Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mckillop looked really stiff during games since his injury. Definitely not the same player as he was in 2009.

Comment

• according to caste football, mckillop was the best linebacker we had since he got to san fran haha

Comment

• http://forums.49ers.com/messageboard...d.php?t=118494

yikes...the pics in this thread are comedy....if only they didn't hurt so much too.

Comment

• I thought that Aaron Rodgers > Alex Smith was pretty much universally known by now?

Comment

• Originally posted by hawkeye123 View Post
            I thought that Aaron Rodgers > Alex Smith was pretty much universally known by now?
            Yeah, but many believe that "good QBs" i.e. Aaron Rodgers succeed with poor O-Linis play.

My point is that poor O-Line play and and absolute jail-break style lack of pass pro are two entirely different things. These pics are a good representation of that.

Comment

• Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
              according to caste football, mckillop was the best linebacker we had since he got to san fran haha
              Well, that's stupid, but McKillop really is a good LB. I thought he was a perfect backup.

Originally posted by hawkeye123 View Post
              Mckillop looked really stiff during games since his injury. Definitely not the same player as he was in 2009.
              The game against the Texans was his first action since the injury. He had 7 tackles in less than a half of play.

His knee isn't ready. He was hobbled and in pain after every play. He was cut because he is an injury risk and the team would have to eat his contract.

I feel bad because IF he heals properly, he's still great depth and solid ST contributor with legit LS experience.

Horrible timing. He had no chance of making this team. I still like him better than Kristick however. But I don't think Kristick makes the team either.

Comment

• More to come???

PPSsportsMGMT Pro Player Solutions
                @JasonLaCanfora Gore just signed an extension today. Numbers not out yet
                20 minutes ago
                PPSsportsMGMT Pro Player Solutions
                Congrats to Frank Gore on signing his extension with the Niners today.
                20 minutes ago

Comment

I thought that Aaron Rodgers > Alex Smith was pretty much universally known by now?
                  I don't think anyone is gonna argue against that on this board (maybe on crap sites like .com) but it's just striking how different the pass protection in those pictures are...our line is seriously made up of bowling pins.

Comment

• YES! Gore looks to be signed to an extension. Details have been made available just yet but we'll know more shortly.

UPDATE from PFT:

Gore will sign three-year extension with $21 million in new money and $13.5 million guaranteed, per league source.
                    Last edited by Madirishman; 08-30-2011, 08:17 PM.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                    Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

In terms of ability and decision making yes. Rodgers is the better quarterback hands down.

Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
                      YES! Gore looks to be signed to an extension. Details have been made available just yet but we'll know more shortly.

UPDATE from PFT:

Gore will sign three-year extension with $21 million in new money and $13.5 million guaranteed, per league source.
                      Finally some good news for a change. I really have to give Gore props for sticking with the 49ers his entire career my goodness.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                      -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                      Originally posted by Borat
                      Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• Stick up for Frank Gore in the Free Agency thread in the Pro Football Forum.

Comment

• Looks like Tarrell Brown and Shawntae Spencer are slated to be our starters at corner. And Goodwin is slated to be our starting center. I can live with that. I thought Brock might make a push. But it's nice to have him as a backup along with Culliver. Spencer may not start anyways though or may get hurt again so Brock may be thrust into the spotlight sooner rather than later.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                          -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                          Originally posted by Borat
                          Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• What happened to Rogers?

Comment

• I think Ness forgot about him. It'll be Spencer and Rogers starting, most likely, followed by Brown and Brock.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ness
                                Good backup. Can play center and guard. Took over in 2006 for a while after Eric Heitman broke his leg and played well. Honestly I'm not sure why he was never in the discussion for a starting role, but I suppose he just never looked that great to the coaches in practice. Regardless he's a solid backup. Not great, but not terrible.

Pretty much sums it up. Solid back-up but not starter material. I truly believe he was only signed as insurance incase we couldnt land another center after Bass signed with the G-Men. But as far as back-ups go, he's as solid as they come.

In other news, Applewhite was waived to make room for Gooden. And new numbers are in....

Goodwin #59
                                Tukuafu #92
                                Ian Williams #93
                                Dobbs #96
                                Reuland #88
                                Corey Nelms #23
                                Braylon Edwards #17
                                Scott Tolizen #3

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information