Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don’t believe its the Yorks trying to be frugal. They were fine with signing Clements to the HUGE contract. They went after a big named free agents like Michael Lewis and J Smith and paid them quite handsomely. They agreed to very early (and big) extensions to Willis, Davis, and Staley. They signed Harbaugh –the biggest HC name available, to a 25 million dollar deal. They reportedly were in the running for Nnamdi. When Nolan was in charge, they let him bring in whatever OC. he wanted… big names –McCarthy, Turner, Martz.

This to me is more of Harbaugh/Baalke and what they want to do, how they value players. They’re simply not bringing anyone in and apparently have fairly low values assigned to their own FAs.

Comment

• *doesnt even bother complaining since it wont change anything anyway*
      *goes back to playing NFL 2K3*

Comment

• Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
        They don't need to save $ to sign Luck. With the new CBA, he'll make $20-25 mil less than what Bradford got last year. Check out Cam Newton's contract; the rookie salaries in the Top 10 no longer instantly make them the highest paid players in the league at their respective positions.

If they're saving money, it's to re-up their own guys, wait until next year to make big splashes in FA, or something else. At this point, I'd rather them continue to save for next year than overpay a bunch of average guys that may not be much of an upgrade. A CB, a big WR and maybe even a NT would be nice.
        Hopefully we can use some of that money to give Franklin a decent deal, since it seems like Franklin isn't getting the attention a lot of folks thought me might. This is assuming Franklin wants to come back or our coaching staff wants him back.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
        -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
        Originally posted by Borat
        Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
          *doesnt even bother complaining since it wont change anything anyway*
          *goes back to playing NFL 2K3*
          Guess what Dan. Lawson isn't coming back.

Comment

• Franklin is a Saint now. I wonder how much the deal is. Apparently it's just for one year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ness View Post
              Franklin is a Saint now. I wonder how much the deal is. Apparently it's just for one year.
              I'm sure it's around $5 mil; $3 mil less than what they payed him last year.

I guess the bottom line is, if YOU were a free agent, would YOU choose the Niners? They have some talent but they don't have as much to offer as many other contending teams currently do. Veteran players want to get paid, but will often choose to get paid less to go to a contender.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
              Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• I know Lawson isnt coming back but im hoping he does awesome in Cincy. Their LB core looks pretty damn good with Lawson, Maualuga and Rivers. Cincy is actually one of the teams I'll be playing with in Madden 12.

Funny how two ex-49ers are now in Cincy. LOL.

Comment

• man...I dunno wtf is going on right now...wtf.

Comment

• It looks like Harbaugh and Co want to really create an opportunity to find some diamonds in the rough among all the young players they have in camp. Then, they can make bold moves next year, replacing the guys who aren't as talented and/or coachable.

Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

Comment

• Oh, and the Seahawks just landed TE Zach Miller of the Raiders. Rumor has it that they may turn around and trade their other very good TE John Carlson to the Giants with a draft pick for Osi.

Comment

• The way I see that starters on defense as of right now:

LE: McDonald
                        NT: Sopoaga
                        RE: J. Smith
                        LOLB: Haralson (I hope Brooks starts)
                        ILB: Willis
                        ILB: Bowman
                        ROLB: Al. Smith
                        CB: Spencer
                        CB: Brown
                        FS: R. Smith
                        SS: Williams (or the other way)

This doesn't scare me...

A side note: apparently Aldon Smith has been looking fantastic.
                        Last edited by edgrenade; 08-02-2011, 10:07 PM.

Comment

• Now introducing.. The defense of the 2011 San Francisco 49ers

Comment

• So now we've lost 5 starters. Probably will lose a 6th (Goldson). On one hand, that much upheaval in one year is disheartening. On the other hand, only a few of them are really that good. I'd say the only big losses are Baas and Franklin. Don't care for Clements at all, Lawson is a solid starter but not good enough as a pass rusher for our new scheme, and Goldson is average. Spikes will also be a loss but i expect Bowman to play well this year (Spikes will probably be better in 2011) before Bowman hopefully takes another step while Spikes likely declines with age. Baas and Franklin were both solidly above average and had a place on our team. Don't know if i can trust Sopo to take his place, and i like Ian Williams but it will take time for him to make an impact, if he ever does. Same with Snyder and Baas.

Comment

• Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                              Now introducing.. The defense of the 2011 San Francisco 49ers

Someone light that on fire and stomp on it!

Comment

• Originally posted by edgrenade View Post
                                The way I see that starters on defense as of right now:

LE: McDonald
                                NT: Franklin
                                RE: J. Smith
                                LOLB: Haralson (I hope Brooks starts)
                                ILB: Willis
                                ILB: Bowman
                                ROLB: Al. Smith
                                CB: Spencer
                                CB: Brown
                                FS: R. Smith
                                SS: Williams (or the other way)

This doesn't scare me...

A side note: apparently Aldon Smith has been looking fantastic.
                                Don't forget Sopoaga is taking Franklin's place. Franklin is now a Saint.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information