X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All makes sense now. 49ers gearing up for run towards Nnamdi
    http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archiv...-49ers-ma.html

Harbaugh/Baakle trying to hit a home run this off-season.

Other tidbits:
    Bye bye Carr
    MaioccoCSN
    Source tells CSN Bay Area that 49ers will release QB David Carr on Thurs at 1 pm. Carr was scheduled to take up $2.375 million in cap room.
    Marc Bulger would be a nice addition to fill Carr's spot and give SF some that can keep them competitive if Alex falters.

Matt Barrows reports 49ers will look at Olin Kreutz if Bears choose not to retain him.
    Last edited by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?; 07-27-2011, 11:27 AM.

Comment

• http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...a-sweepstakes/

Another link to Nnamdi possibly becoming a 49er. While I would be happy and impressed at the same time, I would also be worried that he would turn into another Clements in a few years.

And pissed we let Baas leave. Any centers who are RFA's? Veteran wise, O'Hara wouldnt be bad as a one year stop gap and Heitmann being gone for 2011 definitely hurts more than it did when it was announced.

As for CB Joseph, I thought you meant during his NFL career which is why I responded. Didnt kno you added in his college run too. Sorry.

Comment

• P.S. Would still love Marshall to replace Spencer. :)

Any combination of Asomugha/Joseph/Marshall > Clements/Spencer easily.

Comment

• WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?,

That is some good news about Carr and a FA pick up.Our secondary needs help big time and this would be a huge pick up.

Part of Dan's wish list of Homes is not gonna happen he is staying a Jet.I think our WR set are just fine right now.It should be interesting if we get any more FA on the offense side of the ball.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
            http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...a-sweepstakes/

Another link to Nnamdi possibly becoming a 49er. While I would be happy and impressed at the same time, I would also be worried that he would turn into another Clements in a few years.
            Only thing he would have in common with Clements is the type of pay. Clements has never had the accolades of multiple Pro Bowls and All-Pro teams that Nnamdi has had. Clear cut top 3 CB.

Listed to Matt Barrows on the 95.7 Sports
            -He said 49ers envision having a big secondary with Nnamdi and Goldson as the key pieces. So SF look to have enough cash to resign both.
            -Keep an eye on Nick Barnett if he is let go on Thursday. Barnett would remind me of the way SF got TKO a few years back.
            -49ers resigned Tony Wragge to one-year deal.
            Last edited by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?; 07-27-2011, 11:55 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
              Only thing he would have in common with Clements is the type of pay. Clements has never had the accolades of multiple Pro Bowls and All-Pro teams that Nnamdi has had. Clear cut top 3 CB.
              True and I honestly think that Nnamdi is the BEST cover CB in the league. Revis is overrated in my opinion. Put Revis on a crappy defense and no one would even know who he is. And I just hope that if we sign Nnamdi, he'll stay at the same level of play for at least a few years.

*now if only we can trade Clements to PHI for Samuel. LOL. The best cover corner and the best playmaking corner. I like it, I like it a lot. LOL.*

Comment

• Barnett was actually on my list months ago but being 30 and coming off an injury, I removed him. If he can get back to his pre-injury form, him and Willis would be awesome but one thing that would be bad is that would show me they have little to no confidence in Bowman starting and thats not good.

Comment

• Here's a question...

I know the salary cap is $120m but how much cap room do the 49ers have?

Comment

• Per Adam Schefter on twitter Frank Gore planning to hold out come training camp.
                    Last edited by Menardo75; 07-27-2011, 02:03 PM.
                    Originally posted by 49erNation85
                    I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
                      Per Adam Schefter on twitter Frank Gore planning to hold on come training camp.
                      You mean hold out???

Comment

• Also the Niners are going to try Masoli as a RB.

Comment

• Best part of his game was his running skill. 5'11 220 is also better suited for the position.

Comment

• Am I the only guy who'd rather have Joesph than Namdi? Don't get me wrong, NA would be a HUGE get but at 30 years old, and at the price he will command I just think its too much. He's the kind of peice you add to get over the hump. We havent even found the hump yet. Our defense still has too many holes. Adding one shutdown CB doesn't automatically negate them and now we're a upper echelon defense. Joespeh is younger, cheaper, and is ever improving. And allows you to use less cap so you can maybe persue a pass-rusher.

Honestly, I think its a smokescreen. We might be clearing cap space to sign Franklin because negiotations with McDonald might not be going well. Lot of different scenerios might be taking place. It just seems like over-reaction because the fanbase is watching all of our free agents go elsewhere and they(FO) feel the need for a big signing as a knee jerk reaction.

Comment

• This week couldn't be any more hectic.

Losing Baas hurts, and giving Gore a long term contract isn't a great idea. When's the last time hes played a full season?

We gottta get Nnamdi!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by phlysac View Post
                                Best part of his game was his running skill. 5'11 220 is also better suited for the position.
                                I agree I have always thought his future was at RB or Safety.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information