This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by phlysac View Post
    I can't believe what a difference 3 days makes. If we get a WR and a CB this offseason would actually be a win. And I was so far from saying that a week ago.
    I'd be pretty satisfied with Rogers and Spencer as the starters, with Culliver, Adams, and Brown backing them up. Don't see any decent CB's left in FA, maybe when cuts come. If we can sign Braylon Edwards or Malcolm Floyd i'd be pretty satisfied with FA.

Comment

• yeah.. count me in on the braylon bandwagon

Comment

• i really hope all of our dline additions prove some value. i've been hearing ian williams and sealver siliga have been getting some praise from tomsula. i know sealver personally, hope he can stick. williams too

Comment

• It will be interesting also to see if we get Braylon Locked up in a three year deal soon too.
          Originally posted by 49erNation85
          I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• Going through the Bills official message board, it seems like Whiter was a decent player, but he had a real bad attitude. He was in Buffalo for a while though so I'm not sure if his attitude was negative from the start or just as time wore on.

Also, apparently he isn't that great in coverage, but he does make a good amount of tackles. If Reggie Smith or our other defenders can hold down the fort in terms of coverage, I won't be that upset knowing we basically have an extra linebacker in the secondary.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
            -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
            Originally posted by Borat
            Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• Adam Schefter
              Filed to ESPN: Free agent WR Braylon Edwards and the San Francisco 49ers reached agreement on a 1-year, $3.5 million deal.

Woot woot, officially pumped up for the season now after today.

Comment

• Ehhhh...not stoked for Braylon Edwards. At all. But you know, he DOES have the potential to be a good receiver in this league. But he really has to put it together.

Comment

• Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
                  I'd be pretty satisfied with Rogers and Spencer as the starters, with Culliver, Adams, and Brown backing them up. Don't see any decent CB's left in FA, maybe when cuts come. If we can sign Braylon Edwards or Malcolm Floyd i'd be pretty satisfied with FA.
                  We added Edwards. Yes! IMO after a shaky beginning we are actually having a pretty good offseason. Combine all the FA adds with Harbaugh and i'm excited!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ness View Post
                    Ehhhh...not stoked for Braylon Edwards. At all. But you know, he DOES have the potential to be a good receiver in this league. But he really has to put it together.
                    I used to not like him at all but he played very well for New York last year. I'd be worried on a multi year deal but I think the one year should keep him motivated like last year. He can get the deep ball and is a big mismatch in the red zone. Him and Vernon give us some serious height down there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ness View Post
                      Yeah well we weren't going to change our entire defense to suit one player. We drafted him because we thought he could make the transition. This obviously wasn't the case. Heck, we don't even know if he'd make it as a regular 4-3 end. That's just the hope. He might finally get his chance though so we'll see.
                      While we're not changing our defensive base and front, it doesnt look pretty close. Franklin, Spikes, Lawson, Clements and Goldson are being or have been replaces. Thats just about half the defense. Honestly, dont see much of a difference but whatever. Even I'll say, let's move on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arsenal View Post
                        I used to not like him at all but he played very well for New York last year. I'd be worried on a multi year deal but I think the one year should keep him motivated like last year. He can get the deep ball and is a big mismatch in the red zone. Him and Vernon give us some serious height down there.
                        Just seems like he has a questionable attitude. Like if things don't go right he may not try as hard or has some mental lapse and can't catch or whatever. Remember he had those drop issues? I remember when we brought in Darrell Jackson and the 49ers kept having issues with dropped balls. I never want to go through that **** again. Especially when we don't have an established quarterback situation.

Comment

• What a difference a few days make. Surprised we signed Whitner and didnt even know he was still available. I know he plays SS but after reading previous posts, it seems like he's stiff in coverage so whats the difference between him and Mays? And I would keep Mays. I'm sure he's cheap and he's only entering his second season. Should at least keep him for depth behind Whitner.

As for FS, who will that be since it appears Goldson will be gone? Williams or Smith? I actually prefer Smith since he's younger and would have the chance to develop.

Signed WR Braylon Edwards too. Holy crap but it sucks that its just a one year deal. I must admit that he was second on my draft pick list back in 2005.

If we can somehow trade for Eagles CB Asante Samuel, I'll officially be the happiest bastard on this forum. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                            What a difference a few days make. Surprised we signed Whitner and didnt even know he was still available. I know he plays SS but after reading previous posts, it seems like he's stiff in coverage so whats the difference between him and Mays? And I would keep Mays. I'm sure he's cheap and he's only entering his second season. Should at least keep him for depth behind Whitner.

As for FS, who will that be since it appears Goldson will be gone? Williams or Smith? I actually prefer Smith since he's younger and would have the chance to develop.

Signed WR Braylon Edwards too. Holy crap but it sucks that its just a one year deal. I must admit that he was second on my draft pick list back in 2005.

If we can somehow trade for Eagles CB Asante Samuel, I'll officially be the happiest bastard on this forum. :)
                            I think the Rogers signing officially put an end to any Samuel interest.

Smith is probably going to take over at FS. He's been great in camp thus far.

And anything more than a one year deal with Edwards would have been sketchy and disappointing. He still faces the possibility of a suspension as well from a DUI. Not to mention he's had an up and down history. Yes he hasn't played with the best quarterbacks, but he's also had a questionable attitude at time and seems suspect to mental lapses resulting in a huge amount of drops. If he wants a brighter future, he's really going to have to earn it.

Comment

• By the way I'm getting the feeling Crabtree is going to be traded in the future. I just don't think it's going to work out with him and the 49ers.

Comment

• I live right on the Ohio River so I get a ton of Browns games and even Jets really. I hated Braylon in Cleveland, he dropped all the easy passes and caught all the impossible ones. He also had to attitude problems with his whole "Cleveland fans hate me cuz I'm from Michigan" crap he always pulled. He has a ton of talent is a legit number one when he is on but he lapsed a ton in Cleveland besides his one monster year where he hauled in 16 touchdowns. Last year in New York, he only had one drop and honestly shut me up and impressed me all year. He still is a showboat, he does backflips and dougies all the time on the field.

Will it work? Maybe but he's a big play waiting to happen and that's something we haven't had at wideout in forever.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information