Colin Kaepernick QB, Nevada
        3. Brooks Reed OLB, Arizona
        4. Ahmad Black S, Florida
        4. Phil Taylor DT, Baylor
        5. Stanley Havili FB, USC
        6. Jaquizz Rodgers RB, Oregon State
        6. Cecil Shorts WR, Mount Union
        7. Josh Portis QB, California(PA)
        7. Korey Lindsey Woods CB, Southern Ill
        7. Carl Johnson OG, Florida

Comment

• Nevermind, I see you drafted Marecic. Sure would've liked to get a CB in our first 5 selections. Oh well.

Comment

• Harbaugh talks up Newton

"And Cam Newton - that's
            plutonium-grade raw material, you know? I haven't seen upside like with this
            guy in probably the last 10 years.
            Read more: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/#ixzz1HM0x2AT7

If Harbaugh really feels that way, we would almost have to make a play on Newton..wouldn't we? We hired Harbaugh in large part because of his work with QB's, and he is stating that Newton has the highest upside of any QB prospect since basically Vick. If his character concerns check out, a QB with his gifts under a coach like Harbaugh could be special.

Of course, "if" is the operative word. Can we really trust the public word of an NFL HC or GM in March, one month before the draft? Misdirection is the name of the game right now. Of course, just because Newton has upside doesn't mean he will necessarily reach it. And this could all be a smokescreen, part of a ploy to get teams higher than us to pick Newton, or leverage in a trade down if he falls to 7.
            Last edited by 49ersfan_87; 03-22-2011, 01:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 49erNation85 View Post
              Dan,
              Yea I hear you about Pouncey not lasting until our second round but you just never know.It just may happen.I would have taken a CB there but couldn't resit on taking Puncey there instead since our whole line could be a solid one in years to come with that pick.I went with the FB from Standford for our 4th second pick.
              I would love Pouncey to last to 45 but thats not going to happen. I'll be shocked if it does. FB in the 4th isnt bad but I would have went after a NT instead. The ILB pick you posted wasnt bad but was Casey Matthews still on the board because if so, I would have drafted him instead. If he even turns out to be half as good as his brother, he'll be a steal.

And one last thing..........who was drafted 1-6 in the first round?

Comment

• Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                3. Brooks Reed OLB, Arizona
                4. Phil Taylor DT, Baylor
                There is a good chance that both Reed and Taylor sneak into the bottom of round 1. No way they make it out of round 2.

Comment

• Originally posted by farfromforgotten View Post
                  There is a good chance that both Reed and Taylor sneak into the bottom of round 1. No way they make it out of round 2.
                  oh damn. ill post a revised one later

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                    I would love Pouncey to last to 45 but thats not going to happen. I'll be shocked if it does. FB in the 4th isnt bad but I would have went after a NT instead. The ILB pick you posted wasnt bad but was Casey Matthews still on the board because if so, I would have drafted him instead. If he even turns out to be half as good as his brother, he'll be a steal.

And one last thing..........who was drafted 1-6 in the first round?
                    Dan I cant remeber but you can go look at out draft mock in the fanasty section under group forum by divsion mock. Crap I so for got about Matthews oh well. I would not mine him either. The thing anoutvpouncey lasting that long in this mock was weirdit happed so o grabbed him up . Man if we child build a solid o line by adding poured at c or even g we would sick in future years .

Comment

• Just saw that mock. Peterson went first overall, Prince fifth to ARZ and Green sixth to CLE. First QB drafted was Gabbert eighth to TEN.

Just one question - are you running the mock draft for the entire NFC West because that's the way it looks and honestly, I think ARZ would draft Miller over Prince because already have one excellent CB Cromartie but their LB core is crap compared to just two years ago.

When its your turn to draft in the 5th, look for that NT from Stanford. I forgot his name but I think that he's still available.

I really wish the moderators on this site would do a LIVE MOCK DRAFT on AIM like they did in 2006. That was a lot of fun. I remember drafting Lawson and Carpenter in the first but cant remember who I drafted in the other rounds.

Comment

• Dan ,
                        Yup I was doing the whole NFC west,however,I did not make AZ first pick as I so agree with you where draft Prince would have been a better pick for them.The Mod of that Mock mad the pick.Besides Mock drafts are all in fun to see which players you can and draft.On the live draft thing,I dunno if you could the entire 32 teams on for one at the same time to a draft like which is a pretty hard IMO.OK If we do a 5th round I will get a NT or a CB.
                        phlysac,
                        I feel you about the CB need man and yes I would have drafted him in round two or first but I went Miller as you seen that much better player then Prince IMO and would benefit us more.Then the CB would of been in round also but Pouncey feel to us and I just couldn't let him go and added another solid guy for our running game and have a young stud line.The rest of the picks are just BPA, And I think the FB is a perfect with JH and his Standford coaching staff,our FB right IMO is crap and catch worth a dam (Norris)So we need a quick upgrade and a great FB to improve the run game.
                        That is all for know guys.OK dam if we take Newton I will hate them for life as it would be Smith all over again.Also Newton ego is way to high.JH is just trying to pull his football IQ I think.Also I think he is gone before 7 to either the Bills or AZ Maybe the Bengals.I think we're safe on no QB at 7.But good to see our new guy is looking at everyone just to see where they all stand!I can't wait for draft in prime time!

Comment

• The live real time online mock draft via AIM that I was in back in 2006 started at 12pm EST on a Saturday and went to about 7pm or so. It was for the first three rounds. It took time but it was fun and when you were on the clock, you could feel the nervoursness in deciding who to select with you pick. It was a blast and I wish they would do it this year but I know that no one will be. Oh well.

Comment

• Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
                            Harbaugh talks up Newton

Read more: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/#ixzz1HM0x2AT7

If Harbaugh really feels that way, we would almost have to make a play on Newton..wouldn't we? We hired Harbaugh in large part because of his work with QB's, and he is stating that Newton has the highest upside of any QB prospect since basically Vick. If his character concerns check out, a QB with his gifts under a coach like Harbaugh could be special.

Of course, "if" is the operative word. Can we really trust the public word of an NFL HC or GM in March, one month before the draft? Misdirection is the name of the game right now. Of course, just because Newton has upside doesn't mean he will necessarily reach it. And this could all be a smokescreen, part of a ploy to get teams higher than us to pick Newton, or leverage in a trade down if he falls to 7.
                            This is a HUGE smokescreen. Newton being taken before 7 greatly increases the chances of Peterson and possibly Gabbert (if Harbaugh likes him) falling to the Niners.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                            Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• I don't like all the Mock of Peterson going to the 49ERS. I think if people realize the Best Player goes on a team that is a Perfect fit for him they might make a move on him before the 49ERS Pick. I hope he falls to 7 so the 49ERS can get a ShutDown Corner.

Comment

• Regarding the Harbaugh remarks on Cam Newton...

Believing a player has the "most upside" doesn't mean you believe that player is a good pick in regards to value. It would be naive to think that JaMarcus Russell would've been picked by all teams. He had serious issues that came to be true. But he was universally lauded for his upside.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information