X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More good news.

mattbarrowsMatt Barrows

More bad #49ers news: 7th round pick Curtis Holcomb ruptured his Achilles tendon Thurs. CB will have surgery and is likely out for season.

Comment

• is there any legit reason why sf hasn't brought any secondary help so far in fa? vet qb ?...2 things the eagles landed already ( qb in mike vick-a guy sf WAS supposedly after a while ago

i really hope they are planning on making a stunning move soon
      Last edited by chapo123; 07-31-2011, 10:45 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hawkeye123 View Post
        More good news.
        At least they don't have a big need at CB. :/

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
        Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Originally posted by chapo123 View Post
          is there any legit reason why sf hasn't brought any secondary help so far in fa? vet qb?...2 things the eagles landed already.

i really hope they are planning on making a stunning move soon

Comment

• Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
            That is only and only if we finish in the top 5 picks next year draft and man I hope we don't.I'm tire of losing out of the play offs every year since 2005 it is just getting old.I mean it will be good if we land Luck.But I would rather make a play off run this year and stock pile on defenders next year draft.

Comment

• Of the FA's we lost so far, the only major loss has been Baas. I really don't know why we didn't extend a decent offer. He was just entering his prime so he still could have given us another 5-6 years theoretically. Losing TKO...this might be a case of letting him go a year too early instead of a year too late. He still will be an upgrade over Bowman in 2011, but i'd love to see what Bowman can do. We still have Willis so i'm not too worried. Clements got burned way too much and paid way too much. Some of that is on the safety help, but we aren't getting any new safeties so it would be the same excuse for him. Heitmann and Nedney were injured and Carr is terrible.

However, regarding some of our FA's..I hope we re-sign Lawson or Franklin still. They aren't getting a lot of interest...they likely aren't worth as much as they think they are on the open market. Hopefully we can sign them to team-friendly deals. Goldson too, because i'd take him over C.J. Spillman.

Comment

• I agree in theory but Clements >>>>>>>> Tarell Brown

That's the problem.

Along with the fact that they dumped over $20 Million off the cap already and haven't signed ANYONE!!!

Comment

• I'm hoping the lack of interest in Lawson and Goldson means that it will be easier to re-sign them. Also, if you think about it, they were willing to spend all that money on Nnamdi, so why not use that money on our own guys now.

Comment

• No one wants Lawson and Goldson.
                    Last edited by Ness; 07-30-2011, 01:09 AM.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                    -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                    Originally posted by Borat
                    Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• Lawson and Goldson are figuring out that you actually have to produce to get more money.

Comment

• Good thing we didn't throw the bank at Goldson.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                        -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                        Originally posted by Borat
                        Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
                          Of the FA's we lost so far, the only major loss has been Baas. I really don't know why we didn't extend a decent offer. He was just entering his prime so he still could have given us another 5-6 years theoretically.
                          Like I said earlier, we'll need to see how much Baas signed for in NY before determining whether he was offered a decent deal.

Comment

• Regarding Crabtree.....maybe if he was in better ******* conditioning, he wouldnt have broken his foot and how the hell do you break your foot when there's no contact? What did he do? Break his foot when a hidden water sprinkler popped out of the ground and he slammed his foot into it? Come on.

You guys can bash me all you want but the reality is that Crabtree has been a disappointment thus far and anyone with a brain knows it. Granted, he's better than Bey but thats not really saying much is it? UGH.

Moving on...............

Shocked the Eagles signed Asomugha. I dont think anyone saw that coming but on the bright side, Samuel appears to be on the trading block. I would think that at 30 years old and already having acquired two corners in Asomugha and DRC that at most, he would cost a 3rd round draft pick especially when you add in his salary but yet, he would still be a cheaper upgrade over Clements. Then, hopefully we go after Marshall and release Spencer and yay, we would have two starting CB's who are easily better than who we had a year ago.

Rumors have it that we're interested in Cromartie who isnt exactly a favorite of mine but he would be better than nothing and easily be our number one CB.

As for Lawson, Franklin and Goldson. Hopefully, we can bring them back for cheap if they dont go anywhere. I'm surprised that Franklin hasnt been signed yet. I thought for sure the Redskins would go after him.

Losing Baas has hurt us but hopefully, we'll sign Kreutz to replace him as a stopgap for a year. Dont really care about losing Spikes as I rather see Bowman start next to Willis. Re-signing McDonald was good but our secondary is beyond horrible.

RB wise, whats everyone's thoughts on Gore? I'm surprised he's actually holding out. Didnt expect that coming off an injury ending season. And would anyone be for signing RB Ahmad Bradshaw who's 25, averaged just over 1000 yards the last two seasons with a 4.65 average and 7.5 td's? I know he's the opposite of Gore but its rare that a RB of his talent hits the free agent market. I think that he would cost less than extending Gore and his three years younger. My only major complaint against him is that he fumbles too much. 15 fumbles (9 lost) in 58 games.

Thoughts?

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                              Regarding Crabtree.....maybe if he was in better ******* conditioning, he wouldnt have broken his foot and how the hell do you break your foot when there's no contact? What did he do? Break his foot when a hidden water sprinkler popped out of the ground and he slammed his foot into it? Come on.
                              Not to defend Crabtree, but injuries can be down right random sometimes. My friend fractured a bone in his foot getting out of bed. Another threw his back bending down to pick up a cracker, and he's only 27. I bone bruised both my elbows making a save in soccer that I've made countless times on the same pitch.

There is so much going on behind the scenes that we don't know about. It could be that Crabtree isn't conditioned enough in terms of lower body muscles, which then resulted in the stress fracture. It could be that he's working too hard to make an impression and it led to a stress fracture due to muscle fatigue.

Comment

• Originally posted by Verloren View Post
                                Not to defend Crabtree, but injuries can be down right random sometimes. My friend fractured a bone in his foot getting out of bed. Another threw his back bending down to pick up a cracker, and he's only 27. I bone bruised both my elbows making a save in soccer that I've made countless times on the same pitch.

There is so much going on behind the scenes that we don't know about. It could be that Crabtree isn't conditioned enough in terms of lower body muscles, which then resulted in the stress fracture. It could be that he's working too hard to make an impression and it led to a stress fracture due to muscle fatigue.
                                All the stuff you just said in the first paragraph isnt what caused those injuries. That was just the last thing they did before the injury kicked in. In other words, whatever your friends and you did prior to that took its toll on your respective bodies and in your case, hitting the ground time after time will eventually result in an injury on the area thats taken the most impact over time. Conditioning plays a part in all of that but in regards to Crabtree, he's a professional football player who's making millions and has trainers and whatnot at his disposal and yet, every year, its something with him. Last year, they said he was injured but most people thought he was just milking whatever minor injury he had. Personally, I think Crabtree had injured his foot prior to camp Alex but it kicked in on that day from a result of whatever he did that day.

And im not mad at Crabtree because he's injured and will miss TC and pre-season for the third straight year. I'm mad because legit or not, it seems like every year around this time, there seems to be some kind of issue with him and after a while, it becomes frustrating especially when the time he's missing would help him more during the season. People blame Smith for how Crabtree plays but that doesnt seem to stop Davis or Gore or whoever so im not going to use Smith as an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information