This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ViperVisor View Post
    If a team can blow us away on an offer for Peterson I would do it.

That team would be one looking to win now or within a year or 2.

We are not anywhere near the prize without a QB or with a drafted project.
    FA and Offseason hasnt even started yet though. Cant count as out yet, we still could a veteran from some other team thats poised to run deep or god dare I say ..Alex Smith.. blows everyone away and finally shows up. IDK im not ready to say if we are or are not ready for playoffs to OTAs and Camp is over. since none of that may occur I want Peterson even if we trade up. Maybe even for the right price with the Cards.
    San Francisco 49ers: 5 Super Bowls
    Auburn Tigers: 2 National Championships

Comment

• 49ersfan_87,
      Would you like Gabbert enough to take a chance on him at seven?Not me and probably like 90 % of the fans here wouldn't.He is a project maybe maybe not.He says he can play from center just fine but I dunno.I just don't we can take the chance there at 7 unless it is Locker or Miller or Quinn.I am surprised about the Quinn pick though.He would be a stud in our 3-4 other side of Smith.

Comment

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
        Upside of CK too much to pass up. Plus Baalke/Harbaugh (we need to come up with a combo name for them Balkbaugh?) said they would prefer a QB to sit for a year so I don't believe CK being a project would necessarily be a bad thing.

HAAALKE SMASH!

Well, hopefully they can live up to that reputation.
        Last edited by Verloren; 04-26-2011, 08:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
          The only situation that I would hate for us to trade down is if Miller is somehow still on the board. I don't think that the difference between PP7 and Prince is as great as some and I would not mind moving down a few picks and grabbing Prince + an extra third.
          Im starting to believe more and more that Prince will go in the top 6. Some team that really likes him is gonna trade up to grab him and we'll be sitting there at #7 with PP7, Prince, Dareus, Miller, and Quinn all off the board. That's my nightmare actually. There is a VERY good chance no QB goes in the top 6. Wouldnt surprise me one bit. Now if we're sitting there at 7 with both Gabbert and Newton still on the board my hope is some team is willing to trade up and grab one. If not then our pick will be very interesting. And no, I dont think it will be a QB either.

Comment

• Originally posted by VAfy-ya View Post
            Im starting to believe more and more that Prince will go in the top 6. Some team that really likes him is gonna trade up to grab him and we'll be sitting there at #7 with PP7, Prince, Dareus, Miller, and Quinn all off the board. That's my nightmare actually. There is a VERY good chance no QB goes in the top 6. Wouldnt surprise me one bit. Now if we're sitting there at 7 with both Gabbert and Newton still on the board my hope is some team is willing to trade up and grab one. If not then our pick will be very interesting. And no, I dont think it will be a QB either.
            Could try nabbing Cal's Cam Jordan. He's one of the guys I have my eyes on because there's a chance he could transition into a 3-4 rush OLB, or stick as a 3-4 DE where he has experience. Either way, he can be an impact player on passing downs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Verloren View Post

HAAALKE SMASH!

Unbelievable quantities of win.

Comment

HAAALKE SMASH!

Hit it right out of the park Verloren. Well done.

Draft is a day away and writers/analyst are all over the board with the 49ers pick. So far I have seen:
                Wes Bunting: Peterson
                Matt Maiocco: Amukamara
                Matt Barrows: Gabbert
                Jason LaConforta: Quinn
                Evan Silva: Peterson

Comment

Could try nabbing Cal's Cam Jordan. He's one of the guys I have my eyes on because there's a chance he could transition into a 3-4 rush OLB, or stick as a 3-4 DE where he has experience. Either way, he can be an impact player on passing downs.
                  I would love Cam Jordan and hopefully Baalke has him rated as such. But Im not sure if Baalke wants to pull the trigger on a DE at #7, no matter how highly he thinks of him. He'll try to trade back at all cost if he someone at a position of need isnt on the board. But Jordan wouldnt be a bad pick IMO. Just not one of the more popular ones.

As far as him transitioning to a WILL, I've read that before but I honestly dont see it. Jordan is athletic for a guy of his size. But being a fluid athlete in space is a totally different ballgame. Who knows what you'll be getting out him asking him to lose weight and make a position change. That's alot of uncertainty to risk on a top 10 pick who is in that range soley based on his exploits as a DE.

Comment

• I personally like Harbaalke as a name to represent the two.....

Comment

• Happy Draft Day everyone. All the heavy hitters (Gosselin, Mayock, McShay, Kiper) have the 49ers taking Blaine Gabbert in their final mocks. We will see. I'm just happy to BBQ and finally end all the speculating.

Forgot to bring up Scott Wright's 3 picks for the 49ers:
                      7. Gabbert
                      45. Johnny Patrick, CB, Louisville
                      76. Kendall Hunter, RB, OK St.

at 45. I would rather have tried to move up a few spots to get Bruce Carter or gone with Justin Houston.
                      Last edited by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?; 04-28-2011, 09:05 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
                        Happy Draft Day everyone. All the heavy hitters (Gosselin, Mayock, McShay, Kiper) have the 49ers taking Blaine Gabbert in their final mocks. We will see. I'm just happy to BBQ and finally end all the speculating.

Forgot to bring up Scott Wright's 3 picks for the 49ers:
                        7. Gabbert
                        45. Johnny Patrick, CB, Louisville
                        76. Kendall Hunter, RB, OK St.

at 45. I would rather have tried to move up a few spots to get Bruce Carter or gone with Justin Houston.
                        HORRIBLE MOCK DRAFT!!!!!

I dont want any QB period but can deal with it in the 2nd or 3rd round but NOT at 7 especially if Peterson, Miller, Prince or Green are still on the board.

I wouldnt go after any RB and instead would wait for FA to start and go after Sproles who I think would be a perfect fit for us. And since Sproles has six accrued seasons, he'll definitely be an UFA.

At 45, I rather have that monster NT Ellis. In the 3-4, NT is equal to the MLB in the 4-3. That guy is massive and sounds like a perfect fit. In the third, I would go after the best pass rushing OLB, another CB (since I would draft Peterson/Prince in the first) or an RG to replace that crapper Rachal. Chances are that we'll still have Lawson for 2011 so no reason to draft an OLB unless a good pass rushing one is there in the third because he'll most likely be a 3rd down player and we already have Brooks for that.

I was hoping that players would be permitted to be traded but it appears that wont be the case at all. Oh well, a few more hours to go and since im in NY and its pouring outside and im already in a crappy ass mood personally, I already know how this day is going to go. LOL.

Either way, hope everyone enjoys the NFL Draft.

Comment

• I just don't see us drafting Gabbert. I haven't seen anything that suggests we will

Comment

• I absolutely HATE Scott's latest mock for the Niners

Comment

• Originally posted by edgrenade View Post
                              I absolutely HATE Scott's latest mock for the Niners
                              Yeah i'm not a huge fan either.
                              Originally posted by 49erNation85
                              I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• UGH!!!

We drafted OLB Aldon Smith with the 7th overall draft pick.

I'm NOT happy (as usual). Another 4-3 DE expected to make the conversion and we'll probably still be stuck with Nate at CB. I would have tried to trade down but if I couldnt, I would have drafted Prince instead.

This guy better do awesome from the start because if he becomes a flop, I can say right now, bye bye Ballke, Harbaugh and company.

NOT ******* HAPPY!!!!!

What a crappy ass day!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information