Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This whole Nnamdi sweepstakes thing feels like the Harbaugh sweepstakes all over again.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
      Excluding 2004, Peterson only missed 6 games in fives seasons and after the 2004 season, the team franchised him and then signed Nolan to be the HC who was converting the defense from a 4-3 to a 3-4 so thats on the team 100%.
      Well, excluding an entire season defeats the purpose of the argument. Also, holding out after ending the season on IR with a potentially career threatening achilles rupture HAS to alleviate at least some of the burden from the team. I digress, though. No need to continue rehashing wounds from the Donahue-era.

Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
      Haralson is average at best. He's slightly better than Lawson as a pass rusher but not as good in run or pass coverage. Overall, Lawson is the better player and I would rather see him start opposite Aldon Smith but whatever.
      I agree but it doesn't seem to be in the realm of reality right now. I'm trying to be positive about what the team "will" look like, more than what I wish the team "could" look like.

Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
      We'll see what happens tomorrow in regards to Asomugha, Clements and everyone else.
      I hope tomorrow brings much great news for the Niner Nation.

Comment

• i think if some good news does come in the morning, beer chugging all around

Comment

• I'd be pretty happy with a FA and trading period of..

-QB Dennis Dixon or Josh Johnson. Both seem to fit the mold of athletic QB's Harbaugh likes. If Dixon's an UFA it gives him the edge over Johnson, who is still under contract with TB.

-WR James Jones or Malcolm Floyd.

-C Jonathin Goodwin or Olin Kreutz (weak Center market after Baas..)

-NT Chris Hoke or Kelly Gregg (big fan of Ian Williams, but it will take time to make an impact)

and finally...- CB Nnamdi, Jonathan Joseph, Carlos Rogers, or Richard Marshall.

Depending how we feel about Bowman..- ILB Nick Barnett

Assuming we re-sign Goldson to go along with Alex and McDonald. Except for maybe Nnamdi, i believe Harbaugh and his system will help us win more games this year than any one FA will.
          Last edited by 49ersfan_87; 07-27-2011, 11:26 PM.

Comment

• I'll never forget those games where Peterson would point with both thumbs at his name on his shoulders every time he made a play...

Comment

• Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
              I'd be pretty happy with a FA and trading period of..

-QB Dennis Dixon or Josh Johnson. Both seem to fit the mold of athletic QB's Harbaugh likes. If Dixon's an UFA it gives him the edge over Johnson, who is still under contract with TB.

-WR James Jones or Malcolm Floyd.

-C Jonathin Goodwin or Olin Kreutz (weak Center market after Baas..)

-NT Chris Hoke or Kelly Gregg (big fan of Ian Williams, but it will take time to make an impact)

and finally...- CB Nnamdi, Jonathan Joseph, Carlos Rogers, or Richard Marshall.

Depending how we feel about Bowman..- ILB Nick Barnett

Assuming we re-sign Goldson to go along with Alex and McDonald. Except for maybe Nnamdi, i believe Harbaugh and his system will help us win more games this year than any one FA will.
              Johnson
              Jones
              Kreutz
              Neither
              Asomugha would be great but I would rather get Joseph and Marshall who with the release of Clements and Spencer and the cost of Asomugha would even things out. Rogers agreed with WSH or some other team. Cant remember but I know he agreed to a contract.
              Barnett wouldnt be bad but if we're going to sign a starting ILB, I want Stephen Tulloch. Cant believe that he hasnt agreed to terms with any team yet.

And just in case we dont re-sign Goldson, any other FS available?

Comment

• Originally posted by hawkeye123 View Post
                This whole Nnamdi sweepstakes thing feels like the Harbaugh sweepstakes all over again.
                We want Nnamdi (clap, clap, clap, clap, clap) We want Nnamdi (clap, clap, clap, clap, clap). We want Nnamdi (clap, clap, clap, clap)

Comment

• Originally posted by hawkeye123 View Post
                  This whole Nnamdi sweepstakes thing feels like the Harbaugh sweepstakes all over again.
                  Lets hope it ends up the same way.
                  Originally posted by 49erNation85
                  I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                    And just in case we dont re-sign Goldson, any other FS available?
                    No one special. Unless Dawan Landry counts. I can't remember if he played more of a free safety or strong safety role in Baltimore.

EDIT: Nevermind. Apparently Landry is heading towards Jacksonville.
                    Last edited by Ness; 07-28-2011, 02:24 AM.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                    -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                    Originally posted by Borat
                    Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• Originally posted by edgrenade View Post
                      I'll never forget those games where Peterson would point with both thumbs at his name on his shoulders every time he made a play...
                      I will never forget the wildcard game against the Giants where the niners came back to win it when Jules grabbed Shockey by the back of the jersey after he did a hitch route and pulled him down, then made an interception. The refs didn't see it so it looked like a great play by Peterson.

It seems like if we cut ties with Franklin and Clements that should free up enough cap space to sign Namdi sicne both of those guys were getting I think 10mil each.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goon61 View Post
                        It seems like if we cut ties with Franklin and Clements that should free up enough cap space to sign Namdi sicne both of those guys were getting I think 10mil each.
                        Cutting Clements alone would reportedly free up more than $17 Million from the cap this season.

Comment

• There's been talk about LaBoy returning as well.

Comment

• All 10 draft picks are signed!!! All available for beginning of camp this morning.

Incredible job Mr. Marathe!!!

Now let's get these FA's taken care of.

Comment

• Sidney Rice. Go get a corner. BLAAAAAAAAAA.
                              "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

• Originally posted by gpngc View Post
                                Sidney Rice. Go get a corner. BLAAAAAAAAAA.
                                We need a corner. But Tavaris Jackson to Sidney Rice never scared anyone.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information