This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chapo123 View Post
    mock draft if it's based on what i saw this morning on the nfl network.

1. bj raji - dt
    2. max unger - c/g/t
    3. larry english - de
    4. jermiah johnson - rb
    5. graham harrell - qb
    6. ryan plamer - cb
    7. maurice crum jr - ilb

after patrick chung there really isn't anything special @ the free safety spot. my mays returning to school, it's a pretty weak class.
    I dont think English will last until the third round, but if he did that would be great. I hate the Harrel pick and I have no idea who Unger is. I think if we got Raji, R. Johson, and English then our D would be SICK.

What combination would be better Raji-English or Brace-Brown???? I think Raji-English because English looks stronger than Brown but idk.
    CRANK THAT CRABTREE!!

Comment

• Originally posted by goonie61 View Post
      I dont think English will last until the third round, but if he did that would be great. I hate the Harrel pick and I have no idea who Unger is. I think if we got Raji, R. Johson, and English then our D would be SICK.

What combination would be better Raji-English or Brace-Brown???? I think Raji-English because English looks stronger than Brown but idk.
      Brace has the same physical measurables as Raji but is not at all close talent-wise.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
        Chung is a SS for the last ******* time.
        dude...just chill.
        johnson isn't someone i'm sold.
        unger is a solid c, who can play all 3 spots. on monday they showcased him manhandling raji.

Comment

dude...just chill
          I dont think he's getting mad at you but rather he and I have both noticed that people confuse his size for him being a FS when really he's always been a SS at Oregon.

Comment

• Just read that Coach Sing is asking potential OCs about Alex Smith during interviews. Appearently coach thinks Alex has great talent and his struggles are due to the OC changes. It looks like Alex is staying and will compete with Hill.

Comment

• This is what another web site said about Raji during Sr Bowl practice.

"DT B.J. Raji was the most impressive defensive lineman on the day. He displays impressive power and body control during one-on-one sessions and was consistently able to drive defenders into the backfield. He exhibited a power rip and knows how to make plays versus the pass."

Raji at Media day

"Boston College DT B.J. Raji is an intelligent, well-spoken individual who was very relaxed and funny with reporters. He discussed with me the first-day weigh-in and the experience of a being 6-2, 334-pound man asked to parade around in his underwear in front of scouts. Raji also laughed about the push-ups and sit-ups that many of the receivers, corners and running backs did to get that last second “pump” before they walked on stage."

Day 2
              "Can’t say enough about the performance of DT B.J. Raji. He is having a performance similar to former USC DT Sedrick Ellis a year ago. Raji has been dominant, consistently beating blockers with his combination of power and suddenness. He even flattened C Max Unger on one play, putting him on his back. Raji’s stock is at hot as ever, and he could be headed for a top-10 pick."

Comment

• Originally posted by woodyx02 View Post
                This is what another web site said about Raji during Sr Bowl practice.

"DT B.J. Raji was the most impressive defensive lineman on the day. He displays impressive power and body control during one-on-one sessions and was consistently able to drive defenders into the backfield. He exhibited a power rip and knows how to make plays versus the pass."

Raji at Media day

"Boston College DT B.J. Raji is an intelligent, well-spoken individual who was very relaxed and funny with reporters. He discussed with me the first-day weigh-in and the experience of a being 6-2, 334-pound man asked to parade around in his underwear in front of scouts. Raji also laughed about the push-ups and sit-ups that many of the receivers, corners and running backs did to get that last second “pump” before they walked on stage."

Day 2
                "Can’t say enough about the performance of DT B.J. Raji. He is having a performance similar to former USC DT Sedrick Ellis a year ago. Raji has been dominant, consistently beating blockers with his combination of power and suddenness. He even flattened C Max Unger on one play, putting him on his back. Raji’s stock is at hot as ever, and he could be headed for a top-10 pick."
                Nothing I couldn't have told you ;)
                Originally posted by 49erNation85
                I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

Just read that Coach Sing is asking potential OCs about Alex Smith during interviews. Appearently coach thinks Alex has great talent and his struggles are due to the OC changes. It looks like Alex is staying and will compete with Hill.
                  i really hope not

Comment

• Those were my thoughts originally but at least according to this the niners will have no interest in a QB high in the draft

Comment

i really hope not
                      Why he can still be a great QB in this league. If he is healthy I think he will be.

Comment

Those were my thoughts originally but at least according to this the niners will have no interest in a QB high in the draft
                        Which is good because I'd rather we spend our picks on positions that need help. I wouldnt touch any QB until round 4, personally.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                          Which is good because I'd rather we spend our picks on positions that need help. I wouldnt touch any QB until round 4, personally.
                          I totally agree.

Comment

• I think Alex has enough potential upside to remain with the team another 1-2 years upon revising his contract. How bad would the Niners feel if he went to a division rival like the Seahawks and turned into a great QB that would haunt us for years? They made the investment drafting him first overall and they have to make sure there aren't any doubts remaining before ending his tenure with the Niners. If not, they may regret it.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                            Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
                              I think Alex has enough potential upside to remain with the team another 1-2 years upon revising his contract. How bad would the Niners feel if he went to a division rival like the Seahawks and turned into a great QB that would haunt us for years? They made the investment drafting him first overall and they have to make sure there aren't any doubts remaining before ending his tenure with the Niners. If not, they may regret it.
                              Exactly which is why I want him to remain with the team, and have him and Shaun Hill battle it out for the starting spot.

Comment

• I think they need to let Hill start from day 1. Keep Alex around in case Hill doesnt work out but Hill cant start the season on the bench again that would be terrible

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information