This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 49erNation85 View Post
    We all new this day was coming.Here is a good read on Peterson visit to SF today.It is a good read if I must say.here is a link.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...he_49ers_today
    Thanks for the link. I been pessimistic about Peterson falling to 7 and it keeps growing as the days go by.
    http://www.cleveland.com/pluto/blog/..._draft_pa.html

Comment

• Dam Browns are trying steal all the best CB wtf man.I didn't see that article crap we I guess we are gonna probably Prince or some one else.It won't be far for them to have Haden and Peterson on each for a defense.No one is gonna want to throw on them at all period.Then they go on to say they still need a QB,poor McCoy I thought he showed sings of a good starter his rookie year.They should just take Gabbert or Green maybe Miller would be their choice too.

Comment

Dam Browns are trying steal all the best CB wtf man.I didn't see that article crap we I guess we are gonna probably Prince or some one else.It won't be far for them to have Haden and Peterson on each for a defense.No one is gonna want to throw on them at all period.Then they go on to say they still need a QB,poor McCoy I thought he showed sings of a good starter his rookie year.They should just take Gabbert or Green maybe Miller would be their choice too.
        The Walrus and Shurmur have been high on McCoy all off-season so don't see them taking a QB till the later rounds. I think the Cardinals are the ones who snag Peterson and Browns take Julio Jones. Think Jones is perfect fit in their offense and gives McCoy a weapon.

After that I think it will leave SF with Gabbert. Seen a few writers saying SF should move down but I do not see any teams moving up for Gabbert. I think Locker is higher on Tenn and Wash board. Minnesota could but with Quinn and Bowers falling possibly there I think they stand pat.

Comment

Dam Browns are trying steal all the best CB wtf man.I didn't see that article crap we I guess we are gonna probably Prince or some one else.It won't be far for them to have Haden and Peterson on each for a defense.No one is gonna want to throw on them at all period.Then they go on to say they still need a QB,poor McCoy I thought he showed sings of a good starter his rookie year.They should just take Gabbert or Green maybe Miller would be their choice too.
          Are you permanently drunk when you post?

Comment

• Another good video here on how we are drafting round one.It sounds like BPA to me at defense or offense.

http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/v...4-64432a528eb3

Comment

• The Browns need a WR or pass rusher, not another CB.

Comment

• I'm totally down with trading down and getting Prince.

Comment

• PP falling to 7 is a very real possibility.

The top 4 picks all get good players at positions of need.
                  CAR- Cam
                  DEN- Dareus
                  BUF- Von
                  CIN- AJ

Arizona will be the key. If they take Quinn, I can see Cleveland moving out for someone like the Cowboys who may want PP or a team like TEN that wants Gabbert.

If Arizona takes Gabbert then CLE gets Quinn and we end up with PP.

The problem for us is that everyone in the world knows our needs so teams moving up in front of us should someone fall is going to be a problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by footballfan098 View Post
                    The problem for us is that everyone in the world knows our needs so teams moving up in front of us should someone fall is going to be a problem.
                    Everybody knows what each team needs. The question is which need/player they target first, and things rarely go to plan on draft day.

After all, no battle plans survive first contact with the enemy (the draft in this case).

Comment

• Originally posted by binary View Post
                      I'm totally down with trading down and getting Prince.
                      I agree with this. The more I think about this draft, the more convinced I am that the place the Niners should be is the late first/early second. That's where the interesting QB prospects are, and that's where the second tier of 3-4 OLB are. Give me a mock that gets SF the chance to trade back, pick up a corner, QB, and OLB? Yeah I'll take that.

Comment

• Originally posted by BandwagonPunditry View Post
                        Are you permanently drunk when you post?
                        Lol no joke.
                        Originally posted by 49erNation85
                        I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by ViperVisor View Post
                            Off the top of my head, that list is missing Rattay (2000) and Brandon Doman (2002). There's probably others too.

Draft wise, im still hoping for Peterson but if he's gone before 7, I wouldnt mind trading down and still drafting Prince. Of course, have to be careful because I can definitely see the Texans drafting him at 11 or even jumping ahead of us and trading with TEN. The more I think about it, the more I realize that it will be highly unlikely to trade down and still get Prince. Oh well, a few more days to good. I'll be watching the first three rounds Thursday and Friday since im off from work. Yay me!!!

Comment

• Houston needs an OLB for Phillips to run a 3-4 more than anything else that they are missing. Aldon Smith is their most likely target. I know fans have cornerback in their heads, but they are ignoring the fact that Wade is in town and can't run his defence without a pass rusher. Quinn could be their other guy, but I think Smith is their preference with Miller of course being out of reach.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rabscuttle View Post
                                Houston needs an OLB for Phillips to run a 3-4 more than anything else that they are missing. Aldon Smith is their most likely target. I know fans have cornerback in their heads, but they are ignoring the fact that Wade is in town and can't run his defence without a pass rusher. Quinn could be their other guy, but I think Smith is their preference with Miller of course being out of reach.
                                True but their biggest need is a CB because their secondary was horrible and they do have Mario Williams who I think Phillips will use as his pass rusher. He's most likely going to run a 3-4/4-3 hybrid until he gets enough players who fit his 3-4 scheme but I honestly think that CB will be their pick if Prince is there at 11. Both of their safeties are gone, their top CB was horrible and their secondary in general was one of the worst in pass defense in NFL history if I remember correctly. They need a shutdown corner and Prince is the second best player available at CB.

I would be shocked if they pass on Prince at 11 if he's available.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information