Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd rather take my chances with Reggie Smith at FS than Goldson. We'll see who performs better in the preseason I guess.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
    -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
    Originally posted by Borat
    Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• Originally posted by K Train View Post
      hows thaddeus gibson doing?

:-(
      I've been wondering that myself. Havent heard ANYTHING about him from training camp.....and thats not usually a good sign.

And I read that Smith minor injury isnt so minor.....may require surgery. If thats the case, the Goldson signing makes all the sense in the world now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Borat View Post
        Goldson re-signed. WTF.
        Hello Dashon & Drew, your reality check is now complete. Welcome to the real world!!

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me

Comment

• mattbarrowsMatt Barrows

Source: #49ers S ReggieSmith has a tear in the meniscus of one of his knees. He'll miss a couple of weeks, but it's not a long-term injury.
          Heard anywhere from 2-4 weeks. I swear between Smith and Brooks, I always end up with egg on my face. Everytime I think one is gonna step up, they get injured. At least its not long term but this ALWAYS seems to happen to these guys.

Comment

• Goldson signed for only $2 million

Braylon will wear #18

and check this out for good news...
            "There's maybe a smidgen of truth to that," Edwards says. "At the end of the day I just saw this as a better situation. I saw this as a future situation. Even though I signed a one-year deal I don't see this as a stop on Braylon's World Tour. I plan on shutting it down here if things go right. I just couldn't see myself shutting it down in Arizona. They're ever-changing. They're always making drastic decisions. At the same time I can see myself being a No. 1 here. I can see there being two No. 1s here, myself and Crabtree. We could just go after each other and make each other better. Larry is that franchise's face, but that was just a small part of my decision. I just ... didn't feel right about Arizona in my heart. I just didn't really see that as where I was supposed to be. I saw this as where I was supposed to be.
            http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1UScne2np

Comment

• Braylon says he sees himself as number 1 but then says he and Crabtree can both be number 1s??? LOL. Which is it? And its funny, he simply reversed 81 into 18. LOL.

Comment

• And our secondary has been improved over a week ago. Rogers, Spencer, Whitner and Goldson. Nice. If Goldson can go back to his 2009 form, we might have a good secondary. And I see us keeping Smith but not the veteran Williams and Mays is 50/50. They should offer him and a draft pick to PHI for Samuel. Oh well.

Comment

• And the Madden NFL 12 demo comes out tomorrow. Yay. I hope the gameplay at least matches Madden NFL 10 and I should have my football game for 2011. :)

Comment

• I thought you didn't play Madden Dan. Or as you put it "I don't play crapaden!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by VAfy-ya View Post
                      Heard anywhere from 2-4 weeks. I swear between Smith and Brooks, I always end up with egg on my face. Everytime I think one is gonna step up, they get injured. At least its not long term but this ALWAYS seems to happen to these guys.
                      So there is still a good chance that Smith can contribute. Maybe even by the season opener. At least he's not out for good. I was concerned.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ness
                        I thought you didn't play Madden Dan. Or as you put it "I don't play crapaden!!"
                        Actually, it's CRAPADDEN with two D's. LOL.

I didnt last year as 11 was worse than 10. I still play 2K3 and 2K5 but I dont have the time or patience to edit 2K5 anymore. If I did, then I would still be playing 2K5. And sadly, Madden is the only NFL game released every year due to that exclusive license bullcrap.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                          Braylon says he sees himself as number 1 but then says he and Crabtree can both be number 1s??? LOL. Which is it?
                          He was recognizing Crabtree's talents. See, he can do no right for you can he? He acknowledges that's he's not "just" trying to be "The Man" but that he views Crabtree as a #1 quality WR, also. That's a bad thing???

Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                          And its funny, he simply reversed 81 into 18. LOL.
                          No. Actually it was between 12 and 18. He went with 18 because it combines his college number at Michigan (1) with his Profession number thus far with Browns and Jets (17).

Comment

• and think back 3 years...

Michael Lewis and Mark Roman.

Thank *insert personal savior here* for improvement and depth at Safety.

Comment

• Depth Chart for the game this Friday

OFFENSE

WR: 19 Ted Ginn Jr., 81 Braylon Edwards, 10 Kyle Williams, 14 Kevin Jurovich, 5 Chris Hogan
                              LT: 74 Joe Staley, 75 Alex Boone, 63 Donovan Edwards
                              LG: 77 Mike Iupati, 67 Daniel Kilgore, 60 Nick Howell
                              C: 68 Adam Snyder, 66 Jonathan Goodwin, 61 Chase Beeler
                              RG: 62 Chilo Rachal, 69 Tony Wragge, 71 Derek Hall
                              RT: 76 Anthony Davis, 78 Mike Person, 65 Kenny Wiggins
                              TE: 85 Vernon Davis, 46 Delanie Walker, 48 Konrad Reuland, 83 Colin Cloherty, 47 Chris Blohm, 82 Nate Byham (injured)
                              WR: 84 Joshua Morgan, 18 Lance Long, 88 Ronald Johnson, 13 Joe Hastings, 6 Tyler Beiler
                              FB: 44 Moran Norris, 49 Bruce Miller, 43 Jack Corcoran
                              RB: 21 Frank Gore, 24 Anthony Dixon, 32 Kendall Hunter, 33 Xavier Omon, 26 Seth Smith
                              QB: 11 Alex Smith, 7 Colin Kaepernick, 3 Jeremiah Masoli, 1 McLeod Bethel-Thompson

DEFENSE

LDT: 91 Ray McDonald, 78 Demarcus Dobbs, 64 Ian Williams
                              NT: 90 Isaac Sopoaga, 95 Ricky Jean Francois, 61 Sealver Siliga
                              RDT: 94 Justin Smith, 63 Will Tukuafu, 71 Brian Bulcke
                              LOLB: 55 Ahmad Brooks, 96 Antwan Applewhite, 47 Monte Simmons
                              ILB: 53 NaVorro Bowman, 54 Larry Grant, 56 Scott McKillop, 58 Alex Joseph
                              ILB: 52 Patrick Willis, 57 Keaton Kristick, 51 Blake Costanzo
                              ROLB: 98 Parys Haralson, 99 Aldon Smith, 59 Thaddeus Gibson, 50 Kenny Rowe
                              LCB: 22 Carlos Rogers, 29 Chris Culliver, 35 Phillip Adams, 32 Cory Nelms
                              RCB: 36 Shawntae Spencer, 25 Tarell Brown, 26 Tramaine Brock, 33 Phillip Davis
                              FS: 30 Reggie Smith, 20 Madieu Williams, 40 Chris Maragos, 28 Curtis Taylor
                              SS: 31 Donte Whitner, 27 C.J. Spillman, 23 Taylor Mays, 45 Anthony West, 43 Colin Jones

SPECIAL TEAMS

PR: 19 Ted Ginn, 10 Kyle Williams, 88 Ronald Johnson
                              KOR: 19 Ted Ginn, 32 Kendall Hunter, 29 Chris Culliver
                              P: 4 Andy Lee
                              K: 2 David Akers, 9 Fabrizio Scaccia
                              H: 4 Andy Lee
                              LS: 86 Brian Jennings

http://www.examiner.com/san-francisc...es-depth-chart

Comment

• THE GOOD

- Braylon Edwards. Caught a five-yard fade in the end-zone from Alex Smith and made it look easy. The 49ers havenít had a wide receiver they could throw the ball up to in goal line situations, and now they do.

- Carlos Rogers. Didnít allow any completions in one-on-one drills, and no quarterback threw his way during scrimmages.

- Chris Culliver. The second best cornerback behind Rogers in the one-on-ones. Heís big and fast and improving.

- Ahmad Brooks. Got some practice reps for the first time in a few days, and got a sack around the left edge. Brooks looks much more comfortable rushing around the edge than Aldon Smith, who often gets pushed out of the play unless he cuts back inside.

http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2011/...-quarterbacks/

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information