Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As usual Dan suggests we re-sign everyone on our team and sign two of the three top free agents available.
    Originally posted by 49erNation85
    I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
      As usual Dan suggests we re-sign everyone on our team and sign two of the three top free agents available.
      Did you really expect anything different bud??? LOL. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
        As usual Dan suggests we re-sign everyone on our team and sign two of the three top free agents available.
        Who doesn't when they mock up FA signings for their team?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Barrows
          In demand: FA linebacker Takeo Spikes says he's being courted by San Diego, Tennessee, Seattle and St. Louis. SF a distant 5th at the moment
          Interesting thought he was a priority looks like it's Bowman time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Verloren View Post
            Who doesn't when they mock up FA signings for their team?
            People who's heads are on planet earth.

Comment

• Originally posted by edgrenade View Post
              which is the WR they were talking about pre draft as a sleeper?

They brought him in, and I think he was really fast. Not sure...

Anyone know who I am talking about?
              Not sure who you have in mind for sure. These are the WRs the 49ers brought in prior to the draft...

Sean Creadick, WR, UC Davis
              Joe Hastings, WR, Washburn
              Julio Jones, WR, Alabama
              Jordan Watson, WR, Harding
              Raymond Webber, WR, Arkansas Pine Bluff

Comment

• TKO signed with SD :( Going to miss TKO's energy and presence.

Matt Maiocco had these tweets:
                49ers are fully prepared to pay to keep S Dashon Goldson. They'll go higher to sign him than any of their defensive free agents
                49ers are focusing on re-signing DE Ray McDonald and are prepared to lose NT Aubrayo Franklin and OLB Manny Lawson.
                Interested to see how much the 49ers are willing to pay for Goldson since the Raiders are rumored to be in the bidding for him.

We can scratch Ike Taylor off our want list:
                @AdamSchefter: Pittsburgh reached agreement with veteran cornerback Ike Taylor on a four-year deal.

Comment

• Looks like we still have a lot of cap room to work with. Maybe were trying to lure in Nnamdi or Joesph?

Comment

• NNAMDI NNAMDI NNAMDI NNAMDI NNAMDI!!!

Comment

• ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This This a Thousand times YES!!!!

Comment

• Baalke would sumbit himself as a legit GM in this business if he can land Nnamdi. First Harbaugh, then Nnamdi. Would be so awesome!

Comment

• I really hope the niners get outbid for Goldson.
                          Last edited by Menardo75; 07-26-2011, 10:56 PM.

Comment

• I dont even want Asomugha. He's 30 years old and while he's in my opinion the best cover corner in the league, he should be going to a team like the Ravens who are a legitimate Super Bowl contender as opposed to a 49ers team who needs younger players to build around.

Instead of paying the $15m or so per season, I would rather see us sign Joseph and Marshall and then release Clements and Spencer which would more or less break even. As for Goldson, I like him but I dont think that he's worth more than Lawson in my opinion. Goldson and the rest of the secondary were beat time and time again and I would replace my starting CB's and Goldson if he wants to much money. The only player I wouldnt replace would be Mays since he's only entering his second season.

Surprised Spikes went to SD but he should fit in well there. I'm happy that Bowman can start at ILB next to Willis but I would still like to see us sign a veteran backup just in case.

Yanda re-signed with the Ravens so he's gone and thus far, the only move we have made is re-signing Alex Smith to a one year $5m deal. Oh well.

Comment

• I'm surprised at the former Oregon QB pickup.With so many spread option QB on the team it just doesn't look good.We need a strong pocket passer dang it!Jeremiah Masoli isn't even that good a passing QB IMO.Looks like we are done for another year.I just don't get why are not getting big name guys who are in FA for key positions that could possibly left team into post season.

Comment

• I actually prefer Jonathan Joseph over Nnamdi.

He'll be cheaper, and he'll be able to play a lot longer at a higher level.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information