This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 49ersfan_87
    I got NFL Sunday Ticket for the first time back in 09. Before that i had to settle for whatever was on TV, ie not the 49ers. I lived in and around NYC before, and Toronto now so its always been the Giants, Jets, and Bills game, and i'm tired of watching those teams. Love NFL Sunday Ticket, get to watch the 49ers every week, plus all the other interesting games. Congrats
    Thanks. I cant wait until later today when Sony updates PSN so I can download the app and then subscribe to NFL ST.

Originally posted by Ness
    Ahh so you haven't been watching the majority of the games all this time Dan.
    Hmmm, didnt you know this already???

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
      Thanks. I cant wait until later today when Sony updates PSN so I can download the app and then subscribe to NFL ST.

Hmmm, didnt you know this already???
      I'm curious Dan, how does NFL ST work? Does it cost the same as Sunday Ticket? I know they're now offering Sunday Ticket online for fans who aren't allowed satellite dishes at their residence or can't have service because of an obstruction that blocks the satellite from facing the south. But I think they actually charge more than the regular Sunday Ticket price.

Comment

• Originally posted by VAfy-ya View Post
        I'm curious Dan, how does NFL ST work? Does it cost the same as Sunday Ticket? I know they're now offering Sunday Ticket online for fans who aren't allowed satellite dishes in the residence or can't have service because of an obstruction that blocks the satellite from facing the south. But I think they actually charge more than the regular Sunday Ticket price.
        It's five more dollars. Honestly if I had more time/money on my hands I'd invest in it. I think it's $339.99. I don't have the kind of money just lying around. So for now and maybe for a while I'll have to settle on live streams and torrenting games that have already aired. There are also a lot of bars around my house so if I want HD or I'm not finding a good stream I can just go there.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
        -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
        Originally posted by Borat
        Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• 49ers release Antwan Applewhite to make room for Gooden

Comment

• Originally posted by ArkyRamsFan
            Dear Niners fans,

I am a Rams fan that comes in peace to your board. Recently the Rams signed Tony Wragge to be a backup guard/center. Could you folks please tell me a little about him?

Has he ever started for ya'll and what are his strengths and weaknesses as a player?

I've read on your board many posts regarding your dissatisfaction with your OL so I am a little apprehensive about a guy who couldn't bust the starting lineup with your team.

Thanks for your time. We will see ya'll very soon!! Lol...
            Has game experience at all 5 OL positions. He's a great guy to have on the bench in case a starter goes down.

Comment

• Thank you Ness and Phylsac for your responses to my question. From what I can gather the Rams like Wragge's size, physicality and that he can play multiple positions.

One last question if ya'll don't mind; in your opinion do you consider Wragge a better pass blocker or run blocker? And, finally, did he have much down time due to injury while he was with the Niners?

P.S. Well, I guess that's actually two questions isn't it? Heh...And I just asked a third one!! This is harder to stop than you think...LOL!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ArkyRamsFan View Post
                Thank you Ness and Phylsac for your responses to my question. From what I can gather the Rams like Wragge's size, physicality and that he can play multiple positions.

One last question if ya'll don't mind; in your opinion do you consider Wragge a better pass blocker or run blocker? And, finally, did he have much down time due to injury while he was with the Niners?

P.S. Well, I guess that's actually two questions isn't it? Heh...And I just asked a third one!! This is harder to stop than you think...LOL!!
                To my knowledge, I dont recall Wragge ever being hurt. Maybe early in his PS years but not recently. And I would say he is slighty better in the run game but its not like he's terrible in pass pro or great in run blocking, he's decent all around. And I believe he was considered our strongest lineman when he was here, for what its worth. He's just not very athletic and has trouble working in space. But he could be a spot starter for a couple of games and give you solid play. We just had younger options that the staff liked so he was deemed expendable.

Comment

• Tolzien wear the #16 in College and the Chargers and now #3 for the Niners...
                  Montana wear #3 in College and #16 for us... ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by MaybeDavis View Post
                    Tolzien wear the #16 in College and the Chargers and now #3 for the Niners...
                    Montana wear #3 in College and #16 for us... ;)

Comment

• Edwards won't be suspended. This is great news.

And apparently David Garrard has been in contact with several teams since been released. The 49ers may be one of them, but at this point I doubt they'd have interest.

Comment

• Very happy Edwards wont get suspended. Anyone know the starters for offense and defense for the opener Sunday?

Comment

• Looks like Madieu Williams is starting at safety for us Sunday.

Veteran Madieu Williams will likely get the start at free safety Sunday in the 49ers' season opener against the Seattle Seahawks with Dashon Goldson expected to be out with a knee injury.

Goldson did not take part in practice Thursday, as he worked out individually on a side field, where the 49ers' outdoor weight room is situation. Goldson does not expect to be active for Sunday's game. He has been out since experiencing knee soreness a week ago.

Reggie Smith was atop the depth chart at free safety before undergoing arthroscopic surgery on his right knee on Aug. 8. He wore No. 29 at practice Thursday, indicating his role on the scout team as Seahawks safety Earl Thomas.
                          http://www.csnbayarea.com/09/08/11/W...94&feedID=5936

Goldson is banged up and it seems Reggie Smith might still be having problems with his lingering injury. Although it's unclear. In any case I don't have that much faith in Williams and the Seahawks may try to exploit him early.

And apparently we worked out Donnie Avery. It would be nice to have him aboard, but I'm guessing his release from the Rams means that he's not fully healthy or something is really up since he seemed like a promising receiver a while back before he got hurt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ness View Post
                            And apparently we worked out Donnie Avery. It would be nice to have him aboard, but I'm guessing his release from the Rams means that he's not fully healthy or something is really up since he seemed like a promising receiver a while back before he got hurt.
                            No team wants to pay his big rookie contract. Since he's hurt if he doesn't start week 1 on a roster that contract number goes away, I believe.

Comment

• Xavier Omon Released - Ian Johnson Signed

The San Francisco 49ers have signed running back Ian Johnson to the practice squad.

It was Johnson who in January 2007 helped Boise State stun 10th-ranked Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl and then proposed to his cheerleader girlfriend on national television.

The Niners cleared roster room for Johnson by releasing running back Xavier Omon.

Johnson, originally signed by the Minnesota Vikings as an undrafted free agent in 2009, spent stints on the practice squads for both the Arizona Cardinals and Detroit Lions last season. He was with Detroit this year before his release on Sept. 3.
                              http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...7D59.DTL&tsp=1

WTF?

Comment

• On to week 3 against the Bengals...i don't even want to think about the Cowboys game. A heartbreaking loss like that is going to take a while to forget.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information