Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kind of shocked Dobbs is ahead of Ian Williams.......and that he's not in the rotation at NT.

Comment

• Bootlegs are back. About ******* time. We'll probably have the best output this year since Turner was around, the only one that seemed like he knew how to design a decent offense. No more Gore straight up the middle, straight up the middle, and then punt. Man I hated Singletary/Raye.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
      -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
      Originally posted by Borat
      Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• Originally posted by VAfy-ya View Post
        Kind of shocked Dobbs is ahead of Ian Williams.......and that he's not in the rotation at NT.
        That depth chart doesn't seem accurate at all. We will see.

The link has already been taken down. And if Sam Lam wrote it, he removed it from his blog entirely.

Comment

• Just watched the Stanford vs Cal game last year

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hkCG9IPcAg

It was 31-0 in the 3rd and Stanford was still attacking. It almost brought a tear to my eye. Gone are days when were up 3-0 and we try to coast the rest of the game.

Comment

• And ESPN's Mike Sando has good things to say as well.....

This was the crispest, most efficient practice I've seen while visiting NFC West camps over the past week. Coach Jim Harbaugh was everywhere, including deep inside the offensive huddle. The 49ers practiced with purpose.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post...rom-49ers-camp

Comment

• Practice better + prepare better = play better.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
              Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Good tidbit from Maiocco's depth chart breakdown:
                http://www.csnbayarea.com/08/09/11/M...77&feedID=5936

A team source says the club expects Crabtree's foot to be ready for him to play late in the exhibition season. More than likely, he'll be held out until the regular season.

Crossing my fingers he can avoid the PUP list heading into the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
                  Good tidbit from Maiocco's depth chart breakdown:
                  http://www.csnbayarea.com/08/09/11/M...77&feedID=5936

Crossing my fingers he can avoid the PUP list heading into the season.
                  I'm pretty sure that depth chart is the same one that Sam Lam posted for th examiner a few posts ago. Interesting that Maiocco has Dobbs ahead of Williams at DE and Williams not listed as a NT. Especially considering that he even admits that Ian Williams has seen a bunch of time at NT and just a little at DE.
                  Williams has worked a lot at nose tackle, and has started to see action at other spots on the line, too. Still, this might be a spot where the 49ers look to grab an experienced backup for insurance around the time final cuts are made around the league

Comment

• Originally posted by phlysac View Post
                    I'm pretty sure that depth chart is the same one that Sam Lam posted for th examiner a few posts ago. Interesting that Maiocco has Dobbs ahead of Williams at DE and Williams not listed as a NT. Especially considering that he even admits that Ian Williams has seen a bunch of time at NT and just a little at DE.
                    Yeah both are using the depth chart that the team is ordered to issue for Friday's game.

Comment

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
                      Yeah both are using the depth chart that the team is ordered to issue for Friday's game.
                      I guess this is the official Chart released by the team. I see that now and it makes more sense. I was originally reading way too much into it. It's strictly for the New Orleans game and doesn't project well to opening day.

Comment

• Recap of today's practice

NaVorro Bowman. Hit backup running back Seth Smith hard in the hole, and was
                        effective blitzing the quarterback through the middle of the offensive line on
                        others.
                        Nice to hear Bowman is doing well. I've also heard great things about Larry Grant, so hopefully the loss of TKO doesn't hurt us too bad.

Donte Whitner. Really stood out on defense. He had an interception and a
                        pass-breakup where his helmet flew off.
                        I think this is the 2nd or 3rd time i've read he's had a day of practice. This is only his 3rd day of practice so it seems like he's catching on. We need a playmaking presence at Safety and hopefully Whitner can provide it in Fangio's scheme.

Aldon Smith. Didn’t get to the quarterback like he has in previous practices. Defensive coordinator Vic Fangio says Smith has “shown flashes” but that he’s “struggling picking up the system.”

It won't let me quote it for some reason. Anyways, is Fangio just doing this to motivate Aldon, or is this a case of Aldon not picking up the finer points of the defense? Its also dissappointing to hear he didn't get pressure, but on the other hand he's dominated camp up until now. Looks like Boone might be a diamond in the rough though. I'd love for him to push for a starting job if he can because our OT's are still very unproven.

Link- http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2011/...all-symposium/

Comment

• Originally posted by Ness
                          Man I hated Singletary/Raye.
                          Excluding Norv Turner, I have hated every HC and OC/DC since Mariucci was let go.

Comment

• 49ers working out Duante Culpepper

RT @ProFootballTalk: Daunte Culpepper is getting a workout with the 49ers, per a league source.
                            2 minutes ago via UberSocial
                            http://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=bydavidwhite

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by hawkeye123 View Post
                              49ers working out Duante Culpepper

http://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=bydavidwhite

Lol
                              WTF? This isn't the "veteran" that I thought Harbaugh would go for. This looks desperate.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                              Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Ugh. What number will Luck wear for us next year?
                                The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information