Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats true about Clay Matthews. I would not mind seeing him taken in the late rounds. I did see Cushing take it to Jake Long though a couple years ago.
    Originally posted by 49erNation85
    I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
      Thats true about Clay Matthews. I would not mind seeing him taken in the late rounds. I did see Cushing take it to Jake Long though a couple years ago.
      ya, but even with jake long, he was praised more as a run blocker than a pass blocker. which might be the same with loadholt, but orakpo wrecked on him

Comment

Orakpo in the first, Loadholt in the second? At this point, this would pretty much be my dream draft. Of course, things will change, draft position etc.
        The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

I would be down with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Borat Sagdiyev View Post
            Orakpo in the first, Loadholt in the second? At this point, this would pretty much be my dream draft. Of course, things will change, draft position etc.
            that would be awesome, i think loadholt would play RT though. then maybe a QB ow WR in the third?

Comment

Originally posted by rainbeaukid2 View Post
              maybe a QB...in the third?
              No. The success rate of a 2nd round or 3rd round QB pick is awful.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by rainbeaukid2 View Post
                that would be awesome, i think loadholt would play RT though. then maybe a QB ow WR in the third?
                For sure. I don't see Loadholt as a LT. Honestly, I just want us to address the OL/DL (again). I liked that we did it this year, although it doesn't do us any good that these kids are essentially red-shirting this year. If we build our lines up to be the strongest part of our team, the rest will fall in place.
                The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                  No. The success rate of a 2nd round or 3rd round QB pick is awful.
                  oh, i was not aware. but are you going to tell me, that besides the late round gems in romo the **** and brady, every good qb in the nfl was taken in the first round? and here in san francisco, the first round rate isn't all that good either

Comment

I think Cushing might fit better next to Willis, in the 3-4.

Comment

Originally posted by edgrenade View Post
                      No I think he is a way better fit as a 3-4 Sam. Yeah Loadholt would have to play RT in the NFL. I would definitly be down with Orakpo. My fear is that if he goes pro he will probably tear it up at the combine, to the point where he could jump into the top five.

Comment

Any chance we could lock in a good OC for 4 years and work with Alex ?

I havent given up on him (unlike most here who thought JTO the saviour). Alex is still 24/25 with 4 years experience, hes clearly wants to stay (he attends QB meetings mid week) and he still has tremendous upside if he could get some stability in QB coach / OC.

If his shoulder can get back to 100% he's still our best QB

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me

Comment

Originally posted by ninerfan View Post

I havent given up on him (unlike most here who thought JTO the saviour). Alex is still 24/25 with 4 years experience, hes clearly wants to stay (he attends QB meetings mid week) and he still has tremendous upside if he could get some stability in QB coach / OC.

What about Lane Kiffin for OC? Only if we know if Martz is going to leave, though.

Comment

The thought of another OC bothers me. I am kind of indifferent about Martz but I'd rather have him than another OC.

By the way, for those who want Brady Quinn: http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_10757220. Supposedly, the Vikes offered Cleveland their '09 and 2010 first rounders for Quinn and the Browns declined:
                            Word is the Vikings offered the Browns their 2009 and 2010 first-round draft picks for quarterback Brady Quinn, but Cleveland, after consideration, said no thanks.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by edgrenade View Post
                              cushing is much better at OLB as was showin in USC's last game where Rey sat out and they had to move cushing to MLB and he was constantly out of position. he would be much better at SAM which would mean that we would have to move Lawson to rush backer, god forbid we actually send him on a blitz

Comment

Originally posted by ninerfan View Post

I share the same thoughts with you on Alex. I think with Nolan gone there is a good chance of him coming back. What do we have to lose? We have already payed him over $25 million. There aren't a lot of QB options on the open market and Alex would come back at a reduced price. It is a lot better then running a rookie QB out there and getting him killed.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information