Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

San Francisco 49ers Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • thats how contracts should be. good on the FO this offseason. i wasn't too thrilled with it starting out but became pleased with it the last couple days


    Comment


    • We got Edwards for a steal and if he becomes a jackass or gets arrested or whatever before Sept. 11, we can release him and he gets nothing. What would have made this deal better is if it was longer and guaranteed money added in 2012 and beyond.

      Still happy and I checked the ratings for Madden. Edwards and Whitner are both 85 on the Jets and Bills respectively. I just hope when EA releases the roster update that both players are rated the same as they are in the default rosters.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by phlysac View Post
        Cannot believe we basically got Edwards for free...
        Couldn't believe it when I saw that. Amazing how bad he tanked his own market the past few months.

        Looking forward to seeing him a week from now. Been awhile since we have have had a proven WR with the talent that Edwards possess.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
          You realize that Goldson has had a boat load of tackles for the Niners the last couple years. with P-Willy and TKO, etc. I wouldn't call our LB core horrible the last 2 years but he's sil had the opportunity to make a lot of tackles. Goldson isn't as stout and as good of a tackler as Whitner IMO and having good tacklers (especially up the middle) is always good for a D. Balls are going to get caught by WRs and TEs and HBs are going to make it into the 2nd and 3rd levels at times so it's good to have guys that will stuff them, limiting the damage. I believe Whitner will help with that and am excited to see him paired with Smith at FS.
          Yeah well we will see how things unfold.

          "Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
          -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
          Originally posted by Borat
          Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

          Comment


          • Looks like we're hurting already at corner. Spencer sat out his fourth full day of practice. I hope it's nothing serious.

            "Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
            -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
            Originally posted by Borat
            Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

            Comment


            • I really wish we would try to trade for Eagles CB Asante Samuel. With Asomugha and DRC most likely set as the starters, Samuel becomes a nickelback and he's too damn good to be a NB. He would be the playmaker that we havent had since hmmmm, well, I dont even remember. Thats how long its been. Start him opposite Spencer/Rogers (with the other being the NB and Brown the DB) and we have a much improved secondary compared to last year.

              Comment


              • UGH. Looks like Braylon Edwards still doesnt "get it".

                http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...s-the-next-to/

                *shakes head*

                Comment


                • Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                  UGH. Looks like Braylon Edwards still doesnt "get it".

                  http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...s-the-next-to/

                  *shakes head*
                  I don't see how this is a negative. He doesn't wanna be a diva douchebag/locker-room cancer.
                  Last edited by hawkeye123; 08-06-2011, 03:32 AM.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by hawkeye123 View Post
                    I don't see how this is a negative. He doesn't wanna be a diva douche.
                    yeah, nothing of note really... He's saying he wants a fresh start and doesn't want any comparison to TO.

                    I think Dan doesn't like it because he's in love with TO...

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by hawkeye123 View Post
                      I don't see how this is a negative. He doesn't wanna be a diva douchebag/locker-room cancer.
                      Yeah.....why be a diva douchebag/locker room cancer when you can be a better human being by getting arrested every few months.

                      Originally posted by edgrenade View Post
                      yeah, nothing of note really... He's saying he wants a fresh start and doesn't want any comparison to TO.

                      I think Dan doesn't like it because he's in love with TO...
                      TO is my favorite player and yeah, he's an asshole but one the field, he's one of the best receivers of all-time. Why wouldnt Edwards want to be TO in that regard? And im sorry but is already a diva douchebag/locker room cancer but without the stats and playmaking ability to back it up. And did I mention he gets in legal trouble every few months?

                      You guys hate TO. Fine but how can anyone not want to see Edwards play like TO on the field instead of trying to be his dropped every pass thrown to him self?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                        Yeah.....why be a diva douchebag/locker room cancer when you can be a better human being by getting arrested every few months.



                        TO is my favorite player and yeah, he's an asshole but one the field, he's one of the best receivers of all-time. Why wouldnt Edwards want to be TO in that regard? And im sorry but is already a diva douchebag/locker room cancer but without the stats and playmaking ability to back it up. And did I mention he gets in legal trouble every few months?

                        You guys hate TO. Fine but how can anyone not want to see Edwards play like TO on the field instead of trying to be his dropped every pass thrown to him self?
                        His point is that he doesn't want to attract any off the field attention/issues. Something TO has failed to do 90% of his career.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by hawkeye123 View Post
                          His point is that he doesn't want to attract any off the field attention/issues. Something TO has failed to do 90% of his career.
                          WHAT???? ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? THATS ALL EDWARDS HAS DONE SINCE HE WAS IN CLEVELAND. COME ON.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                            UGH. Looks like Braylon Edwards still doesnt "get it".

                            http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...s-the-next-to/

                            *shakes head*
                            Very poorly written article IMO. I think most people would pick up that he means he's not trying to wear out his welcome or become a cancer in the locker room. He didn't by any means imply that he didn't want to be associated with a HOF type of player.


                            This is the prime example players talk about where they say something, and the writer twist it into whatever he wants it to be. I'm not sure what he said in this entire atricle that makes him "not get it".





                            Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                              Very poorly written article IMO. I think most people would pick up that he means he's not trying to wear out his welcome or become a cancer in the locker room. He didn't by any means imply that he didn't want to be associated with a HOF type of player.


                              This is the prime example players talk about where they say something, and the writer twist it into whatever he wants it to be. I'm not sure what he said in this entire atricle that makes him "not get it".
                              Completely agree. I actually saw the segment were he said this and he didn't give off any bad vibes at all. The reporters even laughed along with him. He was completely humble about the entire situation. PFT really screwed this one up.

                              "Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                              -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                              Originally posted by Borat
                              Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Ness View Post
                                PFT really screwed this one up.
                                Shocking revelation :)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information