X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest on Malcolm Floyd:

http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/08/03/at-l...-for-wr-floyd/

Niners are still in the running. I'd relax a little on the lack of FA signings if they locked this kid up. I think he has great potential and the Niners really need a tall WR threat in case VD is doubled on the Alex Smith lob in the red zone.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
    Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Originally posted by binary View Post
      Good move. Man, if only Mays didn't suck, we'd be ok.
      Mays played well in the little time he saw. Should break out this year.
      Originally posted by 49erNation85
      I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• Has anyone looked over the schedule recently? I see maybe 2 wins this year, and 4 if things get lucky... O_o

Comment

• Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
          Mays played well in the little time he saw. Should break out this year.
          in your dreams bro. I'll be the first to eat crow on that.

Comment

• Originally posted by edgrenade View Post
            Has anyone looked over the schedule recently? I see maybe 2 wins this year, and 4 if things get lucky... O_o
            Don't crash our hopes man just don't!

Comment

• Tell me why I will love Aubrayo Franklin?

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• What I meant was Rogers is better in run support than the pass. He is decent in the pass but gets beat a good amount and when he does he completely gives up. As you know he dropped just about every pick thrown his way here in D.C.

I'll tell you what though I think a lot of it was mental, if he can grab the first one that comes his way in S.F. it might change him for the rest of his career, if not we'll just know he's always been a giant butterfingers.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
                12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

• Braylon Edwards is meeting with the 49ers tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by CJSchneider View Post
                    Tell me why I will love Aubrayo Franklin?
                    Because he's just like you: he jumped ship from the 49ers to the Saints LOL.

God, I love me.
                    The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Originally posted by edgrenade View Post
                      Has anyone looked over the schedule recently? I see maybe 2 wins this year, and 4 if things get lucky... O_o
                      Well the good news is that we'd have a shot at Andrew Luck then.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                      -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                      Originally posted by Borat
                      Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• Originally posted by CJSchneider View Post
                        Tell me why I will love Aubrayo Franklin?
                        You won't in a 4-3 defense. That move is beyond baffling for me. Not sure what Gregg Williams has in mind but Im not sure he's a great fit in that scheme. Ellis is the penatrating UT, Shaun Rodgers is the the big load at NT, I dont see him starting unless Rodgers has been less than spectacular in camp so far.

Now tell me why I will love Johnathan Goodwin?
                        Last edited by VAfy-ya; 08-03-2011, 04:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hawkeye123 View Post
                          Braylon Edwards is meeting with the 49ers tonight.
                          I've defended Baalke so far but that would be a huge mistake. Edwards is immature and has mental issues, Im sure. Dont want that pseudo-thug anywhere near this team. Add to the fact he's probably going to be suspended after yet ANOTHER off field incident, this one being a bar fight he started in Michigan a couple of days ago, NO THANKS! Concentrate on Floyd, let the Tards have Edwards.

And by the way, we just signed Goodwin from the Saints to a 3-year! How's that plan for ya?
                          Last edited by VAfy-ya; 08-03-2011, 05:54 PM.

Comment

• I actually disagree on Edwards. I dislike him as a person but he's exactly the type of WR we need opposite Crabtree. Incentive-laden short-term deal with behavior clauses will be just fine.

Imagine Frank Gore, Vernon Davis, Braylon Edwards, and Michael Crabtree... yeah, I'll take it.

But being more positive...

Signing Carlos Rogers, Jonathan Goodwin, Braylon Edwards and Dashon Goldons in one week will complete alter my FA anxiety.

Comment

• We signed a 30 year old CB in Rogers for one year and signed a 32 year old C in Goodwin for three years with $4m guaranteed and just under $11m overall. Am I the only one that DOESNT like these signings?

Seriously, instead of re-signing our young core players like Lawson and Goldson or young or younger UFA's to replace them, we're signing veterans to one year deals and im sure Goodwin will be a one year deal too come February.

I'll admit that im not happy we didnt re-sign Lawson and Goldson but whats ever worse is that we're replacing them with older players who 50/50 in terms of being better and that it doesnt fit in with our young core.

And if we do get Luck next year, wouldnt that defeat the purpose of the drafting Keapernick in the second round this past draft?

As for Braylon Edwards, he's a good receiver but isnt great and has too many problems off the field. If we sign him, I'll only be happy if he does good and stays out of trouble and/or jail. LOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                                We signed a 30 year old CB in Rogers for one year and signed a 32 year old C in Goodwin for three years with $4m guaranteed and just under $11m overall. Am I the only one that DOESNT like these signings?

Seriously, instead of re-signing our young core players like Lawson and Goldson or young or younger UFA's to replace them, we're signing veterans to one year deals and im sure Goodwin will be a one year deal too come February.

I'll admit that im not happy we didnt re-sign Lawson and Goldson but whats ever worse is that we're replacing them with older players who 50/50 in terms of being better and that it doesnt fit in with our young core.

And if we do get Luck next year, wouldnt that defeat the purpose of the drafting Keapernick in the second round this past draft?

As for Braylon Edwards, he's a good receiver but isnt great and has too many problems off the field. If we sign him, I'll only be happy if he does good and stays out of trouble and/or jail. LOL.
                                Goldson was probably looking for a mega deal, which is the reason why we probably haven't re-signed him, and most likely the reason why no one else has. He simply isn't that good. If we got him at a decent price, then I'll be honest, I'd probably have him over Williams who we just signed.

Lawson didn't fit the 3-4 plain and simple. And I hear the Bengals are going to be running a good amount of 3-4. Not sure if that's true, but if it is good luck with Lawson. Really, he might just be better suited to play DE in a 4-3 setup.

I do agree we should have upgraded at corner and not given up so easily when we were trying to pursue Asomugha, who I felt was a long shot anyways. I don't see why he would want to go to another losing franchise. That can be said about a lot of players. We were better off targeting other younger guys like Marshall (who I felt we really could have signed) or even tried our waters in trying to get Johnathan Joseph. Instead we had to settle for Carlos Rogers, who I may have jumped the gun too quickly on. Apparently he actually is a good cover man, he just can't catch the ball and make picks. Maybe he'll be another Walt Harris turnaround, although I doubt it.

I'm not too thrilled about the center situation either. I also feel we moved really slow as far as that is concerned and maybe should have tried to offer Baas a really good deal, unless he just didn't want to be a 49er anymore.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                                -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                                Originally posted by Borat
                                Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information