Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bears signed Chris Spencer so that should lead to SF landing Olin Kreutz. Football Focus advanced stats suggest that Kreutz is on the decline but would rather have his experience at center over Snyder, Wraggle and whoever else is being thrown out there.

@JasonLaCanfora DT Aubrayo Franklin will meet with 49ers coaches Mon. The market might allow the 49ers to retain him, after all.
    Would love to retain Franklin and hoping a deal can get worked out.

Comment

• Any news on Lawson and Goldson? Also, any chance the 49ers go after RB Ahmad Bradshaw? He's 25 and I think he would take an offer of $5m per year which would be cheap for a RB entering his prime. Plus, it would add more pressure to Gore who I honestly still cant believe is holding out.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
        Any news on Lawson and Goldson? Also, any chance the 49ers go after RB Ahmad Bradshaw? He's 25 and I think he would take an offer of $5m per year which would be cheap for a RB entering his prime. Plus, it would add more pressure to Gore who I honestly still cant believe is holding out.
        Goldson they are still working on to retain. Haven't heard a peep about Lawson. Arizona beat writer said Cards have no interest so he maybe waiting for a few more days. Still wouldn't mind bringing him back at a reduced rate.

I really can't blame guys like Chris Johnson, Gore or Forte for holding out when they saw the deal DeAngelo Williams landed. But if Frankie is getting fined $30,000 a day I can't see his hold out lasting too long.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
          Any news on Lawson and Goldson? Also, any chance the 49ers go after RB Ahmad Bradshaw? He's 25 and I think he would take an offer of $5m per year which would be cheap for a RB entering his prime. Plus, it would add more pressure to Gore who I honestly still cant believe is holding out.
          No news on Lawson. I'd thought he'd be a Eagle by now, lol. Goldson has one less suitor, as the Raiders have resigned Huff. I believe that means its down to us and the Cowboys. Dont really care if he stays or if he goes. I've always felt Reggie Smith best position was at FS and I'd like to see if Fangio and Donatell believe he can get the job done.

As far as Bradshaw, I think thats what Baalke meant about having a plan and being patience. Let everyone else go crazy the first few days of FA and then see what talent is out there after the frenzy. Thats why Franklin is taking the meeting with the FO on Monday. Im pretty sure him and his agent see the market for NT isnt what everyone thought. There is still a ton of talent that will probably be had on the cheap. Bradshaw, Channing Crowder, Ronnie Brown, Carlos Rodgers, Braylon Edwards, LaRon McClain, Malcom Floyd.....still talent available.

Comment

• Originally posted by VAfy-ya View Post
            There is still a ton of talent that will probably be had on the cheap. Bradshaw, Channing Crowder, Ronnie Brown, Carlos Rodgers, Braylon Edwards, LaRon McClain, Malcom Floyd.....still talent available.
            The reason these guys haven't been signed yet as most of them are holding out hope to get more money. Braylon Edwards, who has talent but is very overrated IMO, wants #1 WR money. That's a joke. He hasn't earned it. We don't need Ronnie Brown or someone like Bradshaw. Give Gore a revamped 3 year deal with a raise (equivalent to what they'd pay for a lesser talented FA) that will expire when he's 30. Gore has CARRIED this team most years and has earned a little more cash. Fans that want to get rid of him and overpay a less talented FA are taking his contributions to the team and abilities for granted. There is talent out there still for sure. I'm just hoping that the Niners can pull some of it in.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
            Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Originally posted by VAfy-ya View Post
              I believe that means its down to us and the Cowboys.
              And the Cowboys might be even more eager considering that Akwasi Owusu-Ansah was helped off the field in practice yesterday/today.

Comment

• Is Brent still alive?

Comment

• After all the bickering, Baalke may come out of this looking like a genius. That is if Goldson and Franklin re-sign...

If we are able to land Kruetz and a corner, I think everything will be fine.

Also, I wouldn't mind trading Gore and signing Bradshaw or Ronnie Brown. I think that we have talent in Dixon and Hunter, which will allow us to trade Gore and add a FA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
                    The reason these guys haven't been signed yet as most of them are holding out hope to get more money. Braylon Edwards, who has talent but is very overrated IMO, wants #1 WR money. That's a joke. He hasn't earned it. We don't need Ronnie Brown or someone like Bradshaw. Give Gore a revamped 3 year deal with a raise (equivalent to what they'd pay for a lesser talented FA) that will expire when he's 30. Gore has CARRIED this team most years and has earned a little more cash. Fans that want to get rid of him and overpay a less talented FA are taking his contributions to the team and abilities for granted. There is talent out there still for sure. I'm just hoping that the Niners can pull some of it in.
                    Gore will be 30 next year... @_@

Comment

• Originally posted by phlysac View Post
                      And the Cowboys might be even more eager considering that Akwasi Owusu-Ansah was helped off the field in practice yesterday/today.
                      Cowboys make me nervous with Jones being flush with cash and just missing out on Nnamdi.

Comment

• Originally posted by edgrenade View Post
                        Gore will be 30 next year... @_@
                        Gore will be 29 next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
                          Gore will be 29 next year.
                          Your right, everyone was talking about when his contract is up, so I got it mixed up
                          Last edited by edgrenade; 07-31-2011, 05:40 PM.

Comment

• Gore's ending his holdout

Comment

• Ok, it really looked like it was going to be a complete disaster of an off-season at first but I really don't things like so bad now. Spikes and Baas leaving really hurt at first just because they were expected to be back but I really don't think either of them leaving will be a huge deal, I think it's time to see how Bowman does and bringing in a rugged old veteran like Olin Kreutz could be just what this young offensive line needs.

It looked like for awhile we were going to lose Goldson and Franklin quickly too but there really doesn't seem to be much of a market for either. It honestly doesn't really seem like the staff care to overpay for either though. I would like to see Franklin back but could care less about Goldson. As for Lawson, I really have no idea - I haven't read a thing about him, kind of strange. As long as he isn't getting a big contract, I think it would be fine to bring him back. Antwan Applewhite should be a solid rotation player at OLB.

Also I know the coaching was bad but all of these players have been a part of a lot of below average teams for a long time, these guys aren't exactly world beaters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arsenal View Post
                                Spikes and Baas leaving really hurt at first just because they were expected to be back but I really don't think either of them leaving will be a huge deal, I think it's time to see how Bowman does and bringing in a rugged old veteran like Olin Kreutz could be just what this young offensive line needs.
                                Doubt Kreutz comes in. There's been talk of him retiring soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information