Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not going to complain about Hunter. He could do really well for us.

Comment

• Kendall Hunter, RB, OK State. Didn't think he was going to make it this far. A few teams gave him a 2nd round grade . Excited to add some speed to the backfield.

Comment

• Marecic off the board. Shall we take a 290 pound converted fullback?
        http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...-fullback.html

Comment

• Love, love, love the Hunter pick.
          The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
            Marecic off the board. Shall we take a 290 pound converted fullback?
            http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...-fullback.html
            Sweet Zombie Jesus. He runs a 4.72, that's some explosion for a man that size. I'd hate to be a 3-4 Ted and have to deal with that for 30 carries.

Comment

• No pick till the 6th round, where we will have 7 picks left.

Comment

• 49ers trade up for Daniel Kilgore, G, Appalachian St. 6'4 308 lbs.
                Wes Bunting on Kilgore:
                Can't say I think much of #49ers pick Dan Kilgore as a prospect, but he is the nastiest OL I saw all year, mean son of a gun
                Will fit in well with Davis.

Trade details:
                The 49ers sent 6th round (#174 overall) and 7th round (#231 overall) to Green Bay to move up to 163.
                Rotoworld's take:
                San Francisco surrendered the No. 174 and No. 231 picks to move up and take Kilgore, who is extremely raw but has great upside. His technique needs an overhaul, but he was known as a fierce, even nasty, competitor during his time in college. Thanks to only average athleticism, however, he's going to need a lot of coaching before he's ready to join the Niners rotation along their offensive line.
                ESPN.com
                He is a limited athlete but is a tough as they come and plays with a nasty disposition. In addition he has enough short-area quickness and strength to develop as an effective reserve.
                Last edited by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?; 04-30-2011, 02:43 PM.

Comment

• Grab that fullback you mentioned or draft that powerlifter freak dt and convert him. Iupati, Baas, Kilgore and Davis is some nastiness in the run game. CK's fast so he can just run for his life on passing plays. Byham and Davis for running out of the two tight end set.

Comment

• Just my opinion -

It seems like every draft pick is a prospect with the wait and see develop approach which isnt a bad thing but the question is will these guys develop while Harbaugh is still the head coach? If guys take years to develop and we continue our losing trend, I dont see the current coaching staff being around in a few years to finally see if the years it took to develop these guys paid off.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                      Just my opinion -

It seems like every draft pick is a prospect with the wait and see develop approach which isnt a bad thing but the question is will these guys develop while Harbaugh is still the head coach? If guys take years to develop and we continue our losing trend, I dont see the current coaching staff being around in a few years to finally see if the years it took to develop these guys paid off.
                      Well, Harbaugh is signed for 5 years, so he has at least a solid 3 year plan going at this point. Maybe these guys won't reach their potential in the first year or two, but by year 3, they should have a real good idea on where they're going to fit in on the team, if they haven't yet been replaced by another player on the depth chart with more talent/potential.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                      Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• One thing to pay attention to with this draft class is Thaddeus Gibson, a 3rd Round pick of the Steelers last year that the Niners plucked off of waivers. He was inactive for the remaining games last year as an investment in the future. If he could develop as an outside pass-rusher, that adds another guy to the mix that is basically like having another draft pick from this class. The move was made before Harbaugh, but I'm interested to see if he sticks around.

Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

Comment

• I'm not a huge Ronald Johnson fan, but we need some competition at receiver and he can be productive. Receiver could be an early target in next year's draft.

Comment

• As a big USC fan, I've seen a lot of Johnson and I absolutely love this pick. He can start day 1 in the slot

Comment

• I'm with edge here. Johnson was one of my favorite receivers in the draft. Getting him in the 6th was crazy value, imo

Comment

• So does this mean the likely end for Ted Ginn or Kyle Williams? I liked Williams as a prospect and the value he was in the 5th last year. He looked very fluid with good hands at the combine. I have to go back and look at Johnson's workouts again so I can learn more about him. Glad some of you who follow USC like him.

Still want them to address the D-Line depth in this draft, with a developmental NT or a 3/4 DE who has fallen. Some good prospects still on the board.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information