Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

San Francisco 49ers Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Ness View Post
    Yeah well the thing is that we are moving slow as hell to replace some of the starters that were actually either good or worth keeping...at least worth resigning at a lower price like Clements. Baas well. I don't care about Lawson and Goldson they can GTFO. But losing Baas and Clements and moving super slow to replace them, and then finally replacing them with either scrubs or backups is not sitting with me. I can only hope Harbaugh/Baalke knows something that everyone else doesn't. It's a new regime so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, but this isn't making me excited as a fan. The good news (maybe) is that it won't really matter anyways until the 49ers get a quarterback.
    Wait a minute....you're more concerned about losing Clements as opposed to Lawson and Goldson? WOW. Clements was good for two years and has sucked since. Goldson dropped off last year compared to 2009 but he's young and in his prime and can get better. Clements was only going to get worse. As for Lawson, considering the cheap one year contract he signed, we should have kept him because if Aldon becomes the pass rusher that Manny isnt, we would have had an awesome combo at OLB because Lawson is easily better than Haralson and Brooks. Losing Baas hurts too and remember, im pretty sure that Snyder is an UFA after this season so if he does good at center, I wouldnt be surprised to see him leave in eight months.

    As for our division, I see the Rams as the favorites with the rest being anywhere from 2nd to 4th. Cardinals should have traded for Orton but im happy they didnt because I would have been worried what stats he could have put up with Fitz. Seahawks *shrugs*. And us, well, regardless of who our starting QB was/is/will be in 2011, if we would have re-signed a few of our UFA's and signed two starting free agents, we easily would have been the favorites to win the NFC west. Now, I dont see us winning more than 6 games if that. UGH. Another wasted season coming up. :(

    Comment


    • Originally posted by phlysac View Post
      I've gotten over my initial frustration (outside of the DB depth-chart, of which I'm still frustrated), but I'm taking solace in this...

      The other NFL franchises are showing that they don't LOVE the 49ers FA's much more than Harbaalke. We're flipping out because we've developed a fanatical (good or bad) relationship with these players, when in reality, maybe they aren't that good.

      Harbaalke allows a player to sign elsewhere because (he's not that much better than our very young backup, and not worth much money.) We flip out, and then these ex-49ers sign 1 year deals for next to pennies. Evidently the other teams agree with Harbaalke.
      I think this may be the case.

      Besides for Baas... Maybe they knew Synder could fill in.

      Comment


      • And when we mourn the loss of Manny Lawson we tend to forget about this guy, whom I can't wait to see alongside Aldon Smith...

        Comment


        • We signed Carlos Rogers for 1 year.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by hawkeye123 View Post
            We signed Carlos Rogers for 1 year.
            I like the signing he is great in coverage only thing I really don't like is his run support.
            Originally posted by 49erNation85
            I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
              I like the signing he is great in coverage only thing I really don't like is his run support.
              Oh and don't ask him to make an interception. Guy couldn't catch a cold. Apparently.

              "Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
              -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
              Originally posted by Borat
              Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

              Comment


              • Good move. Man, if only Mays didn't suck, we'd be ok.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by phlysac View Post
                  I've gotten over my initial frustration (outside of the DB depth-chart, of which I'm still frustrated), but I'm taking solace in this...

                  The other NFL franchises are showing that they don't LOVE the 49ers FA's much more than Harbaalke. We're flipping out because we've developed a fanatical (good or bad) relationship with these players, when in reality, maybe they aren't that good.

                  Harbaalke allows a player to sign elsewhere because (he's not that much better than our very young backup, and not worth much money.) We flip out, and then these ex-49ers sign 1 year deals for next to pennies. Evidently the other teams agree with Harbaalke.
                  EXCATLY my point, great post. And now with the signing of Rodgers, CBs are slowly being addressed. And when cuts roll around we'll probably take a flier on mid-level kind of player(Aaron Ross comes to mind) and we'll be ok. I was ready for a infusion of youth in CB corps anyway. Culliver, Adams, and Brock.....let'em play and find out if they're really worth keeping around.

                  Comment


                  • is aaron ross, lito sheppard, or asante samuel available?

                    i would not feel so concerned if the brass of the front office would hold a press conference and at least explain the reasoning for night resigning some decent players like franklin. at least that way i know there is a plan in place.

                    i also understand teams build through the draft- i get it but what i don't get is letting guys go just let them go...the perception comes off that we have no backup plan...

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by chapo123 View Post
                      i would not feel so concerned if the brass of the front office would hold a press conference and at least explain the reasoning for night resigning some decent players like franklin. at least that way i know there is a plan in place.

                      i also understand teams build through the draft- i get it but what i don't get is letting guys go just let them go...the perception comes off that we have no backup plan...
                      Here's your 'press conference,' with Baalke on Sunday explaining their patient strategy, confirming there's a plan in place:

                      http://www.csnbayarea.com/pages/ninersvideo#


                      #thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                      Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done


                      "He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
                        I like the signing he is great in coverage only thing I really don't like is his run support.
                        I think you have it the other way around.


                        Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
                        12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

                        Steddy Ambition!
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
                          I think you have it the other way around.
                          He's still better than Clements at this point in their careers. He's better at off-man than Nate and that's huge. Clements is strictly a press CB. If he isn't right up on a WR, using he's strength to bully guys off the line, than he is toast. Give Nate a cushion and guys will run right past him, as he has horrible hips and his foot speed is pedestrian. At least Rodgers is serviceable in this area. I think Rodgers is a better fit with Fangio's attacking style up front, that's why I like the signing. Only time will tell though. But I know most Skins fans didn't care for Rodgers so I'm not surprised by your comments. One man's junk is another man's gold is how that goes.

                          Biggest thing with Rodgers is staying healthy. We still need more depth though.
                          Last edited by VAfy-ya; 08-03-2011, 12:24 PM.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by VAfy-ya View Post
                            Biggest thing with Rodgers is staying healthy. We still need more depth though.
                            Or Culliver, Adams, and/or Brock to shine

                            Comment


                            • From what I read on the main Redskins message board he's a pretty decent cover corner, he just can't catch.

                              "Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                              -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                              Originally posted by Borat
                              Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                                Wait a minute....you're more concerned about losing Clements as opposed to Lawson and Goldson? WOW. Clements was good for two years and has sucked since. Goldson dropped off last year compared to 2009 but he's young and in his prime and can get better. Clements was only going to get worse. As for Lawson, considering the cheap one year contract he signed, we should have kept him because if Aldon becomes the pass rusher that Manny isnt, we would have had an awesome combo at OLB because Lawson is easily better than Haralson and Brooks. Losing Baas hurts too and remember, im pretty sure that Snyder is an UFA after this season so if he does good at center, I wouldnt be surprised to see him leave in eight months.

                                As for our division, I see the Rams as the favorites with the rest being anywhere from 2nd to 4th. Cardinals should have traded for Orton but im happy they didnt because I would have been worried what stats he could have put up with Fitz. Seahawks *shrugs*. And us, well, regardless of who our starting QB was/is/will be in 2011, if we would have re-signed a few of our UFA's and signed two starting free agents, we easily would have been the favorites to win the NFC west. Now, I dont see us winning more than 6 games if that. UGH. Another wasted season coming up. :(
                                Well yes, because Lawson and Goldson are absolutely terrible. Notice how no one gave a **** about them when they hit the open market. Lawson had to settle for the Bengals on a cheap contract and Goldson hasn't even been picked up yet, despite both being younger players. I'd rather take my chances with Brooks and Smith as our starters on the outside. And probably with Williams instead of Goldson. At least I can see someone else being toasted by receivers instead of Goldson. The signing of Carlos augments the release of Clements. We were worse off at corner than we were safety and OLB.

                                "Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                                -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                                Originally posted by Borat
                                Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information