Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep in mind that Linehan said he might regret that decision a week from now, so maybe we'll offer it to him again and he'll change his mind?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Borat Sagdiyev View Post
      Not in this case. If Peppers is available in FA, then he'll be the highest paid defensive player in the NFL. No question about it.
      If Asomugha made it to FA you could say the same.

Comment

• Any other offensive coordinators that we could go after because Clyde Christensen and Rob Chudzinski dont impress me at all???

Ugh.

Comment

• Originally posted by woodyx02 View Post
          Let me ask you guys this, lets say Carolina does slap him with the tag in an attempt to trade him. Do you trade the 10th pick for Peppers? Plus after you make the trade you have to give him Jared Allen money. Is this something you would want or not?
          No I would not give up a top ten pick for Peppers. If it was a future first or a second round pick then yeah. But I do not feel we are in a position of being one player away to give up that high of a pick. Add on top of that handing him a new contract.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
            Any other offensive coordinators that we could go after because Clyde Christensen and Rob Chudzinski dont impress me at all???

Ugh.

They also interviewed the BC Head Coach who was let go. Can't find a link right now though.

Comment

• Originally posted by BandwagonPunditry View Post
              I read the same piece this morning. :P

I totally agree. I've been behind Haralson getting a chance to prove himself. He's got 8 sacks on the season, that's not a bad effort. Certainly not bad enough to suggest that he's the issue with our D's pass rushing problems.

Further to that, I don't get all the love for an OLB with the first pick, I don't think it offers the best upgrade for our defence, or the best positional advantage.
              But where are we going to get the pass rush from? Smith and Haralson are the 49ers only legit rushers. I love Singletary's quote on loading up on pass rushers, just like Bal, and Pitt have done. Just because they have James Harrison does not mean they will pass on a guy like Lamar Woodley. As we saw with the Giants it never hurts to load up on pass rushers.

Also anyone know a site that list pressures as a stat? I am very curious to see where Smith/Haralson rank compared to a guy like Suggs.

Comment

• I think the bc coach interview turned out to be false... What a bummer about linehan. What's he thinking? No way I give up our first for peppers, we still would have to pay him!

Comment

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
                  But where are we going to get the pass rush from? Smith and Haralson are the 49ers only legit rushers. I love Singletary's quote on loading up on pass rushers, just like Bal, and Pitt have done. Just because they have James Harrison does not mean they will pass on a guy like Lamar Woodley. As we saw with the Giants it never hurts to load up on pass rushers.
                  Pittsburgh has a few significant advantages over us in the personnel department. We don't have the advantage of using picks on luxury perks. Lawson has the tools to be a decent pass rusher. We just use him as a coverage 'backer. Haralson deserves a season to see if he can prove himself as a starter.

Even the best LB core can't get pressure if the balls out of the QB's arms. We'd probably see a much better rush if we upgraded our secondary (coverage FS) or if we put a decent NT in the line to occupy blocks.

Also anyone know a site that list pressures as a stat? I am very curious to see where Smith/Haralson rank compared to a guy like Suggs.
                  Yeah, I'd be interested in seeing that too.

Comment

• Originally posted by BandwagonPunditry View Post
                    Even the best LB core can't get pressure if the balls out of the QB's arms. We'd probably see a much better rush if we upgraded our secondary (coverage FS) or if we put a decent NT in the line to occupy blocks.

I agree 155% I think a better secondary and a NT that can penetrate the LOS would help the pass rush. I also dont like the idea of using the 10th pick on a pass rusher but if the T's, Raji and Jenkins are gone and Orakpo or Brown are sitting there I think they have to be the pick unless they can trade out.

I just found out about Linehan Im bummed too. Id be ok with the former BC coach though.

Comment

• IT doesn't sound liek Linehan has completely drawn himself out of the running. He said he is still going to the senior bowl and will do scouting with the Niners and other teams. I would really like to hire him, and if not I think the Browns OC would be the best hire.
                      Originally posted by 49erNation85
                      I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• Out of Haralson's 8 sacks at least 4 of them are coverage sacks. The only reason the 49ers have had a decent amount of sacks in the past two seasons is because the secondary has been good, especially in 2007. Put this secondary on a team like the Steelers or Giants and Clements/Harris/Brown/Spencer are considered the best set of corners in the league, Michael Lewis returns to Pro Bowl form because he gets to play near the LoS, and Mark Roman still sucks.

Comment

• any word on oc and qb coach spot?

Comment

• Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
                            and Mark Roman still sucks.
                            Was there any doubt?

Originally posted by chapo123 View Post
                            any word on oc and qb coach spot?
                            No. Whoever they bring in at OC will be bringing their own QB coach to be their future successor, so that the team actually has some stability in their playbook, instead of a new one each year.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Well, Linehan already said no. Who else are we seriously looking at?

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• I think they need to open it up to more candidates at this point. I believe they originally assumed they would be able to lock in one of the 4 they liked the best, but now arguable the top 2 candidates haven't taken the job.

I like Rathman as a RB coach, but I don't think he has the necessary coordinator play-calling and improvisation skills to be an elite OC option.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                                Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information