Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colin Kaepernick!!!!!! I know what my next jersey is going to be. Love the deal SF made to move up.

Comment

• I am definitely okay with this. I would have liked it to be a 4th and a 6th instead but at least we kept our 3rd and other 4th.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
        I personally would have traded down for a 2nd or 3rd, draft Prince and then an OLB later on in the draft. Phillips wanted Smith for HOU and whoever said that Phillips knows his pass rushers, who exactly would that be because he wanted Spencer in DAL and he's average at best and I prefer Lawson over him and Ware was drafted by Parcells so its not him.

Personally, if Wade wanted Smith at 11, I would have stayed far far away from him because while Wade is a good DC, he's not a guy who can find good players in the draft.
        Merriman and Phillips don't count I guess? Spencer had a poor first 2 seasons but has been pretty solid the last two years. Sorry, getting off this subject.

I also love Colin Kapernick, I'm surprised Harbaugh went for him but I can't wait to see his development.

Comment

• I had Kaepernick in my mock going to the Niners in the second. Good move for them; a Harbaugh-hand-picked guy. I believe.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
          Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
            I had Kaepernick in my mock going to the Niners in the second. Good move for them; a Harbaugh-hand-picked guy. I believe.
            I'm on cloud nine right now with this pick. I can't get over it.

Once he's handed the keys, whenever that is, we have a scary talented offense.
            Originally posted by Babylon
            It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

• Not bad compensation, would have been gone if Baalke didn't get aggressive. Harbaugh has some work to do with that delivery, but he has the arm and feet to build something from. Harbaugh must be impressed with the mental aspect or he wouldn't have signed off unlike the first round.

Comment

• JasonLaCanfora:

49ers were verry active on Kaepernick. Explored options in late 1st round, and also spoke to NE and BUF today. They got their man at pick 36

Comment

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
                  JasonLaCanfora:
                  He also reported that they might have taken Dalton last night over Kaepernick if they were able to trade back into the 1st, ahead of Cincy's pick today.

Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

Comment

• Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
                    He also reported that they might have taken Dalton last night over Kaepernick if they were able to trade back into the 1st, ahead of Cincy's pick today.
                    I don't believe that. There were a few opportunities to make a move. They made the move as soon as it was felt he was the next domino to fall. If Dalton was truly wanted more they would give up that little extra.

Comment

• Brandon Harris anyone?

Phlysac, you're the resident defensive back guy - is he going to slide to us? Do we need to move up?

EDIT: opened my damn mouth
                      Last edited by king2am; 04-29-2011, 07:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ViperVisor View Post
                        I don't believe that. There were a few opportunities to make a move. They made the move as soon as it was felt he was the next domino to fall. If Dalton was truly wanted more they would give up that little extra.
                        Jason La Canfora's Twitter:
                        More on the 49ers - hearing if they had reached 1st rd in trade Dalton very well could have been the pick. Unable to get ahead of CIN...

Comment

• Originally posted by king2am View Post
                          Brandon Harris anyone?

Phlysac, you're the resident defensive back guy - is he going to slide to us? Do we need to move up?

EDIT: opened my damn mouth
                          Non-issue now but at 5'9" I wasn't a HUGE fan. Especially with the bigger receivers in the West.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rabscuttle View Post
                            Harbaugh has some work to do with that delivery
                            Thats the interesting thing. His release is elongated as hell and ugly but it's actually lightning fast. It might not need much tweeking. His biggest issue is his footwork. He has great feet (athletically not technically), but his balance and foot angles are often way off and he has been able to overcome it because his arm is so strong.

Comment

• Originally posted by phlysac View Post
                              Non-issue now but at 5'9" I wasn't a HUGE fan. Especially with the bigger receivers in the West.
                              The CB pool is heavily depleted after the 2nd Round. I say the Niners go speed back, big WR, or interior offensive lineman in the 3rd. Perhaps a NT.

Comment

• Originally posted by phlysac View Post
                                Thats the interesting thing. His release is elongated as hell and ugly but it's actually lightning fast. It might not need much tweeking. His biggest issue is his footwork. He has great feet (athletically not technically), but his balance and foot angles are often way off and he has been able to overcome it because his arm is so strong.
                                I wouldn't touch the delivery. Let it be - footwork though, like you said, needs work. But really, what quarterback in this class didn't need that work?

Christian Ponder?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information