This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^^^^^ Me too.

I would love Joseph but also want Marshall too since he's a solid CB who'll fly under the radar. I love to see us sign both and then release Clements and Spencer. Joseph and Marshall would be huge upgrades in my opinion over Clements and Spencer.

Comment

• Originally posted by 49erNation85 View Post
      I'm surprised at the former Oregon QB pickup.With so many spread option QB on the team it just doesn't look good.We need a strong pocket passer dang it!Jeremiah Masoli isn't even that good a passing QB IMO.Looks like we are done for another year.I just don't get why are not getting big name guys who are in FA for key positions that could possibly left team into post season.
      I hope you realize that FA hasn't officially started yet and that all of these moves you're hearing are just rumor. Who are all of these big name players that the 49ers havent gotten?

Comment

• Originally posted by edgrenade View Post
        I actually prefer Jonathan Joseph over Nnamdi.

He'll be cheaper, and he'll be able to play a lot longer at a higher level.
        Not necessarily. He has a foot issue that has prevented him from playing a full season in 5 of his last 7 seasons.

Comment

• Originally posted by phlysac View Post
          I hope you realize that FA hasn't officially started yet and that all of these moves you're hearing are just rumor. Who are all of these big name players that the 49ers havent gotten?
          Actually, it has started but players cant officially sign the contracts until Friday but with teams announcing terms, I dont see any player backing out and changing their mind. Charles Johnson was one of them coming off a good season and cashed in by staying with CAR and Marshal Yanda cashed in to with $7m a season to stay in BAL. Ike Taylor stayed in PIT with a four year deal. Granted, none of them are top tier but I think the top tier players will sign late tomorrow which gives them an extra day to get to the team's facility to sign their contract.

Originally posted by phlysac View Post
          Not necessarily. He has a foot issue that has prevented him from playing a full season in 5 of his last 7 seasons.
          Hmmmm, Joseph has only played five seasons. He's played in 67 games out of a possible 80 games and started 58 of them. And he did play a full season back in 2009. 16 games played, 16 games started. Joseph has 14 career interceptions. Not great but not horrible either. Marshall has played in 80 of 80 games starting 46 with 14 career interceptions too.

Either way, both Joseph and Marshall would be an upgrade over who we have starting at CB now and that in itself would be a huge plus.

Comment

• All I want is Richard Marshall from Carolina.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
            -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
            Originally posted by Borat
            Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
              I really hope the niners get outbid for Goldson.
              LOL. With our luck it won't happen.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
              -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
              Originally posted by Borat
              Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ness View Post
                All I want is Richard Marshall from Carolina.
                I don't undestand the love for Marshall. He's a Cover 2 CB who gives up too many big plays. He rated one of the worst CBs for his "burn-rate" http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl-wp2995. I've never been impressed with him as a starting CB. If we're going after secondary help, I'd rather be guys like Joseph, Weddle, or Danieal Manning. And if we go for second-tier CBs, it should be for younger guys who are still devloping and have yet to maximum their talents. Young guys like Chris Houston or Eric Wright.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                  Actually, it has started but players cant officially sign the contracts until Friday but with teams announcing terms, I dont see any player backing out and changing their mind. Charles Johnson was one of them coming off a good season and cashed in by staying with CAR and Marshal Yanda cashed in to with $7m a season to stay in BAL. Ike Taylor stayed in PIT with a four year deal. Granted, none of them are top tier but I think the top tier players will sign late tomorrow which gives them an extra day to get to the team's facility to sign their contract.
                  But he was speaking about all the big name players the 49ers have lost out on. Who?

Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                  Hmmmm, Joseph has only played five seasons. He's played in 67 games out of a possible 80 games and started 58 of them. And he did play a full season back in 2009. 16 games played, 16 games started.
                  As long as you realize that bodily injury/wear-and-tear can occur pre-NFL then we're good.

Joseph developed the foot issue in 2004 for the Gamecocks.

2004 - Missed 9 Games
                  2005 - Missed 2 Games
                  2006 - Missed 0 Games
                  2007 - Missed 1 Game
                  2008 - Missed 8 Games
                  2009 - Missed 0 Games
                  2010 - Missed 4 Games

Do I think we should avoid him because of this? ABSOLUTELY NOT. I was just pointing out that age (Asomugah vs. Joseph) isn't always the most important thing to consider when evaluating longevity.

Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                  Either way, both Joseph and Marshall would be an upgrade over who we have starting at CB now and that in itself would be a huge plus.
                  Completely agree

Comment

• Originally posted by VAfy-ya View Post
                    I don't undestand the love for Marshall. He's a Cover 2 CB who gives up too many big plays. He rated one of the worst CBs for his "burn-rate" http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl-wp2995. I've never been impressed with him as a starting CB. If we're going after secondary help, I'd rather be guys like Joseph, Weddle, or Danieal Manning. And if we go for second-tier CBs, it should be for younger guys who are still devloping and have yet to maximum their talents. Young guys like Chris Houston or Eric Wright.
                    Well-said.

Does Marshall still get Fresno-love? I'm not sure his name gets alot of top mention outside of the media talking heads.

Comment

• @mattbarrows Breaking: Center David Baas has agreed to terms with the Giants, according to a league source.
                      NOOOOOOOO /Vader voice....frigging stunned they let him walk. Thought for sure he was staying.

Comment

• Guess we'll have to see how much he's getting paid before deciding if it was better to let him walk.

Really disappointing though.

Comment

• But now we have 1 guy who has ever taken a snap in his career... Tony Wragge.

Add Daniel Kilgore, Mike Person, Adam Snyder, and Chase Beeler.

O-Line continuity FTMFW!

Comment

• Oh wait...Doesn't Baas have a copy of the playbook?

Comment

• He sure does

I don't think that is nearly as big of a deal as we're made to believe, however.

Comment

• Wow, we're ****** now. Did not even once consider not having Baas at C this year. This is a huuuuuge mistake. Welcome Chase Beeler. Hope you're a diamond in the rough.
                                The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information