This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
    He doesnt need to talk. His actions speak louder and the actions by CLE to trade him and the inaction by Ryan to keep him in NY say far more than anyone else ever could. And if he doesnt make the final 53 roster, then it will be three teams.
    Rex Ryan wanted Braylon to come back. I'm sure Braylon didn't like the Burress signing and felt he could be more of a #1 here than he'd ever be in New York.

Comment

• Originally posted by VAfy-ya View Post
      Speaking of RBs, I'm a little puzzled as to why we haven't signed a more WCO-friendly type of FB to battle Norris in TC. Kory Hall was available but he was picked up by the Saints. Doesn't seem to be alot of guys left out there now. Anyone know if Tahi from the Vikes has been signed?
      I don't think that Harbaugh utilizes the FB the way Walsh did. Harbaugh's FB's only get 1 or 2 touches a game and mostly in short-yardage/goal-line situations. The FB will be mostly a lead-blocker in the Power sets. In other sets, I'm just assuming, but I've seen Delanie Walker lined up in front of Frankie G. Perhaps, that's a solution?

Comment

• - Head coach Jim Harbaugh
        During practices, he has punted the ball, caught the ball, thrown the ball, blocked on a running play and even played imitated a shutdown cornerback. His hands on approach has helped the players understand and engage into the new scheme.
        Jim Harbaugh has been very hands-on during camp. Jim Harbaugh has been very hands-on during camp.
        I almost want to cry.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
        -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
        Originally posted by Borat
        Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• TC standouts as per Samuel Lam of the SF Examiner. Lot of young players seem to be impressing- 6 rookies made his standout list (4 drafted, 2 udfa)

http://www.examiner.com/san-francisc...k-of-practices

Comment

• anyone have a list of guys in camp currently?

Comment

• Nice write up on WR Chris Hogan before the draft. Kid has been turning heads in TC.
              http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2..._goes_fro.html

Comment

• Thoughts on Dashon Goldson? He's visiting with New England today.

Comment

• Originally posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
                  Thoughts on Dashon Goldson? He's visiting with New England today.
                  He's a ball hawk type of safety that will go always go for the big play. Average in coverage, average tackler. Apparently he was hurt all of last year and it really slowed him down. When he's on, he's a damn good safety.

Comment

• Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                    anyone have a list of guys in camp currently?
                    Apologies for not taking the time to type them up for you but I believe the main site is up-to-date aside from the jersey numbers and positions.

I count 87 "Active" (Including Nate Byham and Curtis Holcomb who will be IR) plus 3 on the PUP (Michael Crabtree, Dominique Zeigler, and Bruce Miller. I believe Miller has been cleared from the PUP recently.

http://www.49ers.com/team/roster.html

Comment

• Originally posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
                      Thoughts on Dashon Goldson? He's visiting with New England today.
                      Guess Dashon forgot to tweet that one, ha. He'd do well for you guys as a back-up. Don't see how he comes close to beating out Merriweather. Plays physical in the box. Big hitter but horrible tackler(doesn't seem to grasp the concept of wrapping up). Has better range than our fanbase gave him credit for but does have his share of bad reads(Donald Driver's highlight reel TD rec against us last season where broke like 8 would-be tackles happen in part because Goldson came up agressively on a underneath route, which left the seam open for Driver's rec). Does take he share of bad angles and tends to bite hard on play-action. But he's still young and he did play all last year with plantar fascitis in his foot and didnt complain once. He would been our starter if he and Rosenhaus didnt overprice his services. Now he's on the outside looking in it seems. Could play either FS or SS.

Comment

• Who do you think will be the Final 53???

I know it's early but I figured a week before the first Preseason game is a good time to start.

Who do you think the Final 53 will be? This has been the most difficult in several years for me. I listed several of the "Final Cuts" at the end whom I'm not so sure don't make the team.

Thoughts? What might yours look like?

Offense (25)

QB - Alex Smith | Colin Kaepernick | Jeremiah Masoli | (3)

RB - Frank Gore | Anthony Dixon | Kendall Hunter | (3)

FB - Moran Norris | Bruce Miller | (2)

WR - Braylon Edwards | Michael Crabtree | Josh Morgan | Ronald Johnson | Ted Ginn, Jr. | (5)

TE - Vernon Davis | Delanie Walker | Konrad Reuland (3)

OT - Joe Staley | Anthony Davis | Alex Boone | (3)

OG - Mike Iupati | Chilo Rachal | Tony Wragge | Daniel Kilgore | (4)

C - Jonathan Goodwin | Adam Snyder | (2)

Defense (25)

DE - Justin Smith | Ray McDonald | Ricky Jean Francois | Will Tukuafu | (4)

NT - Isaac Sopoaga | Ian Williams | (2)

OLB - Aldon Smith | Parys Haralson | Ahmad Brooks | Thaddeus Gibson | (4)

ILB - Patrick Willis | NaVorro Bowman | Scott McKillop | Larry Grant | (4)

CB - Carlos Rogers | Shawntae Spencer | Tarell Brown | Chris Culliver | Phillip Adams | Tramaine Brock | (6)

S - Donte Whitner | Reggie Smith | C.J. Spillman | Madieu Williams | Curtis Taylor | (5)

Special Teams (3)

K - David Akers

P - Andy Lee

LS - Brian Jennings

Final Cuts and/or close calls

TE - Colin Cloherty

WR - Dominique Zeigler | Kyle Williams | Kevin Jurovich

C/G - Chase Beeler

OT/G - Mike Person

OLB - Antwan Applewhite

ILB - Keaton Kristick | Alex Joseph

S - Taylor Mays | Chris Maragos | Colin Jones

Positions I'm most unsure of...

FB - Are two important with Delanie Walker playing HB in some sets? If only one, can it be a rookie who's never played the position before?

WR - Kyle Williams has rarely had an opportunity and Kevin Jurovich is supposedly vastly improved and has stood out. Do either of them allow the team to part with Ted Ginn?

OLB - Antwan Applewhite has the experience. How has Thaddeus Gibson looked? Tough call between those two. Will "upside" and ST ability be the deciding factor?

ILB - Staff supposedly likes both Keaton Kristick and Alex Joseph. Would either of them stick over Larry Grant? I can't see keeping five.

S - By far the most difficult to predict. Many aren't high on Curtis Taylor but he's a ST demon and has all the tools to become a gem in the backfield. Is he kept? What about Taylor Mays if he isn't dealt? Could he be allowed to just walk? Chris Maragos is in the same boat as C. Taylor minus some of the physical measurements. What about Colin Jones? He was drafted specifically for ST. Is it that imprtant? Just how much better at ST is he than C. Taylor or C. Maragos? Maybe the vet Madieu Williams gets the axe? Is his experience too valuable in such a young backfield? Tough calls.

Obviously I expect more changes. There is ZERO chance that I'd want our backup QBs to be non-traditional rookies, during a lockout offseason.

This was merely using the players currently on the roster.
                        Last edited by phlysac; 08-07-2011, 04:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hawkeye123 View Post
                          He's a ball hawk type of safety that will go always go for the big play. Average in coverage, average tackler. Apparently he was hurt all of last year and it really slowed him down. When he's on, he's a damn good safety.
                          Goldson is not a ballhawk at all. Honestly I don't think he's very good at all. He's a decent tackler, that's about it. He's not very good in coverage and gets beat deep more than any safety should.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ness View Post
                            Goldson is not a ballhawk at all. Honestly I don't think he's very good at all. He's a decent tackler, that's about it. He's not very good in coverage and gets beat deep more than any safety should.
                            He forced 7 turnovers in 2009. He's more of a ballhawk then anything else. He really regressed last year. Supposedly he was hurt though.

Comment

• I would be quite surprised if Colin Jones doesn't make the team. I wouldn't be surprised if he turns out to be the best of all the current secondary players we have on the roster three or four years down the road.

Comment

• Originally posted by hawkeye123 View Post
                                He forced 7 turnovers in 2009. He's more of a ballhawk then anything else. He really regressed last year. Supposedly he was hurt though.
                                Yeah, but one fluke year doesn't make him a ballhawk. Last year he was absolutely dreadful. I'm sure he was hurt, but a lot of other guys that are actually ballhawks are hurt during the season too.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information