Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't mean to come across as bashing Crabtree. My history has shown that I support him as a 49er. But UGH....

Crabtree didn't workout with teammates today because his new shoes hurt his feet.

Comment

• When given opportunity to show what he's about, he consistantly has.

Comment

• In my opinion this is EASILY the best news coming from Camp Alex thus far...

(Delanie) Walker lost 15 pounds from last season and expects to work more as a slot receiver this year.
        BEAUTIFUL!!!
        Last edited by phlysac; 06-07-2011, 09:50 PM.

Comment

• That could be interesting if he's quicker and crisper with his routes as well. I think most fans have hopes that the new coaching staff will be better at exploiting mismatches and Walker would be a handful in the slot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rabscuttle View Post
            When given opportunity to show what he's about, he consistantly has.
            Sounds about right. He has no work ethic.
            The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Originally posted by phlysac View Post
              I don't mean to come across as bashing Crabtree. My history has shown that I support him as a 49er. But UGH....

Crabtree didn't workout with teammates today because his new shoes hurt his feet.
              LOL every day it seems like Nicks is looking like the player we should have gotten.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
              -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
              Originally posted by Borat
              Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• Sore feet Day #2

Comment

• I'm not sure what to think about all of the 49ers O-Linemen losing weight this offseason.

The skinny on the 49ers offensive line

One of the issues raised by the lockout has been the conditioning of players who, in a normal offseason, would be three months into a team-run strength and conditioning program. That is, without team supervision, would players balloon during the offseason and fall out of shape?

Judging from the group of 49ers who have been practicing at San Jose State this week, the answer is an emphatic no. Each of the four veteran offensive linemen in attendance this week actually has lost weight during the offseason. That's including Adam Snyder, who was listed at 325 pounds in last year's media guide but who says he about 298 pounds today.

When's the last time he was sub-300 pounds? His sophomore - possibly his freshman - year of college. Snyder said the only thing he's doing differently this year is monitoring his diet more effectively. "Just portion control," he said. "Big guys usually eat until they're full. I guess I just stopped doing that - protein shakes, that kind of stuff."

Snyder has company. Joe Staley (listed at 315 pounds) said that when he entered the league in 2007, his goal was to pack on as much weight as possible. Now he's back to weighing a little more than 300 pounds, which he says allows him to maintain his quickness. He says he's stronger than he's ever been.

Anthony Davis (listed at 323), meanwhile, struggled to keep up with his cohorts at this time last year. That's not a problem this year. He said he hired a personal strength coach this offseason and has been packing on muscle while dropping weight. Snyder said that Mike Iupati (listed at 331) also has lost weight this offseason.

One possible explanation, Snyder said, is the company they keep. In a normal offseason, the offensive linemen would work out amongst themselves. This year, they're mixing with players at different positions.

"It's more of a competition," he said. "We're working out with guys like Justin (Smith) and d-line guys. And I see them work hard, so that makes me work hard. Patrick Willis was out here for a couple of weeks. Watching those guys work out, it pushes you a little harder. That might be part of it."
                  http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archiv...inny-on-t.html

I especially happy that Davis has lost weight and gained muscle, but Snyder under 300? Staley just over 300? Harbaugh is still a Power-Running guy.

Time will tell.

Comment

• We should have a pool on tomorrow's excuse. Dibs on cramps/fall lineup hitting the shelves.

Comment

• Dibs on injuries that won't be reported until the end of the series.

Comment

• Dibs on PMS and/or yeast infection
                        The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Damn Crabtree. And people wondered why I was hoping for Green in the draft. Oh well. My vote for his next bullcrap excuse will be crabs. Hahaha.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                            Damn Crabtree. And people wondered why I was hoping for Green in the draft. Oh well. My vote for his next bullcrap excuse will be crabs. Hahaha.
                            Why would you want A.J. Green? Stockpiling on receivers year after year isn't the way to go. Especially when you don't have a proven quarterback on the roster. Just ask Detroit. It's not like we don't have anyone at all. Vernon Davis gives at least one go-to guy. I'm not a fan of Crabtree's apparent attitude that I've heard of, but at the same time he's not required to attend these unofficial "get togethers". I'm sure there are a lot of others players with better reputations that have done the same thing.

Honestly though we really won't be able to gauge Crabtree and everyone else's full potential until we get someone that can deliver them the ball. It's rare that a receiver shines without a good passer. Can't all be Calvin Johnson.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                            -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                            Originally posted by Borat
                            Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• Comment

• Nice article on the TEs.....

To be sure, none of the tight ends on that Stanford roster are anything like Davis or Walker. And, certainly, none of them could move out space in the running game like Davis or Nate Byham, San Francisco’s sixth-round draft pick in 2010 who had a strong rookie season complementing the two athletic tight ends ahead of him on the depth chart.

With those three players all back for the 2011 season, the tight end position rates as one of the strongest areas not only on the San Francisco offense in particular, but on the entire team in general.
                                http://sfo.scout.com/2/1078929.html

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information