X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm hoping for a NT in the 3rd round.

Comment

• Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
      The CB pool is heavily depleted after the 2nd Round. I say the Niners go speed back, big WR, or interior offensive lineman in the 3rd. Perhaps a NT.
      Johnny Patrick in the 3rd would be good with me.
      Originally posted by Babylon
      It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

• Originally posted by king2am View Post
        Johnny Patrick in the 3rd would be good with me.
        Yeah, he's worth a 3rd. Had him as an option in the 3rd in my mock and I like him at that value. Good call.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
        Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
          The CB pool is heavily depleted after the 2nd Round. I say the Niners go speed back, big WR, or interior offensive lineman in the 3rd. Perhaps a NT.
          I actually think CB is pretty deep...

Davon House
          Chimdi Chekwa
          Curtis Brown
          Shareece Wright
          Johnny Patrick
          Brandon Burton
          Jalil Brown
          Curtis Marsh
          etc.

As for speed back... Taiwan Jones. But RB is tremendously deep as well as WR.

NT is very thin but I don't expect one too early.

I'm thinking Taiwan Jones/Kendall Hunter perhaps this round.

Comment

• Originally posted by phlysac View Post
            Thats the interesting thing. His release is elongated as hell and ugly but it's actually lightning fast. It might not need much tweeking. His biggest issue is his footwork. He has great feet (athletically not technically), but his balance and foot angles are often way off and he has been able to overcome it because his arm is so strong.
            Not to mention with his wingspan it's difficult to actually shorten a lot. At least he should be able to get more separation with his legs.

Oh Kaeptain my Kaeptain!

Sorry. Couldn't help myself.

Comment

I actually think CB is pretty deep...

Davon House
              Chimdi Chekwa
              Curtis Brown
              Shareece Wright
              Johnny Patrick
              Brandon Burton
              Jalil Brown
              Curtis Marsh
              etc.

As for speed back... Taiwan Jones. But RB is tremendously deep as well as WR.

NT is very thin but I don't expect one too early.

I'm thinking Taiwan Jones/Kendall Hunter perhaps this round.
              PLEASE PLEASE

Comment

• Corner would be biggest need, but Hankerson is on the board.

Maybe package up some of those lower picks to get another fourth tomorrow. There should be quite a few really nice players available there and how many sixth and seventh rounders do we need to pick?
                Last edited by Rabscuttle; 04-29-2011, 08:26 PM.

Comment

• .........anyone have the compensation for this trade?

EDIT: 80 + 182

Comment

• Chris Culliver

Addresses the corner position, and fits the bill for the bigger frame.

3rd all time in SEC kick return yards

Comment

• Mike Mayock had Culliver rated as a 5th round pick.

Wes Bunting likes the pick:
                      I like #49ers FS Chris Culliver...he can run, fluid and very good athlete, biggest question is instincts, just needs to mature
                      Evan Silva's take:
                      A three-year starter, Culliver has adequate size, quickness, and footwork for safety but struggled at cornerback as a senior. The talent and athleticism there to develop, but Culliver has shown poor instincts in run support and reacting slowly in coverage. He's a long-term project for coordinator Vic Fangio.
                      With Goldson likely being tendered Cuillver could be groomed as future replacement if Goldson walks after next season.
                      Last edited by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?; 04-29-2011, 08:45 PM.

Comment

• We could use significant upgrades at all four defensive backfield spots so more db's please. Don't know much about Culliver but certainly isn't a sure thing.

Comment

• Culliver surprised me but Im happy with adding as many DBs that are 6'+ and run sub 4.4's

We need speed in the secondary desperately

Comment

• So are we looking at Jalil Brown in the 4th, or someone like Taiwan Jones?

Comment

Culliver surprised me but Im happy with adding as many DBs that are 6'+ and run sub 4.4's

We need speed in the secondary desperately
                              I agree with this.

The Niners have now taken 3 "project" players with significant upside. Let's hope we have the coaching in place now to finally develop these prospects, helping them reach their potential.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                              Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Never heard about Culliver, does anyone know anything about him? I think i would have taken Curtis Marsh, Curtis Brown, Johnny Patrick, or Shareece Wright...surprised we picked him.

BTW, it seems like all of our picks have been raw physical specimens. All 3 seem to be projects. Our coaching staff is supposed to be better, they better earn their money.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information