This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ness View Post
    Don't know about Adams. I think it depends on how he recovers from his injury. Even before I was never really impressed with him, but he hasn't been here long.
    To each his own, but I've always been impressed with his short area quickness and his ability to close on the ball. Broke up two passes I believe against the Saints. Even the few snaps he saw in the regular season last year I thought he flashed potential. All depends if he can overcome that ankle while still showing enough improvement to warrant a spot. With Brock, Adams, and Culliver I believe we have a good young neculeus of CBs to lean on in the future.
    Last edited by VAfy-ya; 08-16-2011, 08:06 PM.

Comment

• Apparently we are one of several teams vying for the services of recently released OLB Aaron Maybin http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archiv...ll-maybin.html.

I was against it at first but at worst he becomes decent depth behind the starters at OLB and him and Applewhite compete for one spot on the 53. Just not found of Maybin's lack of work ethic since becoming a pro.

Comment

• or the fact that he weighs 15 lbs less than Taylor Mays lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by phlysac View Post
          or the fact that he weighs 15 lbs less than Taylor Mays lol.
          That's exactly what I thought when I read the article yesterday that he'd been released. LOL.

We're all stocked up at safety.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
          Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• i remember when people had us taking maybin. thank the lord it didn't happen. wasted roster space and money

Comment

• Yea, he's terrible. Do not want.
              The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• WOW!!! Amazing!!! If we sign Maybin but yet didnt even try to keep Lawson, I'll lose a little confidence in Baalke and Harbaugh because come on, its like comparing ice cream to crap. UGH.

Comment

• There are more teams interested in Maybin than Lawson. Figure that one out Dan.
                  The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Originally posted by phlysac View Post
                    or the fact that he weighs 15 lbs less than Taylor Mays lol.
                    That too. Decent athlete but just not a sound football player in any way. Kind of shocked all these teams are interested in him. That being said....

Personnel report: After former Buffalo Bills first-round pick OLB Aaron Maybin cleared waivers, the 49ers were among the teams to inquire about signing him, his agent said. But Maybin decided he was not going to sign with the 49ers, opting to go in "another direction," his agent said. Maybin, the No. 11 overall pick of the 2009 draft, had no sacks for the Bills in two seasons.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/08/16/11/4...70&feedID=5936
                    Last edited by VAfy-ya; 08-16-2011, 11:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pat Sims 90
                      The 49ers got the Bengals 2013 7th Round Draft pick for Mays.
                      Yes. This sucks.

Bengals.com notes 49ers got 7th-rd pick in 2013 for Taylor Mays http://t.co/qhgUoAW

A 7th and not even a pick in next year's draft.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                      Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• WOW!!! Its probably just me but I would have just kept Mays.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                          WOW!!! Its probably just me but I would have just kept Mays.
                          Over who though? He was 6th on the depth chart.

Comment

• First wave of cuts happening:
                            The 49ers' cuts have begun. WR Kevin Jurovich, who was Alex Smith's right-hand man this offseason, is one of the players released ...
                            Jurovich was having a RoJo like preseason. Was rooting for a local guy to make the roster.

Comment

• damn it! I liked Jurovich at San Jo.

Comment

• You guys release McKillop too..that's to bad because he is a tackling machine. Hopefully he gets picked up somewhere else.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information