This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Borat View Post
    Honestly Dan, if you can't tell the difference, I'm not going to waste my time trying to explain it to you.
    Players bash their former teams all the time. Seriously, who cares? All I care about is if the player can perform on the field and TO can still do that and better than Crabtree I might add so why not bring him back? Who cares about what he said or didnt say seven years ago? I personally dont but whatever.

Comment

• Well Dan, I guess you don't share the same pride I have in the San Francisco 49ers franchise. You see, when the franchise stands behind an assclown like T.O. through all his bullsh!t all the while paying him top dollar and the man leaves through free agency and trashes the organization every single chance he gets, he doesn't get to come back for one last paycheck. I have more self-respect then to be OK with that. But hey, to each his own. If it's OK with you then fair enough.
      The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Dan are you lobbying for Owens to come back to the 49ers? That douchebag should never be able to wear a 49ers jersey again.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
        -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
        Originally posted by Borat
        Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• I'm not lobbying for Owens to return. All im saying is that I would be happy if he did. I would have preferred Holmes but that wasnt going to happen. I would also prefer Braylon Edwards but he's on probation or some crap so in a way, I dont want him anywhere near SF. Any other receiver would just be second best if that.

As for Owens, whoever he bashed is no longer in SF and screw pride. I want my team to win. Pride only gets you so far. Thats like choosing between pride and a high paying job. Pride isnt going to pay your rent, bills, etc. but money will.

If Owens can have his work ethic and conditioning rub off on Crabtree, I would consider it an automatic positive no matter how well Owens plays because Crabtree is supposed to be our franchise WR but he's not even close. And while Owens is an asshole, on the field, he performs and never takes plays off which is what EVERY playing is getting paid to do and unless he gets involved in serious legal trouble, I would have no problem welcoming him back with open arms.

Plus, I can wear my Owens jersey again. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Borat View Post
            Well Dan, I guess you don't share the same pride I have in the San Francisco 49ers franchise. You see, when the franchise stands behind an assclown like T.O. through all his bullsh!t all the while paying him top dollar and the man leaves through free agency and trashes the organization every single chance he gets, he doesn't get to come back for one last paycheck. I have more self-respect then to be OK with that. But hey, to each his own. If it's OK with you then fair enough.
            After re-reading your post a second time, I just realized something. You talk about having pride in the 49ers franchise but yet it was same franchise that stood behind TO despite him being an asshole. Does that make any sense to you?

As for leaving as a UFA, he didnt. He was traded to Philly but thats on Owens agent and even more, the 49ers management team for giving in to Owens. I wouldnt have. I would have kept him whether he liked it or not unless some team would have given me a damn good draft pick. Not Brandon Whiting. LOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by 49erNation85 View Post
              Just don't it again or the team fans will just die in fears once again.
              Ok what the **** does that mean?
              Originally posted by 49erNation85
              I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• Dan reminds me of my ******** 2 year old son....if I had one.
                Originally posted by 49erNation85
                I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• Nate Davis signs with the Colts. That would hilarious if he becomes the successor to Manning and has a nice career of his own.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                    I'm not lobbying for Owens to return. All im saying is that I would be happy if he did. I would have preferred Holmes but that wasnt going to happen. I would also prefer Braylon Edwards but he's on probation or some crap so in a way, I dont want him anywhere near SF. Any other receiver would just be second best if that.

As for Owens, whoever he bashed is no longer in SF and screw pride. I want my team to win. Pride only gets you so far. Thats like choosing between pride and a high paying job. Pride isnt going to pay your rent, bills, etc. but money will.

If Owens can have his work ethic and conditioning rub off on Crabtree, I would consider it an automatic positive no matter how well Owens plays because Crabtree is supposed to be our franchise WR but he's not even close. And while Owens is an asshole, on the field, he performs and never takes plays off which is what EVERY playing is getting paid to do and unless he gets involved in serious legal trouble, I would have no problem welcoming him back with open arms.

Plus, I can wear my Owens jersey again. :)
                    Well the owners, the Yorks are still here. Owens is washed up. A better quarterback is going to make this team better more than a diva receiver. I don't care if the 49ers signed Andre Johnson somehow. None of it matters until we get a real quarterback. This is why I won't be that happy even if we sign Asomugha. It just simply doesn't matter. Even if we had an established quarterback, I probably wouldn't be that happy anyways if we got Owens. The dude is just a headache. And Owens isn't magically going to make Crabtree change his tune. If Crabtree wants to be a good player, he'll do everything he has to without someone having to play nursemaid. It's all up to him.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                      After re-reading your post a second time, I just realized something. You talk about having pride in the 49ers franchise but yet it was same franchise that stood behind TO despite him being an asshole. Does that make any sense to you?

As for leaving as a UFA, he didnt. He was traded to Philly but thats on Owens agent and even more, the 49ers management team for giving in to Owens. I wouldnt have. I would have kept him whether he liked it or not unless some team would have given me a damn good draft pick. Not Brandon Whiting. LOL.
                      Correct Dan, he was technically traded because his agent is just as stupid as he is. The team had no choice but to trade him after that. They sure as hell weren't going to keep him against his will. Look at how he acted when he had a fat contract. I can't even imagine the depths of his childness he would have gone to if they tried to keep him after that. He was never going to suit up for SF again. You can keep beating the Brandon Whiting drum because you have zero knowledge about negotiating and leverage. I'll break it down for you very simply: the 9ers had none. No team was going to give them anything of value when they knew SF wasn't going to keep him. Come on man.

I don't know why you think he's some sort of model citizen on the field. I saw him take plays off. He did it a lot. Hell, Mike Tice even said they game-planned ways to upset him because he would start to pout and quit. Actually, I do know why you are mistaken. It's because you didn't actually watch the games. You only looked at the stats and watched highlights.

Players come and go. It's the franchise that stays the same. And I take it personally when a former 49er takes a dump on the franchise every chance he gets. **** that. And **** him. He can never come back. He's not worthy of being a 9er again.
                      The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• I'm sure Philadelphia would love him back. Or Dallas. Or Buffalo. Or Cincinnati...

Comment

• btw, we're looking at Malcolm Floyd

Comment

• Originally posted by edgrenade View Post
                            btw, we're looking at Malcolm Floyd
                            At least he won't be a fortune. Not expecting a game breaker though.

Comment

• Reportedly out of the running for Asomugha, as per Lombardi.

Comment

• Fine, fair enough guys. You have your opinions and I have mine. We'll leave it at that.

Moving on, it looks like we're out of the race to sign Asomugha as it seems to be between the Jets and Cowboys. CB wise, we're screwed going into the season with Spencer and Brown as the starters. I'm hoping they at least go after Marshall but I dont see it happening.

As for Crabtree, I dont even like that guy. His work ethic and conditioning are non-existent. And people wondered why I was hoping to somehow draft A.J. Green and recently, sign Holmes. Its because of that and now, he'll miss TC for the third straight season. I wonder what the record is for most mssed TC's in a row???

Anyone know whats going on with Goldson and Kreutz? Losing Baas has hurt our OL badly and if we lose Goldson, our secondary has the potential to be one of the worst in NFL history. UGH.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information