Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

San Francisco 49ers Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • This could possibly the most dangerous three WR set in the nation. I think putting Crabs in the slot would be ******* dangerous.


    Comment


    • Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
      This could possibly the most dangerous three WR set in the nation. I think putting Crabs in the slot would be ******* dangerous.
      Yeah, but everyone has question marks. And in cases like these, it almost always never works out.

      1. Braylon is inconsistent.

      2. Crabtree hasn't even broken out yet and has a questionable work ethic, attitude as well. Not to mention he's hurt again.

      3. Josh Morgan is inconsistent and hasn't even "broken" out yet...although I personally like his potential compared to everyone else.

      I'm just glad we have Vernon Davis. At least that is one target that is legitimate.

      "Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
      -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
      Originally posted by Borat
      Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

      Comment


      • Only thing that gives me solace in the Edwards signing is that it is a one-year deal. He's a Niner now so I will support him but honestly, I'm not expecting a whole lot. It be interesting to see how he approaches the mental side of things once he realizes that VD is our #1 WR and not him. Wonder what his reaction will be if Zeigler doesnt give up #17? Little things like that worry me with guys like him who have a history of diva-like behavior. But enough of the negative, he does bring a legitmate outside the numbers threat, which can only make VD and Walker that much more dangerous.

        The Whitner signing was HUGE. You talking about a guy who is a tackling machine and is more adapt in coverae than ppl give him credit for. He's no Polomalu but he has a definte nose for the ball. And it seems Fangio is more than pleased with Reggie Smith at FS, which is music to my ears. AND consider Whitner is only 26, so we get him for 3 years in his prime.....excellent. Bit of a attitude problem but hoping a change in scenery will help curb that. Went to the Bengals main board and they are pissed.....they really thought they had Whitner.
        Last edited by VAfy-ya; 08-04-2011, 08:39 PM.

        Comment


        • I don't think Whitner has a nose for the ball, but he is a good tackling machine.

          "Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
          -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
          Originally posted by Borat
          Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

          Comment


          • In red zone drills, Alex Smith's first pass was picked off by Tarell Brown. He then completes all passes following in the drill.
            Apparently Kapernick hasn't look that great in the redzone.
            Last edited by Ness; 08-04-2011, 08:39 PM.

            "Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
            -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
            Originally posted by Borat
            Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Ness View Post
              Apparently Kapernick hasn't look that great in the redzone.
              that quote is like a double win. those flashes i've been talking about from brown.. A.Smith completing passes


              Comment


              • Originally posted by Ness View Post
                I don't think Whitner has a nose for the ball, but he is a good tackling machine.
                If your a tackling machine, you must have a nose for the ball.....I didnt mean it in a ball-hawk sense.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by VAfy-ya View Post
                  If your a tackling machine, you must have a nose for the ball.....I didnt mean it in a ball-hawk sense.
                  That or the Bills linebackers are terrible.

                  "Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                  -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                  Originally posted by Borat
                  Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Ness View Post
                    That or the Bills linebackers are terrible.
                    they arent terrible


                    Comment


                    • Well I guess we'll see what happens when Whitner plays for us.

                      "Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                      -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                      Originally posted by Borat
                      Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Ness View Post
                        That or the Bills linebackers are terrible.
                        Touche......but you don't just waltz your way into 140 tackles, with of 96 of those being solo. Whitner is around the ball alot. He's better than anything we've put on field at SS in a good while. Im eager to see how Fangio uses him. Under Manusky the safties were interchangeable. Not sure Fangio takes that approach.....stay tuned.

                        Comment


                        • The signing of Braylon is huge since now if Crabtree is healthy he can actually play the slot where he is the most effective. I'm in the same boat with a lot of you about Braylon hated him in Cleveland but has had a very nice could years with the Jets love the signing.
                          Originally posted by 49erNation85
                          I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Ness View Post
                            Well I guess we'll see what happens when Whitner plays for us.
                            You realize that Goldson has had a boat load of tackles for the Niners the last couple years. with P-Willy and TKO, etc. I wouldn't call our LB core horrible the last 2 years but he's sil had the opportunity to make a lot of tackles. Goldson isn't as stout and as good of a tackler as Whitner IMO and having good tacklers (especially up the middle) is always good for a D. Balls are going to get caught by WRs and TEs and HBs are going to make it into the 2nd and 3rd levels at times so it's good to have guys that will stuff them, limiting the damage. I believe Whitner will help with that and am excited to see him paired with Smith at FS.


                            #thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                            Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done


                            "He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
                              You realize that Goldson has had a boat load of tackles for the Niners the last couple years. with P-Willy and TKO, etc. I wouldn't call our LB core horrible the last 2 years but he's sil had the opportunity to make a lot of tackles. Goldson isn't as stout and as good of a tackler as Whitner IMO and having good tacklers (especially up the middle) is always good for a D. Balls are going to get caught by WRs and TEs and HBs are going to make it into the 2nd and 3rd levels at times so it's good to have guys that will stuff them, limiting the damage. I believe Whitner will help with that and am excited to see him paired with Smith at FS.
                              he seems like the stout guy while smith is more the finesse guy who will pick the ball. im excited too


                              Comment


                              • Cannot believe we basically got Edwards for free...

                                @MaioccoCSN Matt Maiocco

                                49ers' deal for WR Braylon Edwards is $1M base w/no guaranteed money. He only gets full $3.5M if he catches 90 passes and makes Pro Bowl.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information