This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
    Lawson is athletic too and most here dont want to retain him. I personally dont see the difference between him and Quinn. I would only draft Quinn as a last resort/only option kind of thing.
    The difference between them is that Lawson has PROVEN that he can't rush the passer in the NFL. The verdict is still out on Quinn. But he sure looks like he can get to the QB.
    The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Quinn and Lawson are completely different players. Lawson is a lengthy, lanky, long strider while Quinn is anything but that.

Any draft in which we get Ponder is a win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
        If the Niners are nervous about the risk/reward on taking Quinn at 7, then there seems to be guys at the 3/4 OLB position they could look to target in each round, especially if they want to roll the dice. Many of the guys on this list have multiple years starting and are team captains.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-e...medium=twitter
        And are mostly all HUGE 3-4 OLB prospects that Bill Belichick covets. I don't see Fangio/Baalke targeting the same types.

Comment

• Originally posted by phlysac View Post
          And are mostly all HUGE 3-4 OLB prospects that Bill Belichick covets. I don't see Fangio/Baalke targeting the same types.
          Why not? How do we know what Fangio likes in a 3/4 OLB? He comes from the Dom Capers mold apparently, and Dom Capers prized possession, Clay Matthews: Height: 6-3 Weight: 255

All but one of the guys on the list I posted are within 10 pounds of Clay and most were around the same height. They are big, but that doesn't mean that they won't be looked at by a team like the Niners that has had ineffective pass rushing 3/4 OLBs converted from college 4/3 DEs (Manny Lawson - Height: 6-5 Weight: 240; Parys Haralson - Height: 6-0 Weight: 255).

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
          Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• I'm sure you've all heard about what Roddy White thinks of us bringing back Alex Smith for another season, via twitter:

"Why is the 49ers wasting their time with alex smith they need to move on better yet try to get luck next year would be good for them"

and...

"2 coaches have been fired for tht mans performance."

Clearly Roddy knows how to fix this franchise. Tank the season and draft Luck next year. Does he post on these forums? I've heard that from a few other posters on this site... lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by farfromforgotten View Post
              I'm sure you've all heard about what Roddy White thinks of us bringing back Alex Smith for another season, via twitter:

"Why is the 49ers wasting their time with alex smith they need to move on better yet try to get luck next year would be good for them"

and...

Clearly Roddy knows how to fix this franchise. Tank the season and draft Luck next year. Does he post on these forums? I've heard that from a few other posters on this site... lol.
              SMH coming from a guy with as many playoff wins as Alex Smith and then he retweets some fool who can't believe Alex Smith is getting another shot while Vince Young is getting run out of Tenn. Not saying Alex has come close to pulling his weight but throwing support behind VY with all the crap he has pulled is a joke.

Also I hate when people say tank the season for so and so at QB in the next draft. It never works like that. 49ers fans (mostly webzone/.com) say that every year and then when they enter that following draft year they always deem all the top QBs unworthy of being drafted in round 1.
              Last edited by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?; 04-16-2011, 01:05 AM.

Comment

• Here's an awesome fantasy dual trade in the draft. With the Redskins rumored to want to trade up for QB Cam Newton who would be a good fit for Shanahan's offense, if he falls to 7 and if the Redskins are desperate enough, I try to swap 2011 first rounders and steal away the Redskins 2012 first rounder so they can draft the franchise QB they want.

Then at 10, if he's still available, I trade up to 8 with TEN (who most think want Fairley) so I can draft CB Patrick Peterson ahead of DAL. TEN still gets their DT at 10 while gaining an extra draft pick.

We get our franchise CB in Peterson and have two first rounders in 2012 which could be used for QB Andrew Luck if he comes out and if we're high enough in the first round.

Obviously, none of this is going to happen but with the Redskins determination to always trade away draft picks, I thought that it would all give us a chuckle. LOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by farfromforgotten View Post
                  I'm sure you've all heard about what Roddy White thinks of us bringing back Alex Smith for another season, via twitter:

and...

Roddy's just as ignorant as casual fans.

McCarthy and Turner didn't turn to stone after coming in contact with Alex. It's about stability, Roddy's a moron.
                  Originally posted by Babylon
                  It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

• Dan your dreaming to dam big right there dude.If we switch spots with the Skins.I say we just draft Locker bring back Smith for one more see if he can be productive in JH play book or not.Then let Locker step in the following year.But I'm sure we are staying at number 7 to either get PP or a DE or Amukura.No reason to go down.

Comment

• Originally posted by 49erNation85 View Post
                      Dan your dreaming to dam big right there dude.If we switch spots with the Skins.I say we just draft Locker bring back Smith for one more see if he can be productive in JH play book or not.Then let Locker step in the following year.But I'm sure we are staying at number 7 to either get PP or a DE or Amukura.No reason to go down.
                      I know im dreaming. LOL.

Seriously though, if Peterson is gone by 7 and a QB or Green fall to 7 and WSH wants that guy that bad, I would definitely trade down a few spots. Granted, we would probably just get the Redskins 2nd rounder but thats fine by me. I then trade lower round picks to TEN so I can make sure I still get Prince. TEN gets a few extra picks while still getting Fairley if he reaches us at 7.

Overall, I just want Peterson at 7 with Prince 2nd and Green third. If both CB's are gone, I try to trade down with a team who wants Green. If I cant get what I want, I just draft Green and move on because Quinn or another DE/OLB hybrid isnt worth the 7th overall draft pick when compared to Green.

Comment

• Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
                        Why not? How do we know what Fangio likes in a 3/4 OLB? He comes from the Dom Capers mold apparently, and Dom Capers prized possession, Clay Matthews: Height: 6-3 Weight: 255

All but one of the guys on the list I posted are within 10 pounds of Clay and most were around the same height. They are big, but that doesn't mean that they won't be looked at by a team like the Niners that has had ineffective pass rushing 3/4 OLBs converted from college 4/3 DEs (Manny Lawson - Height: 6-5 Weight: 240; Parys Haralson - Height: 6-0 Weight: 255).
                        Players tend to gain weight in the pros. Clay Matthews weighed 240lbs at his Combine. I'm not discounting players in the low-mid 260's but if a player is already in the 270's I don't like him as much in a 3-4. Just my opinion.

Comment

• updated mock draft:

1. patrick robinson - cb

2. andy dalton - qb

3. christian ballard - de

4. jerrel jernigan - wr

4. shane vereen - rb

5. joe lefeged -s

6. buster skrine - cb

6. owen marecic - fb

7. mark herzlick - ilb

7. zane taylor - c

Comment

• chapo123,
                            That is a solid mock draft.Though I would still take Ponder or try and move up to get him.But I will take Dalton.Everyone else seems to be solid.Specially PP I really think we have a chance to land him.Only AZ I think will pick him unless some one moves up.

Comment

• Originally posted by 49erNation85 View Post
                              chapo123,
                              That is a solid mock draft.Though I would still take Ponder or try and move up to get him.But I will take Dalton.Everyone else seems to be solid.Specially PP I really think we have a chance to land him.Only AZ I think will pick him unless some one moves up.
                              I hope its us trading with cleveland. then we trade up again into the late first and get whatever QB harbaugh/baalke want. i think we will do what denver did last year and move around a lot.
                              San Francisco 49ers: 5 Super Bowls
                              Auburn Tigers: 2 National Championships

Comment

• txparkes49x,
                                Yea I think I have the same feeling about getting our guy and it may be Ponder or Locker maybe Mallet I dunno.We all know we need a QB its our biggest need right now.Trading up is the most likely deal for us maybe either in Seattle spot or before them if possible.We have enough picks to do it.Just we need the darn draft day to get here.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information