This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
    Getting hyped for Aldon Smith??? When he starts getting sacks in regular season games, then I'll be hyped. Until then, I'll take a wait and see approach.

As for Lawson, love him or hate him but if Aldon becomes a legitimate pass rusher, I would rather have had him and Lawson as our starting OLB's instead of Aldon and Haralson/Brooks.

Oh well, im looking forward to seeing Lawson in the 4-3 as an OLB in Cincy with Rivers and Maulagua as the starting LB core.
    I don't know if the Bengals are going to be use a 4-3 as their base. I heard that might not be the case. We shall see.

In any case, yes we're getting hyped for Aldon Smith. When Lawson came out I certainly don't remember these reports of him being this excited as they are for Aldon. A lot remains to be seen obviously, but it's looking good.

By the way don't be shocked if Manny Lawson bombs in Cincinnati.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
    -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
    Originally posted by Borat
    Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
      I have been saying that for years. :(
      Yeah well we weren't going to change our entire defense to suit one player. We drafted him because we thought he could make the transition. This obviously wasn't the case. Heck, we don't even know if he'd make it as a regular 4-3 end. That's just the hope. He might finally get his chance though so we'll see.
      Last edited by Ness; 08-04-2011, 04:47 AM.

Comment

• The somewhat crappy thing is, with as many pressures as Man-Law got last year, having Aldon on the other ti season side drawing double teams and getting to the QB on a consistent basis might have allowed Manny to get more sacks. He definitely was not a great pass rusher, but with the rest of his game being pretty solid, he may have been able to be a very good complimentary piece to a dominant pass rusher. We'll never know.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
        Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Mays must really suck; not that most knowledgeable fans didn't see this coming...dude was a singletard pick.

Comment

• Adam Schefter reporting the 49ers have signed Donte Whitner from Buffalo huge signing 3 years 11.75 mil.
            Originally posted by 49erNation85
            I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• uhhhhhhhhh what the **** is going on? seems like we have 4 safeties on the rosters that have all started and still want to start. goldson on his way out? mays? reggie smith?

Comment

• Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                uhhhhhhhhh what the **** is going on? seems like we have 4 safeties on the rosters that have all started and still want to start. goldson on his way out? mays? reggie smith?
                I'm thinking...

SS - Donte Whitner - Curtis Taylor
                FS - Reggie Smith - Madieu Williams - Colin Jones

Gone - Mays and Goldson

Comment

• I know the team is going to be better, but Mays is/was one of my favorite players, being such a huge USC fan....

I also envision Smith at FS and Whitner at SS

And switch out Taylor with Spillman, and our have our safeties

Comment

• Bye Bye Dashon. We gave you almost 2 weeks to sign. Peace.

thehawk38 Dashon Goldson

Sorry guys thanx for all ur support but not gonna be back. See ya

Comment

• Originally posted by edgrenade View Post
                      I know the team is going to be better, but Mays is/was one of my favorite players, being such a huge USC fan....

I also envision Smith at FS and Whitner at SS

And switch out Taylor with Spillman, and our have our safeties
                      Forgot to type Spillman. Taylor is supposed to be a ST dream. Should be an interesting camp for these guys.

Comment

• i actually wanna see what Mays can do off the edge at OLB. lol call me crazy but it seems like it would be something he could be good it.

Comment

• I can't believe what a difference 3 days makes. If we get a WR and a CB this offseason would actually be a win. And I was so far from saying that a week ago.

Comment

• Yes we got Whitner. I really wanted this guy from who else was left. Great news.

Comment

• Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                              i actually wanna see what Mays can do off the edge at OLB. lol call me crazy but it seems like it would be something he could be good it.
                              that's just too much of a reach. College FS to NFL 3-4 OLB??? It takes more than just size and speed. Aaron Maybin anyone?

The biggest issue with Mays, besides the obvious issues of experience and bulk, is that he plays so ridiculously high and stiff that I don't see how he'd ever be able to drop his hips and cut the edge.

Comment

• And Goldson remains unsigned by any team. Seems like Harbaugh and company are really getting rid of the riff-raff.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information