Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know what we plan on doing with Franklin/Lawson? I haven't heard much of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by hawkeye123 View Post
      Anyone know what we plan on doing with Franklin/Lawson? I haven't heard much of them.
      All I know is that Franklin is rumored to be going to Kansas City.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
      -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
      Originally posted by Borat
      Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• Originally posted by hawkeye123 View Post
        This week couldn't be any more hectic.

Losing Baas hurts, and giving Gore a long term contract isn't a great idea. When's the last time hes played a full season?

We gottta get Nnamdi!!!
        Well Gore has played in at least 14 games per year since he's become a starter except last year when he played in 11. You have to think about his situation though. It's been downright awful. He's played his entire career on a team without a legitimate quarterback and faced a lot of eight man fronts. Part of me wouldn't mind seeing him leave...then maybe he'd have a chance to play with a real quarterback that can take some pressure off of him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ness View Post
          Well Gore has played in at least 14 games per year since he's become a starter except last year when he played in 11. You have to think about his situation though. It's been downright awful. He's played his entire career on a team without a legitimate quarterback and faced a lot of eight man fronts. Part of me wouldn't mind seeing him leave...then maybe he'd have a chance to play with a real quarterback that can take some pressure off of him.
          Very true. But you dont holdout after a injury. He has NO leverage. Makes me think there's more to his hip then he and his agent are letting on. Like he's trying for one more payday. More power to him, but I can't see Baalke falling for it, especially with two good young RBs on the roster. And one of those being a Gore clone(running style that is) with more speed.

Comment

• Source tells CSN Bay Area that 49ers will release QB David Carr on Thurs at 1 pm. Carr was scheduled to take up $2.375 million in cap room.
            Good riddance

Comment

• does anyone else get excited or butterflies in the stomach when thinking about Aso coming across the bridge? i haven't had this feeling in a LONG LONG time lol

also the Nate Clements comparisons, stop them.. please. although he was good corner when we got him, he wasn't best in the league type corner.

Comment

• Bye-bye Nate

MaioccoCSN Just received word from source that 49ers have informed Nate Clements they are releasing him

Comment

• Originally posted by VAfy-ya View Post
                  Very true. But you dont holdout after a injury. He has NO leverage. Makes me think there's more to his hip then he and his agent are letting on. Like he's trying for one more payday. More power to him, but I can't see Baalke falling for it, especially with two good young RBs on the roster. And one of those being a Gore clone(running style that is) with more speed.
                  I'm not talking about his holdout though. I'm talking about him starting a good amount of game since he's been a starter and the situation he's been in.

As far as his holdout is concerned I wouldn't mind seeing him leave as he might have a chance to play with an established offense with a real quarterback. At the same time it would be nice to have him back. So whatever happens, happens. Dixon might be able to shoulder the load. At least be a 1,000 yard runner. Hopefully.

Comment

• Sorry Nate we couldn't help you out during your tenure here. You were really good your first two seasons in San Francisco.

Comment

• Its time to kick some ASO!

Comment

• Andrew Brandt said via twitter that a player is fined $30,000 for each day he holds out. They get a 1 day grace period this year, though.

Comment

• I won't jump off a bridge if we don't throw the bank at Asomugah. But if we don't come away with him or Joseph, it'll be a really rough pill.

Shawntae Spencer and Tarell Brown as NFL starting CBs??? OUCH!

Comment

• Originally posted by phlysac View Post
                            I won't jump off a bridge if we don't throw the bank at Asomugah. But if we don't come away with him or Joseph, it'll be a really rough pill.

Shawntae Spencer and Tarell Brown as NFL starting CBs??? OUCH!
                            true that. we're really putting our eggs in the FA basket for a change, i kinda like it

Comment

• Clements HASN'T been released. Just read that both the Niners and his agent are denying those reports. Re-signed McDonald, 5- year, 20 mil....very reasonable rate for a young, soon to be starting 3-4 DE. And is anyone else as baffled as me as to how we start training camp tommorrow with only 2 QBs on the roster?

Comment

• Originally posted by VAfy-ya View Post
                                Clements HASN'T been released. Just read that both the Niners and his agent are denying those reports. Re-signed McDonald, 5- year, 20 mil....very reasonable rate for a young, soon to be starting 3-4 DE. And is anyone else as baffled as me as to how we start training camp tommorrow with only 2 QBs on the roster?
                                so he wasnt even TOLD he will be released?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information