This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hawkeye123 View Post
    Lawson and Goldson are figuring out that you actually have to produce to get more money.
    Really? Have you seen some of these contracts being signed?

Originally posted by Ness View Post
    Good thing we didn't throw the bank at Goldson.
    Probably why he hasn't signed. Eric Weddle is now the highest paid S in NFL history. Set the bar for Goldson. Yay!

Comment

• Originally posted by Verloren View Post
      Like I said earlier, we'll need to see how much Baas signed for in NY before determining whether he was offered a decent deal.
      Supposedly it was for a top 3-4 center contract, which sounds big. But i doubt Centers make all that much anyways. My guess is it was probably around a 5 year, 25-30 million dollar contract.

In other news, the Chiefs signed NT Kelley Gregg to a 1 year deal. They were a rumored destination for Franklin..one less suitor for him. He isn't getting that big money deal he wants.

Comment

• Originally posted by phlysac View Post
        Really? Have you seen some of these contracts being signed?

Probably why he hasn't signed. Eric Weddle is now the highest paid S in NFL history. Set the bar for Goldson. Yay!
        Weddle signed a 5 year $40m deal but you have to wait to see how much is backloaded and how it compares to the contract signed by Rolle a year ago. As for Goldson, I wouldnt pay him more than $5m a season. The good news is that if someone was to offer him what he's looking for or close to it, he would have signed else where already. With that being said, I would offer more money to Lawson instead of Goldson because I think Lawson and Smith would be a better combination than Smith and Harlason/Brooks.

Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
        Supposedly it was for a top 3-4 center contract, which sounds big. But i doubt Centers make all that much anyways. My guess is it was probably around a 5 year, 25-30 million dollar contract.

In other news, the Chiefs signed NT Kelley Gregg to a 1 year deal. They were a rumored destination for Franklin..one less suitor for him. He isn't getting that big money deal he wants.
        Losing Baas really hurts since we dont have anyone to replace him. Also, scratch off CB Richard Marshall who signed with the Cardinals of all teams. UGH. This free agency period is blowing chunks thus far. Still hoping we trade for Samuel.

Comment

• Hey! 49ers sign Larry Grant we finally brought him back after all these years.
          Originally posted by 49erNation85
          I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• Well, close the door on Richard Marshall. He's now a Cardinal. That sucks big time. There really isn't any other corner on the market except Cromartie and Clements. I'd rather have Clements back to be honest. Cromartie is so overrated.
            Last edited by Ness; 07-30-2011, 02:01 PM.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
            -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
            Originally posted by Borat
            Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
              Regarding Crabtree.....maybe if he was in better ******* conditioning, he wouldnt have broken his foot and how the hell do you break your foot when there's no contact? What did he do? Break his foot when a hidden water sprinkler popped out of the ground and he slammed his foot into it? Come on.

You guys can bash me all you want but the reality is that Crabtree has been a disappointment thus far and anyone with a brain knows it. Granted, he's better than Bey but thats not really saying much is it? UGH.
              how does conditioning stop you from getting injured? granted it does help prevent injuries but injuries happen to EVERYONE. you're just nitpicking on crabtree because he's been a disappointment to you. you call him a disappointment but look who's been throwing to him this entire time. look who was calling plays throughout his career. not exactly setting him up for success.

but then again, you're the guy that thinks T.O. can still get it done for our team.. so i guess i'll just have to stop

Comment

• Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                how does conditioning stop you from getting injured? granted it does help prevent injuries but injuries happen to EVERYONE. you're just nitpicking on crabtree because he's been a disappointment to you. you call him a disappointment but look who's been throwing to him this entire time. look who was calling plays throughout his career. not exactly setting him up for success.

but then again, you're the guy that thinks T.O. can still get it done for our team.. so i guess i'll just have to stop
                Yeah just let him him be he's gonna be the same broken record about everything.
                Originally posted by 49erNation85
                I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• Didnt stop Davis from putting up good stats the last two years with the same QB's so why does Crabtree get a free pass?

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                    Didnt stop Davis from putting up good stats the last two years with the same QB's so why does Crabtree get a free pass?
                    oh my fault.. because they play the exact same positions. and because Crabtree is 6'4" 250 with 4.3 speed. run the exact same routes. get covered by the exact same people and they're the exact same distance from the qb. i was completely outta line

there is a reason why Tight ends are brought in as quarterbacks safety valves. they're easier to throw to. in vernon davis' case, there isn't a linebacker in the league that can cover him and when a safety gets involved, often they are too small or too weak and maybe even to slow to cover him too. imagine the numbers he would put up if we had a decent offensive coordinator and quarterback that was worth a ****
                    Last edited by YAYareaRB; 07-30-2011, 03:02 PM.

Comment

• Fangio provided a golden nugget: FAs want a winning situation. I don't think Baalke wants to end up in another situation where the team overpays for a FA and ends up releasing them later on.

Clements to Bengals.

Comment

• Originally posted by Verloren View Post
                        Fangio provided a golden nugget: FAs want a winning situation. I don't think Baalke wants to end up in another situation where the team overpays for a FA and ends up releasing them later on.

Clements to Bengals.
                        I don't think they should justify themselves in that fashion. Every player is different. You shouldn't throw the bank at every player in free agency, but you shouldn't do anything either. I know there hasn't been that much time to do research on free agents and such, but at the same time deciding to do nothing is pretty dumb in my opinion. Nothing is guaranteed when you sign these players. Just like nothing is guaranteed in football in general. There are going to be times when you overpay for someone. Heck you could make a great signing in terms of money and they might break their leg in camp a week later. So I can't buy into that "play it safe" mantra. Because then you're just going to get nowhere. I will say though teams like Green Bay where they've built through the draft and rarely made a splash in free agency have obviously worked. So whatever.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                        -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                        Originally posted by Borat
                        Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• we've been playing it safe for the past few years in FA.

Comment

• Apparently Ian Williams has looked like a stud so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by hawkeye123 View Post
                              Apparently Ian Williams has looked like a stud so far.
                              so has alex smith past 6 seasons

Comment

• Originally posted by chapo123 View Post
                                so has alex smith past 6 seasons
                                Big difference in looking good in 7 on 7s at half speed and demolishing the starting O-Line men on 1 on 1s. We'll see though.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information